IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: As usual - balanced well reasoned logic ...

Any country that takes exception to the leak is just too sensitive for its own good (read: using the news to rattle sabres rather than accept mutual reality).

US may be making some diplomatic screw-ups (this obsession with Saddman Hussien) but there is some sense in letting world know that US is not always 'touch-feely', nor should be.

Jimmy Carter's 'touch-feely' policies did the US no 'real' good whatsoever. Reagan's 'teflon' president approach to tough international action was the basis for collapse of USSR. I don't like his support for some S American governments but he won in the long run. In fact, I suspect Bush is doing his best to copy Reagan.

DSM
New Bush 2 imitates Reagan?
An admirable goal, but he hardly has the personality to carry it off. A puppy-dog look and stilted speeches doth not a good Reagan imitation make.

(Listening to his speech this morning, it never fails to amaze me how bad both he and his father are at delivering speeches.)
Where each demon is slain, more hate is raised, yet hate unchecked also multiplies. - L. E. Modesitt
     Thinking the unthinkable - (marlowe) - (38)
         If you've got the weapons . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (11)
             Tactical Nukes - (nking) - (5)
                 Not as effective as might be hoped. - (JayMehaffey) - (4)
                     You mean old-old tech - (nking) - (3)
                         Sort of - (JayMehaffey) - (2)
                             Armor? - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 What it says . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             Yes, ' plan' is not the deed. More is implicit. - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Uh, Ash, think about it a bit more. - (Ric Locke) - (1)
                     "Disinformation, Age of" - see under "Current Events" - (Ashton)
             Re: As usual - balanced well reasoned logic ... - (dmarker2) - (1)
                 Bush 2 imitates Reagan? - (wharris2)
         Not so unthinkable - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
             Iran on the enemy list - (wharris2)
         Ummm, this has been our doctrine..... - (Brandioch) - (23)
             Strategic Doctrine - (Ric Locke) - (22)
                 20 years is the limit of my personal experience. - (Brandioch) - (20)
                     Re: 20 years is the limit of my personal experience. - (Ric Locke) - (19)
                         Not that thinking. - (Brandioch) - (18)
                             What was the Clancy novel? - (wharris2) - (1)
                                 Red Storm - (dlevitt)
                             Re: Not that thinking. - (Ric Locke) - (15)
                                 India and Pakistan. - (Brandioch) - (14)
                                     Agreed - down to the root issues - - (Ashton) - (5)
                                         Ashton, you said it. - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                             If there were a simpler explanation - (Ashton)
                                         Aston..I must disagree... - (Simon_Jester)
                                         Koki Annann on Charlie Rose, last night - (Ashton) - (1)
                                             (cough, cough) Kofi Annan that is. :) - (a6l6e6x)
                                     India and Pakistan. - (Ric Locke) - (7)
                                         Whatever. - (Brandioch) - (6)
                                             Oh. Drift. - (Ric Locke) - (5)
                                                 Who, what, where? - (Brandioch) - (4)
                                                     Ah, yes. - (Ric Locke) - (3)
                                                         Step #1. Knowledge. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                                             So simple. - (Ric Locke) - (1)
                                                                 It's very simple to refute me. - (Brandioch)
                 Well-enough put, but only part of the scenario IMhO - (Ashton)