See also: dissembling and gerund phrases such as at:

[link|http://www.geocities.com/gene_moutoux/diagram2.htm|Lying techniques parsed]

Umm Ric - you didn't imagine that I/we er *believe* at face value ANYTHING released officially or officially-leaked (from M$ or any agency, that is. Now the Pope is in an entireley different category, natch..)

Mean only: this particular tack creates an open-ended set of expectations - opposite to those generated by the [lie] Other recent [lie] regarding our Selected Resident's putative view of:

Say? "The non-Role of Nukes in Everyone's Future". THAT piece of disinfo you see.. clashes a bit with the latest homogenized piece of fluff.

My merely personal opinion is: no military mind can long stay away from imagining: possession of Ultimate Control of all aspects of the daily world play. It is *THERE* to be imagined about, as perfectly obviously as, as a down-scale Mercedes owner's guaranteed lust for a new $86K SL-500 .... the both convertible AND hardtop - at the push of a VERY-expensive button, covered by the skin of a popular endangered-species du jour.. (er the button, not the top itself). Ergo" Military Control of Space\ufffd is as natural as a MBA's catechism or a flak's fluff.

SO I merely commented upon the neat way in which this latest disinfo dovetails with that equally obvious Military Grail. Just add into the mix, our utter Religious Faith in the exercise of pure Power - over all more subtle human considerations like (persuasion?) ...

and stir.

Otherwise of course: Nothing is changed.

HTH.

Ashton

*FLASH* This just in:

Every day and in every way.. the Russians are believing more and more that, we are a bunch of poop-heads* and will do Anything to keep them screwed up - while smiling a lot.

* poop-head - illustrates the level of actual discourse when Dr. K(issinger - you thought I meant Kevorkian din'cha?) and Dubya get down to Long Term Stradigy: sellin' the mining rights on Ceres, say.. to the Lone Star Drilling Co. and bro Jeb's branch o' the Prescott Bush Legacy.