IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Cool... the problem with this kind of thing is...
when you forget to take it off your resume. A couple jobs back, ~8 years or so, I neglected to scrape RMX and ISIS off the trailing end of my resume. I had hired on as a contractor with flexible duties, and wouldn't you know, every time there was a problem with the legacy RMX stuff, I got to handle it.

There's a lot of stuff that was kinda fun at the time, made you feel shit hot at the time, but you really wouldn't want to have to do it again. For the record, I *HATED* paper tape and Hollorith (sp?) cards.

I threw away the S-100 Z80 machine I built about 10 years ago. Didn't even have a hard drive... imagine...

More recently, I pitched my 8 inch floppies, then the 5 1/4 ones.

I don't really think that the good old days were good enough to go back to. The fine parts are nice to dwell upon, but most of the experience is better forgotten... (picking through core dumps, brain dead monitor programs, editors that made vi look intuitive... the list can be ghastly.) On the other paw, if this is a version of "mine's bigger than yours", on with the games!

Regards,
Hugh
New I can romanticize the era a bit since,
I escaped --> where it was leading (apparently, as we read today's little entry in Microsoft Guilty forum) to merely and permanently:

All Windoze All the Time or, yer a Terrorist and the Home Guard will getcha..

Sorry guy n' gals, but the trend seems to be: any imaginable progress in your field has just about been ceded to - almost any location far enough off-shore. You are all about to retire or become Ballmerized (if not incarcerated too).

Ashton
nostalgia ain't what it used to be..
     stop the violence play starts fights - (boxley) - (24)
         That's the trouble with these bozos who run public schools. - (marlowe) - (23)
             agreed -NT - (boxley)
             All that and a bag of chips! - (orion) - (21)
                 And the school admins will reply to your points: - (Ashton) - (20)
                     Ah, for the old swat-board - (wharris2) - (6)
                         You leaped there, not moi. - (Ashton) - (4)
                             Nice theory, hard to apply - (JayMehaffey) - (3)
                                 Aye, there's the rub. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     I gotcher missing word right 'ere! - (jb4) - (1)
                                         Yup, I'd say we've achieved *lock-in* -NT - (Ashton)
                         Ah, memories - (altmann)
                     Well then, lets see it another way shall we - (nking) - (12)
                         Yer lookin BACK, again.. - (Ashton) - (11)
                             Back to the future. - (marlowe) - (10)
                                 I can de-trump that ______:-\ufffd - (Ashton) - (6)
                                     Oh Yeh? I did assembler on the PDP-1 in 1961! Really. :) - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                         {waves whiteflag} .. OK they had a PDP-5 too, but - - (Ashton) - (1)
                                             I remember... - (static)
                                     I'll see yer PDP-8... - (jb4)
                                     Cool... the problem with this kind of thing is... - (hnick) - (1)
                                         I can romanticize the era a bit since, - (Ashton)
                                 Useless skills - (wharris2) - (2)
                                     Yeah, but can you post here that way? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                         Probably post *something*, if I could find a 300 baud modem -NT - (wharris2)

I didn't think people ate those...
49 ms