IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You leaped there, not moi.
IF expelled: big trouble for mom n'pop.. a workin 24/7 to buy the new UAV and leave little Attila to play with his friends with shaved heads. They DON'T want to have to keep track of Attila during incarceration hours. So: MAKE them be responsible. [Hah..]

Screw beating them into a surliness just like their parents' - just place the correctional training exactly where the Farmily Valuez Coalition for a Homeogenized Murica wants them:

in the fucking homes which breed uncivilized (and by school-time, uncivilizable) unter-Nazis, as often end up as CIEIOS: doing much Larger mischief, endlessly.. (What, you say that these folks can't afford the time to train-up their spawn -- at least one of them -- at $7/hr X2?) Another thread, that.

Beat them - and you just make it permanent. Civilize them, even if you must look that up in the dictionary and then read about twenty books.. which you skipped to take your Consuming-101 class.

My Rx.
New Nice theory, hard to apply
That is certainly a nice theory, and it's the one schools generally try to apply, however badly.

The problem comes in when you begin counting the number of people the bullies hurt while you wait for them to come around. And considering that many never do, just flail around till they get old enough for criminal law to apply, you begin to see a bright side to paddles.

Of course if we do allow schools to physically punish students, the privilage will be abused. Anybody that doesn't think that principles will let their prejudice guide their decision over who gets beaten need to check into a mental ward.

In the end it becomes one of those pick-your-poision choices. Would you rather see students abused by the principle or by the students?

Jay
New Aye, there's the rub.
I didn't imagine my 'solution' was workable, merely an angle on the blame game.

Who DO 'we' blame - for raising a brood of self-obsessed, logo-crazed, often incorrigible asocial twits, even less aware of readin, writin n' rithmetic (let alone history) than their overstressed parents - them Libruls? them Patriots? them ___?

Maybe the only antidote to our present dilemma is (was) - not ever to let it happen.. to this level of dysfunction, anyway.

How soon... before the teachers as are left - begin to leave an untenable situation? Maybe they'd prefer the blatant lying-BS of Corporate over.. the too-large undisciplined class chaos. After all, you must achieve a small success occasionally, to stay with any difficult task.

As a teacher in '02 - how often does that occur?

Ashton
No practical 'solution' in sight, either.
New I gotcher missing word right 'ere!
Who DO 'we' blame - for raising a brood of self-obsessed, logo-crazed, often incorrigible asocial twits, even less aware of readin, writin n' rithmetic (let alone history) than their overstressed parents - them Libruls? them Patriots? them ___?

The word you're looking for here is, I think, opportunist

Them what's bullies are nothing but opportunists, without the maturity/restraint/morality to channel that into something more...enterpreneurial.

And, of course, you're right wne you posit that these types grow up (if that's what really what happens) to become the next generation of CIEIOs. (After all, wanton exploitation is good for the shareholders...)
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New Yup, I'd say we've achieved *lock-in*
     stop the violence play starts fights - (boxley) - (24)
         That's the trouble with these bozos who run public schools. - (marlowe) - (23)
             agreed -NT - (boxley)
             All that and a bag of chips! - (orion) - (21)
                 And the school admins will reply to your points: - (Ashton) - (20)
                     Ah, for the old swat-board - (wharris2) - (6)
                         You leaped there, not moi. - (Ashton) - (4)
                             Nice theory, hard to apply - (JayMehaffey) - (3)
                                 Aye, there's the rub. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                     I gotcher missing word right 'ere! - (jb4) - (1)
                                         Yup, I'd say we've achieved *lock-in* -NT - (Ashton)
                         Ah, memories - (altmann)
                     Well then, lets see it another way shall we - (nking) - (12)
                         Yer lookin BACK, again.. - (Ashton) - (11)
                             Back to the future. - (marlowe) - (10)
                                 I can de-trump that ______:-\ufffd - (Ashton) - (6)
                                     Oh Yeh? I did assembler on the PDP-1 in 1961! Really. :) - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                         {waves whiteflag} .. OK they had a PDP-5 too, but - - (Ashton) - (1)
                                             I remember... - (static)
                                     I'll see yer PDP-8... - (jb4)
                                     Cool... the problem with this kind of thing is... - (hnick) - (1)
                                         I can romanticize the era a bit since, - (Ashton)
                                 Useless skills - (wharris2) - (2)
                                     Yeah, but can you post here that way? -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                         Probably post *something*, if I could find a 300 baud modem -NT - (wharris2)

I could go on Oprah touting his evilness. Write articles. I would be famous. Fat, but famous.
59 ms