And this group of Pollyannaish, history illiterate, "idealists" will act surprised when they aren't able to use rhetoric to deter or negotiate a settled peace with homicidal maniacs.
Because anyone who disagrees with you must be completely ignorant of the undeniable facts on which you base your unassailable conclusion.

Or maybe, we just think you're wrong.

Or (longer form) we think you're wrong and no one suggested a settled peace with homicidal maniacs, but rather stop standing in front of the homicidal maniacs and stop blowing up their neighborhoods and families.

Again, other than Todd, not one mention of the enemies that we created by our "ugly American" mostly Red party foreign policies.
I guess you missed where I wrote (although it's hard to see how, as it was the [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=273064|second post in this thread]):
They were mostly based out of Afghanistan, where we had supplied them for years as proxy warriors against the Soviets. Once the Soviets pulled out, we stopped supplying them, and they turned on us. Surprise! It's not like we haven't seen it before, with every other proxy we stopped supplying.
Yup, just little old history illiterate me, clearly making the point that you say no one (except Todd) had mentioned.