The oppressed are allowed once every few years to decide which particular representatives of the oppressing class are to represent them.
Some of what he says is actually true. The government is controlled by the corporations and by extension those that run them. It's their "contributions" that are the major fuel for the political process. To the degree one side or another was favored with the contributions, some corporations will benefit and some will suffer in the years to come. W will discover there is such a thing as a veto and use it to limit damage to his friends. Also, the Democratic control, while real, is not that strong. The way that the Senate works, Republicans can stop any legislation they care to stop. It may not look pretty, but they can do it. The Democrats can try to pass a collection of reasonable legislation or piss away their control accomplishing nothing but embarrassing the administration (i.e. exposing their idiocies and incompetence) in preparation for '08. I hope they don't waste the next two years that way. But, for a change, the administration will get some Congressional oversight!

I'm with Drew on Iraq. Whether W got us into it to prove his father wrong, or to avenge the assassination attempt on his father, or was duped in trying to make the Middle East safe for Israel, it was a mistake! It had nothing to do with the war on terror against the US. But, given that the US got into Iraq, it was totally mismanaged. Tactics and the maximum force that still ensures failure. That had to change, and change it will. I don't see Iraq being totally abandoned by the US as you do. There will be a lengthy transition. Heck, Iraqis that have the means are abandoning Iraq. Besides, when did you start caring about Arabs? :)

I love a divided government!