IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Don't be so pessimistic.
You're covering a lot of topics, and I can agree with some of your thoughts (like our representatives aren't paid enough). But you're buying too many of the cartoon arguments put forward by too many on the right. I can't think of any responsible Senator or Representative that wants us to lose in Iraq.

I thought there were good reasons for going after Saddam in 2003, as can be seen by checking the Search (e.g. [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/board/search/?field_searchUser=49&field_searchSubject=&field_searchContent=saddam&field_searchSignature=&field_searchForum=-1&field_boardid=1&submit_ok%3Amethod=Search&start=67|generally], or [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=81307|specifically]), but the execution of the occupation can hardly be called anything more positive than incompetent. What makes the screw-ups worse is that the Administration refused to change tactics when it was clear that too few soldiers were on the ground to pacify the country. Something's got to change if we are to have any hope of achieving a reasonable outcome.

We have 2 choices now: 1) Substantially increase force levels to pacify the country; 2) Leave in an orderly fashion, sooner rather than later. Being an occupying force with too little strength to keep the peace does nothing but embolden those who want increased violence. Since there's little sign in Washington of #1 being seriously considered, the default choice is #2. Choice #3 - "Stay the Course" - has been tried for over 3 years now and isn't achieving our goals.

As a child I remember seeing the evening news reports about Viet Nam (as it was spelled in those days) and wondering: Why aren't we winning? How long is this going to go on? Am I going to have to fight there too? I don't think I need to tell you that there are getting to be too many parallels to those days.

Recognizing that #2 is the only choice on the table doesn't mean that it's the same as "denial and tribute and retreat".

If you don't think that #2 is the only choice on the table, what do you propose?

It's hard to say that the Iraq war has been a success when we've achieved 2 of the [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=95855|8 goals Rumsfeld laid out].

How would you feel if Al Gore had been president the last ~6 years and the same things had happened? Would you accept a "stay the course" plan from Albert? Why accept it - and the accompanying rhetoric - from George? Why accept the arguments of a group that you call "criminally inept"?

Watch their deeds, not their rhetoric.

I expect that some things will get done in the next 2 years. But we'll see.

Cheers,
Scott.
New #2
Unless you want to solidify our position as "the Great Satan" for all of eternity in the region. #2 is simply NOT an option. It is expected, though..so we would be making many people's dreams come true...the most notably being some guy named Osama.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New 400k soldiers ripping out everything that goes boom
larger than a 7.65m round and killing anyone who needs it, six months 150K dead by us 4k dead of us and a fighting chance of Iraq making itself a country. 2 is fine with me.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New You may have his genes, but Genghis is (properly) Dead.

New You can't?
I can't think of any responsible Senator or Representative that wants us to lose in Iraq.

Really? You're not asking the right people. [link|http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15488330/page/5/|Just ask Liddy Dole...]

SEN. DOLE: Let me, let me talk about David Fromme, who is one of the people in the article, and his concern about the way it was publicized, the press release. David Fromme\ufffds bottom line is, the war, just as the same\ufffdthe same as in 203--2003, the war was right, we need to win the war and it would be disastrous to lose. That\ufffds his bottom line. That\ufffds, that\ufffds what he\ufffds concerned about. And you know, it\ufffds almost as if the Democrats, you know, it\ufffds like they\ufffdre content with losing because to pull out, to withdraw from this war is losing. No question about it. [Emphasis added]

You're just not asking the right people, Another Scott....
jb4
"When the final history is written in Iraq, [link|http://images.ucomics.com/comics/tmate/2006/tmate060926.gif|it'll look just like a comma.]"
George W. Bush, 24 Sep 06
     Post-election thoughts - (Arkadiy) - (29)
         I'm sad that you believe that - (drewk) - (18)
             You confirm all that I say - (Arkadiy) - (17)
                 so sunni's specifically salafi's from saudi attack us - (boxley)
                 You make me a bit sad... - (rcareaga) - (4)
                     Tough. - (Arkadiy) - (3)
                         Nice. - (CRConrad) - (2)
                             Hey, "love it " is not an option, apparently - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                                 Suffering - (jake123)
                 Re: You confirm all that I say - (JayMehaffey)
                 It's very, very simple. - (pwhysall)
                 I disagree - (Simon_Jester)
                 Even if everything you say were indeed confirmed... - (jb4) - (7)
                     We're refusing to admit we're at war - (Arkadiy) - (6)
                         only one to make peace, 2 can declare a truce at best -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                             Yep, the only one still standing :) :( -NT - (Arkadiy)
                         The only "war" we're at is the "was on drugs" - (jb4) - (3)
                             Don't forget the War on Christmas. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                 Wasn't that won by Wal-Mart? -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
                                 And don't forget the General: - (admin)
         you havnt been here long enough - (boxley)
         Are you forgetting your Karl Marx? :) - (a6l6e6x)
         Don't be so pessimistic. - (Another Scott) - (4)
             #2 - (bepatient) - (2)
                 400k soldiers ripping out everything that goes boom - (boxley) - (1)
                     You may have his genes, but Genghis is (properly) Dead. -NT - (Ashton)
             You can't? - (jb4)
         War? Jeeze - we make all our own enemies - (tuberculosis)
         Well stated. - (danreck) - (1)
             Condescend much? - (drewk)

Your boredness knob must go to 11...
85 ms