WRT war in Iraq: we picked up the right fight. While Hussein did not finance them, Democratic Iraq would be a blow to the Muslims that flew airplanes into our buildings. They hated Hussein for not being Muslim enough - how much more would they hate a real democratic government? And Hussein was ripe for smashing.

I disagree.

Sure, we could destroy Hussein easily enough.

Sure, a democratic Iraq would be just desserts for the Muslims.

But did ANYONE ask the Iraqies if they WANTED a Democracy?

You're no better than Hussein was. The entire concept of Democracy is SELF-RULE. We don't go into a country to "free" them.

Sigh.

Ultimately, we've been fighting yester-years war too. We going in with tanks and planes and enough troops that scream target. "Come hit me, I'm right here."

But does this kill our enemies? We could've responded in Afganistan, with a wall of tanks moving from one side of the country to the other, and I would've supported it.

But the real fight - is the fight no one is going to see. There are no tanks. There are no planes. There are small handguns, knives. Death in the middle of the night.

That's the war we need to fight. By going over there, infiltrating terror cells...and at the right time, killing them one by one.

I don't expect the Democrats to fix that, btw. That's all Executive Branch.