IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Just.. War as an extension of politics, then, eh?
You are actually attempting to rationalize BushCo! {sheesh} Probably an exercise in futility, but:

Ponder war waged by economic means for many decades, as well as militarily. I expect next that you shall characterize US history re its neighbors (and the various smaller countries elsewhere, whom we have 'touched') - as reflecting some bizarre idea of a Meritocracy, too? - ie.

As ~with Redmond say, it's OK to become a Hegemon? - if you "earn" it via guile, cynical deception; through pandering to troglodytes/dictators -- for the sole sake of a temporary commercial advantage! (Screw the inhabitants, whose bondage your oil or other 'trade'-treaty reinforces. Screw also your own sanctimoniously self-proclaimed 'Principles'. cha cha cha)

But. When you lie with Machiavelli - you lose your "moral" suasion; then, when you hurl adolescent calumnies like Evil Empire (and object to others' similar characterization of your own self-serving policies?) of now, ~ a century? - say Manila Bay, then Hawaii, Puerto Rico, et al -

Why.. *that's* how you arrive at the obloquy it has taken this Radical ex-Trotskyite cabal to garner. 'Republicans'? 'Conservatives'? Hah: Box has them nailed close-enough; these are beyond mere local (turn-back-clock) Reactionaries - they be like some of your older Radical former-countrymen. No ice-pick this time.. yet.

In a mere 6 years - 5 years since the universal sympathies extended us, via the 9/11 attack - the US cabal has managed to reverse! that-All. (And a UK PM has committed public seppuku for his own seduction by these Liars - how's That for evidence of the trend?)

*We* are now 'The Evil Empire' to hundreds of millions; daily increasing, by all accounts. Wanna place your bets on *when* the currently accelerating drum-beat from the Neoconmen of the PNAC: commences WW-III in Iran? (though we may? still have a thin chance of saying / and Meaning-this-time: NO! If 'we' is more than a vestigial icon, at this late date, and after the sloth/sleep of many of our millions.)

Another crap-shoot, 'Iran'. Who knows the depth of ennui within collective jelloware of consumers.
(Side bet: guess the probability of a nuclear {euphemism-alert} "bunker buster" next, raising the outrage level to: Irreversible worldwide consensus. On our censure. And who knows - on what else.)

I think you've drunk the Koolaid, apparently with gusto. IMO GWBush Co. shall prove to have been as poisonous for 'America' (The Dream\ufffd) as anyone since John Wilkes Boothe (because hardly anyone will say, of Lincoln's assassination: "that was a Good thing.")

I seem to have lived through local history you've adsorbed only from comic books from the American Legion. You have No Idea what 'Americans' abided, pewling and cowering, while turning-in each other - during the McCarthy hysteria.

I may have been a kid, but I was an alert kid and I Saw That-all. I recognize that same cowering today - nascent. We'll see how abject The propaganda-orchestrated Fear becomes - real soon now, I wot.

Guess I'll see ya from the barricades (rather than 'on' the barricades.)

Oh well.

New All I was saying,
Bush addressed "axis of evil" to countries with wich we were, to various degree, at war already. We don't expect any mercy from Axis of Evil, from Iran or North Korea (don't know about you, I certainly don't). Should Venezuela now expect no mercy from us?

------

179. I will not outsource core functions.
--
[link|http://omega.med.yale.edu/~pcy5/misc/overlord2.htm|.]

New No mercy, but plenty of cash
Venezuela is the 5th largest supplier of oil to the USA. We need them just as much as they need us.

Interestingly, on my commute home tonight I heard that 7-11 is breaking off from Citgo as their supplier of gas, due to Chavez's recent UN speech. This is actually good for Venezuela because the announcer said that they were having problems supplying enough gas to meet 7-11's needs, but will still find other US outlets.
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New They were already planning it
According to the report I heard, they've been planning for a year to offer "7-11 brand" gas. They're just taking the opportunity to make some waves with the press release.
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
     The Exorcist - (rcareaga) - (31)
         We all know Shrub is the Anti-Christ. - (imqwerky)
         This kind of talk used to cause wars - (Arkadiy) - (26)
             You really don't understand - (jake123) - (1)
                 And you don't understand - (Arkadiy)
             Let me make sure I understand you correctly - (rcareaga) - (9)
                 Yes you did understand me correctly - (Arkadiy) - (8)
                     The US is going to lose its influence in SA - (jake123)
                     No, actually I didn't - (rcareaga) - (5)
                         I guess you did not... - (Arkadiy) - (4)
                             Your point was... - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                 It is unforgivable to speak truth in diplomacy - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                                     Then I can't forgive you for not pretending - (rcareaga)
                                     Chavez has nothing to worry about from the US. - (Another Scott)
                     Scratching head.... - (Simon_Jester)
             And backing coup attempts isn't? - (inthane-chan) - (5)
                 Coup attempts... moi?? - (Ashton)
                 Well, Mr. Chavez would be very happy to - (Arkadiy) - (3)
                     Oh, I don't know - (jake123) - (2)
                         Re: Oh, I don't know - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                             Now, I know you're kidding. - (mmoffitt)
             Ah, you mean talk like... 'Axis of Evil' / 'Evil Empire' - (Ashton) - (7)
                 that is the correct function call - (boxley) - (1)
                     Salon puts the matter into a bit more detail - (Ashton)
                 Axis of Evil... - (Arkadiy) - (4)
                     Just.. War as an extension of politics, then, eh? - (Ashton) - (3)
                         All I was saying, - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                             No mercy, but plenty of cash - (lincoln) - (1)
                                 They were already planning it - (drewk)
         Just curious, how much time did you spend to get the second - (boxley) - (1)
             half a minute, tops - (rcareaga)
         IreadLRPD (new thread) - (lincoln)

One, two, three, four.
64 ms