IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And backing coup attempts isn't?
Thank God for that, since otherwise we'd be at war with Venezuela right now.
Odoru aho ni miru aho!
Onaji aho nara odoranya son son!
New Coup attempts... moi??
Why next..

You'll be suggesting that moi had something to do with the death of Salvador Allende! or say.. spraying Columbia with Agent Orange? to drive up the price of nose candy for all those Boomer-types as can afford whatever. Or Nicaragua or - - {sheesh} tryin ta poison. papa. Fidel??

Absurd! rumours spread by commie pinko homosexuals - -

WDYHASM?

New Well, Mr. Chavez would be very happy to
finance a coup or two here. But so far, the best he can do is to call Bush "Devil" and Condoleeza Rice "a monkey" (if I recall correctly). The difference is in capabilities, not in intentions.

------

179. I will not outsource core functions.
--
[link|http://omega.med.yale.edu/~pcy5/misc/overlord2.htm|.]

New Oh, I don't know
Venezuela is not a poor country. Don't forget, they are one of the world's major exporters of oil. He can afford to do it, esp. in his immediate neighbourhood, but hasn't done it.

The US, otoh, has, and not just in Venezuela. How about that?

Are you so sure that he would be happy to do that? After all, it's not like most of the continent's population don't agree with him in general... as has been evidenced by recent election results down there. Why would he want to finance coups? You think he has designs on his neighbours? The best guide to that sort of thing is history, and the history of the US in Central and South America has been a sordid one for a very long time. Chavez' history has not been.

Unless you count tweaking the nose of someone who has admitted recently to egregious violations of the Geneva Conventions (prisoners held incommunicado for years, for example) as sordid. Some people would not agree with you.

You really really don't realise the extent to which the current government has dragged the US' reputation through the mud in the last five years in the eyes of most of the rest of the world, do you? You know, right after 9/11, everybody was with the US... and now almost nobody trusts it; those that don't view the US with distaste view it with fear, and recent actions have not done anything to make people feel better about how the US is behaving.

The sad thing is that you can't say they're wrong to do so.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New Re: Oh, I don't know
Venezuela is not a poor country. Don't forget, they are one of the world's major exporters of oil. He can afford to do it, esp. in his immediate neighbourhood, but hasn't done it.

You mean, it should not be a poor country. As it is, it's #79 in the world in GDP per capita, as of 2002. Behind Khzakhstan and Colombia. Not that it prevents Chavez from throwing money around.

The US, otoh, has, and not just in Venezuela. How about that?

Chavez also has, in Venezuela. He is a failed [link|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venezuelan_coup_attempts_of_1992|putchist] himself.

Are you so sure that he would be happy to do that? After all, it's not like most of the continent's population don't agree with him in general... as has been evidenced by recent election results down there. Why would he want to finance coups? You think he has designs on his neighbours? The best guide to that sort of thing is history, and the history of the US in Central and South America has been a sordid one for a very long time. Chavez' history has not been.

I meant, he'd be happy to foment a coup in US. Not that he can. As to his history, I already metioned some. More is to come. The history is happening now, you know.

Unless you count tweaking the nose of someone who has admitted recently to egregious violations of the Geneva Conventions (prisoners held incommunicado for years, for example) as sordid. Some people would not agree with you.

Tweaking the nose is fine. But not at this level. At this level, things are taken rather literally. If someone comes over to _you_ and tweaks your nose, literally, what is your first impulse? The United States never acts on impulse, thankfully.

You really really don't realise the extent to which the current government has dragged the US' reputation through the mud in the last five years in the eyes of most of the rest of the world, do you? You know, right after 9/11, everybody was with the US... and now almost nobody trusts it; those that don't view the US with distaste view it with fear, and recent actions have not done anything to make people feel better about how the US is behaving.

Diplomacy? Rules? Civility? Anyone? Does anyone, at all, understand the difference between NYTimes and UN? Can you imagine a speech like that from Chirac? Putin? Do you think they like US any more than Cavez?

The sad thing is that you can't say they're wrong to do so.

True enough. But irrelevant.

------

179. I will not outsource core functions.
--
[link|http://omega.med.yale.edu/~pcy5/misc/overlord2.htm|.]

New Now, I know you're kidding.
The United States never acts on impulse, thankfully.

Been following any of the Gestapo's DHS/TSA's activities of late?
bcnu,
Mikem

It would seem, therefore, that the three human impulses embodied in religion are fear, conceit, and hatred. The purpose of religion, one might say, is to give an air of respectibility to these passions. -- Bertrand Russell
     The Exorcist - (rcareaga) - (31)
         We all know Shrub is the Anti-Christ. - (imqwerky)
         This kind of talk used to cause wars - (Arkadiy) - (26)
             You really don't understand - (jake123) - (1)
                 And you don't understand - (Arkadiy)
             Let me make sure I understand you correctly - (rcareaga) - (9)
                 Yes you did understand me correctly - (Arkadiy) - (8)
                     The US is going to lose its influence in SA - (jake123)
                     No, actually I didn't - (rcareaga) - (5)
                         I guess you did not... - (Arkadiy) - (4)
                             Your point was... - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                 It is unforgivable to speak truth in diplomacy - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                                     Then I can't forgive you for not pretending - (rcareaga)
                                     Chavez has nothing to worry about from the US. - (Another Scott)
                     Scratching head.... - (Simon_Jester)
             And backing coup attempts isn't? - (inthane-chan) - (5)
                 Coup attempts... moi?? - (Ashton)
                 Well, Mr. Chavez would be very happy to - (Arkadiy) - (3)
                     Oh, I don't know - (jake123) - (2)
                         Re: Oh, I don't know - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                             Now, I know you're kidding. - (mmoffitt)
             Ah, you mean talk like... 'Axis of Evil' / 'Evil Empire' - (Ashton) - (7)
                 that is the correct function call - (boxley) - (1)
                     Salon puts the matter into a bit more detail - (Ashton)
                 Axis of Evil... - (Arkadiy) - (4)
                     Just.. War as an extension of politics, then, eh? - (Ashton) - (3)
                         All I was saying, - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                             No mercy, but plenty of cash - (lincoln) - (1)
                                 They were already planning it - (drewk)
         Just curious, how much time did you spend to get the second - (boxley) - (1)
             half a minute, tops - (rcareaga)
         IreadLRPD (new thread) - (lincoln)

PUBLIC NOTICE AS REQUIRED BY LAW: Any use of this Web page, in any manner whatsoever, will increase the amount of disorder in the universe. Although no liability is implied herein, the consumer is warned that this process will ultimately lead to the heat death of the universe.
71 ms