I'm talking about the fact that the rescue efforts post failure seem to be so badly badly organised... and that seems to be related to the fact that the usual coordinating agency (FEMA) has largely been gutted of its mandate, funding, and people by the current US administration.

Edit: I gotta stop being so fast on that button.

Anyway, the levees failing leaves plenty of blame to go around... and it's not particularly any better up here. It's like that guy from Holland said "over there they designed to defend against the 100 year event, but we've designed for the 10,000 year event" when he was speaking about their dike system vs. the one around New Orleans. It's a problem of vision, and it seems pretty widespread to NA... but the problem I'm talking about is specific to the aftermath and how well it's been organised. To be honest, and having seen both the CBC and the BBC version as well as the CNN version, to the outsider it looks like the poor people of the Gulf Coast and (even moreso) of New Orleans were left to literally twist in the wind.