IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Oh *absolutely* gibber the Norse longboat terminology at us
===

Purveyor of Doc Hope's [link|http://DocHope.com|fresh-baked dog biscuits and pet treats].
[link|http://DocHope.com|http://DocHope.com]
New ICLFRPD (new thread)
Created as new thread #210217 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=210217|ICLFRPD]

Peter
[link|http://www.ubuntulinux.org|Ubuntu Linux]
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
[link|http://guildenstern.dyndns.org|Home]
Use P2P for legitimate purposes!
New Uh, that would be Larboard/Starboard, Lubber Boy

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis June 7, 2005, 01:56:00 PM EDT
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:13:18 AM EDT
New nope havn/styrbord larboard is the same
All tribal myths are true, for a given value of "true" Terry Pratchett
[link|http://boxleys.blogspot.com/|http://boxleys.blogspot.com/]

Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 49 years. meep
questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]
New Not so
[link|http://www.bargain-resource.com/NT1.htm|http://www.bargain-resource.com/NT1.htm]

Larboard
The left, or port, side of any craft when facing the bow. Perhaps derived from the 13th century English word laddebord, or loading side; some suggest it goes all the way back to the Norse word hlada bord of the same meaning.

Note that the loading/larboard side is now called the "port" side. Good rule since its bloody hard to tell the difference between "Larboard" and "Starboard" when shouting through the wind.

Starboard
The right side of any craft when facing the bow. Before the advent of the stern rudder, vessels had their steering oars on the right, or steering board, or starboard side.

I'm pretty sure my spelling of these terms is all to hell since they are mostly phonetic spellings of what were generally oral terms (example - Forecastle is also known/spelled/pronounce "Foc'sle" - seen it spelled lots of ways but its still that area in the bow under the deck where the crew bunks).

"Whenever you find you are on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect"   --Mark Twain

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."   --Albert Einstein

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."   --George W. Bush
Expand Edited by tuberculosis Aug. 21, 2007, 06:13:39 AM EDT
     Can I trust this? - (ben_tilly) - (165)
         Dunno, but seems pretty low. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             No trade-in - (ben_tilly)
         No - (broomberg) - (1)
             Thought not :-) - (ben_tilly)
         Can you get a written quote? - (pwhysall) - (2)
             It is here as well...but there are ways around that... -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                 Troof. These are CAR DEALERS we're talking about, after all. -NT - (pwhysall)
         Maybe - - (Ashton) - (8)
             Am I being too picky? - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                 That depends. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                     Right. I just hate spending money. - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                         Re: Right. I just hate spending money. - (Ashton)
                 Don't do it - (broomberg) - (2)
                     Good points - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                         Just be a reasonable alternative - (broomberg)
                 Don't choose between sizes based on price. - (Another Scott)
         If you are paying cash - (boxley) - (5)
             Re: "tell them that you are comparing" - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                 I didnt even look at GM even tho I get the discount - (boxley) - (1)
                     Better than Fords - (tuberculosis)
                 There is a *reason* that GM is desperate - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     No argument there. Last one I owned was a 1980 Citation. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Was price quoted on one of the demo models? - (jbrabeck) - (1)
             Will check on that - (ben_tilly)
         now have you looked at khia's more car less price - (boxley) - (17)
             Re: now have you looked at khia's more car less price - (Yendor)
             Kia, not Khia - (broomberg) - (7)
                 What, you never heard of a Garmann Khia? :) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
                     well I meant the Korean not the Carmen:-) -NT - (boxley)
                     No, but I have heard of a VW Karmen-Ghia. -NT - (folkert) - (4)
                         No you haven't; Alex had it right. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                             My favorite Picker of Nits! -NT - (folkert) - (1)
                                 Bah, I bet you say that to *all* the girls! - (CRConrad)
                             That's a Bingo! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             That's the life span of an American car - (tuberculosis)
             No, and quality matters - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                 Re: No, and quality matters - (dws) - (1)
                     On Hyundai... - (pwhysall)
                 they wouldnt offer such a warranty if they expected expensiv - (boxley) - (3)
                     Actually, no - (broomberg)
                     Point - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                         didnt know about the milage, mind changed -NT - (boxley)
         Probably add local delivery, taxes and tags. - (bepatient) - (71)
             And it will never, ever break. - (pwhysall) - (70)
                 Depends. - (Another Scott) - (66)
                     Re: Depends. - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Werd. - (pwhysall)
                     Sure it's a wheel bearing? - (Steve Lowe) - (63)
                         Seconded.. though usually.. those 'click' not whine (?) - (Ashton) - (60)
                             Most interesting... - (pwhysall) - (59)
                                 Can't you weird Brit-peeples say "left" and "right"? - (CRConrad) - (58)
                                     Dear CRC - (pwhysall) - (51)
                                         I bet he has a really clean house! -NT - (bionerd) - (50)
                                             Oh, bullcrap. So, silly vego-person, can *you*... - (CRConrad) - (49)
                                                 You need to turn up your humor detector. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                 Stop being a knobhead, CRC. - (pwhysall) - (37)
                                                     He's not he is being CRC so leave him be -NT - (boxley)
                                                     You first, PeeWee. - (CRConrad) - (35)
                                                         Oh, give it a rest, ffs. - (pwhysall) - (34)
                                                             Any time. - (CRConrad) - (11)
                                                                 Re: Any time. - (pwhysall) - (9)
                                                                     AKA "I don't have any real answer". OK, noted. -NT - (CRConrad) - (6)
                                                                         Yellow flag thrown! - (bepatient) - (5)
                                                                             Bonus points awarded - (rcareaga) - (2)
                                                                                 Having at WHOM? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                                                     I stand corrected - (rcareaga)
                                                                             Oh, and by the way ... - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                                 ICLRPD (new thread) - (boxley)
                                                                     No, no, no. - (admin) - (1)
                                                                         ROFL! - (folkert)
                                                                 And there we are. - (mmoffitt)
                                                             Normal usage? Not here. - (ben_tilly) - (21)
                                                                 ICLRPD (new thread) - (CRConrad)
                                                                 So I guess... - (admin) - (19)
                                                                     Furlongs -NT - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                         no. - (pwhysall)
                                                                     You're risking a barrage of Norse longboat vituperation. ;) - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                         Keeps the LRPDs coming, dunnit? -NT - (admin)
                                                                     thats knot a good measurement -NT - (boxley)
                                                                     Um, actually, I think that your guess was backwards - (ben_tilly) - (13)
                                                                         I had it backwards, actually. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                                             what no fenders or wheel wells hood or trunk? -NT - (boxley)
                                                                         Confused? No. - (admin) - (10)
                                                                             Kind of invalidates your parallel, doesn't it though? - (CRConrad) - (9)
                                                                                 It's called "hyperbole". HTH! -NT - (admin) - (8)
                                                                                     OK, that's another word for it. Thanks! - (CRConrad) - (7)
                                                                                         Whatever gets you through the day. - (admin) - (6)
                                                                                             I think you're forgetting the most salient detail here... - (CRConrad) - (5)
                                                                                                 Ha, nice try. - (admin) - (4)
                                                                                                     Not even a "nice try" from you, though. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                                                                         Sorry, not my conversation, yours. -NT - (admin) - (2)
                                                                                                             Ha ha, very funny. But, hey, if you're granting... - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                                                                                 No, you mistake my meaning. - (admin)
                                                 Yeah, actually I did understand what Peter was talking about - (bionerd) - (9)
                                                     ... - (admin)
                                                     You keep coming back to that. - (pwhysall)
                                                     Errrrmh, <cough>... ummm - (folkert)
                                                     Oh, you're all just basking in your cleverness, arent you? -NT - (bionerd) - (4)
                                                         They're sure basking in something! - (Nightowl)
                                                         Had I seen it in time, I too would have been sorely tempted. -NT - (CRConrad)
                                                         poor fellas cant tell the difference between an adjective - (boxley) - (1)
                                                             If you've got... - (pwhysall)
                                                     OK,w/ that admission you can to call me (or NE1) one too! :) -NT - (CRConrad)
                                     Oh *absolutely* gibber the Norse longboat terminology at us -NT - (drewk) - (4)
                                         ICLFRPD (new thread) - (pwhysall)
                                         Uh, that would be Larboard/Starboard, Lubber Boy -NT - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                                             nope havn/styrbord larboard is the same -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                 Not so - (tuberculosis)
                                     Doubly so when they drive on the wrong side of the road -NT - (ben_tilly)
                         It seems like a wheel bearing. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             The wheel bearing's fine. Needs a rear McPherson strut. (new thread) - (Another Scott)
                 Consumer Reports likes them - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                     Re: Consumer Reports likes them - (lincoln) - (1)
                         Means it is even better than advertised. :-) -NT - (ben_tilly)
         Internet/Fleet sales is the way to go - (tonytib) - (6)
             that's how I bought my '96 Nissan Altima - (cforde) - (2)
                 '96 Nissan Altima - (Ashton) - (1)
                     ICLRPD (new thread) - (Steve Lowe)
             Over here, one avoids ex-fleet cars like t'plague. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 Please read more carefully - (tonytib) - (1)
                     Over here... - (pwhysall)
         Some things I saw. - (static)
         It looks like I can trust it (is LoJack worthwhile?) - (ben_tilly) - (34)
             Yes. Do you know what it is/does? -NT - (folkert) - (1)
                 I know what it is/does - (ben_tilly)
             Do you know of anyone out there that's had a car stolen? - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 This *IS* Los Angeles - (ben_tilly)
                 It does happen. - (admin) - (1)
                     Had my new '87 'stang stolen... - (folkert)
             Take it - (broomberg) - (2)
                 I believe there is no sticker with LoJack - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     If professional thieves get it, it won't matter -NT - (drewk)
             I *would* have said yes, but look at the insurance company - (drewk) - (1)
                 Yabut, there is a twist - (ben_tilly)
             Aren't taxes computed on the before rebate price? -NT - (lincoln) - (1)
                 Yes. -NT - (ben_tilly)
             If the insurance company thinks so, they'll pay for it - (tuberculosis) - (20)
                 How odd all this is. - (pwhysall) - (19)
                     if the car starts by inserting a key into a tumbler - (boxley) - (15)
                         Slide hammer is faster than a drill. -NT - (hnick)
                         Pair of scissors - (rcareaga)
                         OK. You're in. Now start it. - (pwhysall)
                         Don't work for modern anti-theft ignition killers. - (static) - (11)
                             That's certainly the case for my car. -NT - (pwhysall)
                             cant press the valet button? - (boxley) - (9)
                                 "Valet button"? - (pwhysall) - (7)
                                     what is an immobilizer - (boxley) - (6)
                                         Never heard of that. - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                             how is it connected to an immobilizer? a wire? -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                                                 Indeed. - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                                     and the laguage they speak is called voltage - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         Right. - (pwhysall)
                                                     is this the widget in question? (new thread) - (boxley)
                                 Don't have one of those. - (static)
                     Arse 1! -NT - (pwhysall)
                     Arse 2! -NT - (pwhysall)
                     Falling Car Crime In The UK & The Great Insurance Ripoff (new thread) - (pwhysall)
         Purchased - (ben_tilly) - (7)
             Congrats! -NT - (Another Scott)
             car dealers never lose :-) - (boxley) - (2)
                 He lost according to Toyota's figures - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                     Re: He lost according to Toyota's figures - (dws)
             suggestion.. - (cforde) - (2)
                 I'll definitely think about that - (ben_tilly)
                 ICLRPD (new thread) - (ben_tilly)

No! Try not! Do or do not, there is no try.
171 ms