IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Found The link for it
They are creating a Rosie the Riveter/World War II Home Front National Historical Park as a tribute to them. Here's the link.

[link|http://www.rosietheriveter.org/|http://www.rosietheriveter.org/]

They are asking for people to send in stories, etc. and add suggestions about what to do with the park. :)

Nightowl >8#

"It is understanding that gives us an ability to have peace. When we understand the other fellow's viewpoint, and he understands ours, then we can sit down and work out our differences." Harry S. Truman

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." Timothy Bentley
New Good sleuthing, Owlet!
And Richmond is just a stoned throw across The Bay.

Alas, I doubt that my aunt wrote much of her experiences (though she was a teacher and wrote well). I'd add her to the list, but cannot recreate the stories with any accuracy, and there is enough BS 24/7 already, so I won't fake it - that side of the family was unlikely to have thought of anything like an "oral history" from this magnificent gal of yore. (I have no excuse, either)

It's an appropriate locale, too - not far from Mare Island (the famous throwaway Victory ships designed by Henry J. Kaiser) - he of Kaiser Permanente, the first HMO -- before that idea became a Enron-style profit-center for suits / middle-men / drones.

Odd to think this is the first?? monument to Rosie in the whole fscking USA! THAT's how much these events have been sublimated since.. by the male movers/shakers, movin and shakin in them boots.

Thanks,

Ashton
New You're welcome. :)
After she was being discussed in here some, I figured people might like the link. Besides, you can always make suggestions or ask your family what they might like to see there.

And I don't know if you can send photos or just her name to be added to the list, but you can check out the link and see. :)

Nightowl >8#

"It is understanding that gives us an ability to have peace. When we understand the other fellow's viewpoint, and he understands ours, then we can sit down and work out our differences." Harry S. Truman

"Whenever you're in conflict with someone, there is one factor that can make the difference between damaging your relationship and deepening it. That factor is attitude." Timothy Bentley
     One Feminist's Scribing - (deSitter) - (41)
         I'd respond in detail - (ben_tilly) - (34)
             Re: I'd respond in detail - (deSitter) - (33)
                 Heh.. - (hnick) - (4)
                     Re: Heh.. - (deSitter)
                     Common problem - (JayMehaffey) - (2)
                         Re: Common problem - (deSitter) - (1)
                             Basic problem: Your "definition" is the (Repo-)Newspeak one. -NT - (CRConrad)
                 I'll have to get back to you... - (ben_tilly)
                 Um... - (slugbug) - (26)
                     Re: Um... - (deSitter) - (25)
                         Yeah, former monarchs have always had problems . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                         Do not blame the feminists - (orion) - (5)
                             Not bad, Norman - (Ashton) - (4)
                                 Speaking of Rosie... - (Nightowl) - (3)
                                     Found The link for it - (Nightowl) - (2)
                                         Good sleuthing, Owlet! - (Ashton) - (1)
                                             You're welcome. :) - (Nightowl)
                         Translation: - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                             Re: Translation: - (deSitter) - (6)
                                 I'm going to assume it's the pain and/or drugs - (hnick) - (4)
                                     Re: I'm going to assume it's the pain and/or drugs - (deSitter) - (3)
                                         And I suggest - (hnick) - (1)
                                             Re: And I suggest - (deSitter)
                                         Oh, it fell apart long ago. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
                                 We aren't in a court - (ben_tilly)
                         DRL, reasonable response to your question.... - (slugbug) - (9)
                             Re: DRL, reasonable response to your question.... - (deSitter) - (8)
                                 Quotes of canonical American feminists - (deSitter) - (1)
                                     All those quotes . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                 DRL, further analysis needed on your part (a tad long) - (slugbug) - (5)
                                     Re: DRL, further analysis needed on your part (a tad long) - (deSitter) - (4)
                                         You're making it more complicated than it is really.... - (slugbug) - (1)
                                             Re: You're making it more complicated than it is really.... - (deSitter)
                                         Ross, you're talking out of your arse again. - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                             OK CRC. You got it. -NT - (deSitter)
         Your insecurity is showing again. -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
             In what way? - (deSitter)
         You know what - (orion) - (3)
             Re: You know what - (deSitter) - (2)
                 Anf finally, 5: I notice you didn't answer the question. -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                     Don't worry - (orion)

The telltale breath with sen-sen.
68 ms