IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Except for one little detail
You might have a claim but for the fact that the article reports this is not a reinterpretation done by the reporter. The reporting is that the FBI says this is their best guess as to what happened. Reporter; reporting. If there is any spin here it is from the FBI, not the news reports reporting on it.

(Did I get all the forms of "report" in?)

/pedant
-----------------------------------------
[link|http://www.talion.com/questionw.html|?W]
Where were you in 72?
New Right...he "reports"..
...a best guess...and continues to "report" that others doubt the FBI account...but the >title< was definitive.

Spin.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Reporters don't write headlines
Editorial staff do. If you're talking about the headline, look at the administration of the newspaper, not the reporter.

Reporters can't write headlines because it's all dependent on how many inches of column are available for the headline.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New Shush - he's on a roll
why mess it up with facts?
New Does it matter?
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

New Does anything?
New Why I object to the use of the word "spin"
And not only in this case. Spin has a connotative association of a sort of shady reinterpratation.

Like this-
"Even though we meant what we said when we said it, what you are supposed to understand is this is what we meant/mean now because what we said before is inconvenient/embarassing/illegal/etc."

That is the aspect of using the term "spin" that bothers me. There are other pejorative terms to use, this one is not accurate.
Where were you in 72?
New Ok...I can accept that.

New Pedants R Us.
I'd rather argue with you over positions, not definitions.

Aside; I think you are my favorite adversary in these discussions.
Where were you in 72?
New Alright...cut it out.
Being nice to me will get you nowhere :-)

New No need to get all sappy.
Just throw his arse into the pool next year.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Shh....
Now he'll be expecting it...

He's probably got some old-man-fu up his sleeve like the boxster.

Terror monkeyen crashed "Let's Roll" plane - (deSitter) - (25)
         That seems to be the spin... - (bepatient) - (22)
             Amen. -NT - (inthane-chan)
             Spin? - (Silverlock) - (20)
                 Re: Spin? - (Nightowl)
                 Title of article versus actual content. - (bepatient) - (18)
                     Ah, I see - (Silverlock) - (17)
                         Spin is also done by the press... - (bepatient) - (16)
                             Re: Spin is also done by the press... - (Nightowl)
                             I don't accept that - (Silverlock) - (13)
                                 Super... - (bepatient) - (12)
                                     Except for one little detail - (Silverlock) - (11)
                                         Right...he "reports".. - (bepatient) - (10)
                                             Reporters don't write headlines - (jake123) - (3)
                                                 Shush - he's on a roll - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                                     Does it matter? -NT - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                         Does anything? -NT - (Ashton)
                                             Why I object to the use of the word "spin" - (Silverlock) - (5)
                                                 Ok...I can accept that. -NT - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                     Pedants R Us. - (Silverlock) - (3)
                                                         Alright...cut it out. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                             No need to get all sappy. - (admin) - (1)
                                                                 Shh.... - (bepatient)
                             Remember that the reporters don't write the headlines... - (Another Scott)
         Doesn't matter - (qstephens) - (1)
             Re: Doesn't matter - (deSitter)

That game with the fifteen numbered balls is the devil's tool!
449 ms