Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New OK
My bad. I should have read closer.
-----------------------------------------
[link|http://www.talion.com/questionw.html|?W]
Where were you in 72?
New Nice followup by the Washington Post....
But a review of speeches and reports, plus interviews with present and former administration officials and intelligence analysts, suggests that between Oct. 7, when President Bush made a speech laying out the case for military action against Hussein, and Jan. 28, when he gave his State of the Union address, almost all the other evidence had either been undercut or disproved by U.N. inspectors in Iraq.

By Jan. 28, in fact, the intelligence report concerning Iraqi attempts to buy uranium from Africa -- although now almost entirely disproved -- was the only publicly unchallenged element of the administration's case that Iraq had restarted its nuclear program. That may explain why the administration strived to keep the information in the speech and attribute it to the British, even though the CIA had challenged it earlier.

[link|http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A61622-2003Jul15.html?nav=hptop_tb| Washington Post ]

Notice how all the hyperbole regarding the French has died down as well?
New Re: the French
Kind of hard to continually insult an ally and expect them to respond favorably to a request for armed support.
-----------------------------------------
[link|http://www.talion.com/questionw.html|?W]
Where were you in 72?
New Not 'hard' if you think like a Neoconman... :(
     So what's the evidence for Bush lying - (johnu) - (49)
         Couple - (jbrabeck)
         Shrub and Condiment Blame CIA - (deSitter) - (2)
             This is the 2nd time that Bush has done something weird.... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                 Cleared != verified - (mhuber)
         Here's why there cannot ever be any 'evidence': - (Ashton)
         the evidence for Bush lying - (tangaroa) - (1)
             Missed one - (tangaroa)
         You need to look for evidence? - (ben_tilly)
         Not what I'm looking for - (johnu) - (36)
             Of course it isn't what you are looking for - (ben_tilly) - (35)
                 Just can't redefine lying that way - (johnu) - (34)
                     Re: Just can't redefine lying that way - (deSitter) - (2)
                         It escalates - (deSitter)
                         That bugs me. - (mmoffitt)
                     Who is redefining lying? - (ben_tilly) - (29)
                         Mean.. next you'll remind us of his campaign promise of - (Ashton) - (23)
                             Re: Mean.. next you'll remind us of his campaign promise of - (johnu) - (22)
                                 Define the promise - (jbrabeck)
                                 You would show lack of integrity at least in that scenario - (ben_tilly) - (20)
                                     Re: You would show lack of integrity... - (johnu) - (19)
                                         Intent to deceive? - (Silverlock) - (13)
                                             Intent to deceive - ability to lie without lying... - (Simon_Jester) - (8)
                                                 I'm confused - (Silverlock) - (6)
                                                     In a milieu shouting, Ignorance is Truth!__War is Peace! - (Ashton)
                                                     I'm sorry - I was agreeing with you... - (Simon_Jester) - (4)
                                                         OK - (Silverlock) - (3)
                                                             Nice followup by the Washington Post.... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                                                 Re: the French - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                                     Not 'hard' if you think like a Neoconman... :( -NT - (Ashton)
                                                 Should point out - (jake123)
                                             That explains a lot - (johnu) - (3)
                                                 Ignore the inconvenient - (Silverlock) - (2)
                                                     I think johnu == krove. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                         Wrong - (Ashton)
                                         Mighty fine gradations of dishonesty there... - (ben_tilly)
                                         Considering the time difference - (jake123) - (3)
                                             Re: Considering the time difference - (deSitter) - (2)
                                                 I don't know if your - (jake123) - (1)
                                                     Thou sayest: exactly so. -NT - (Ashton)
                         Note: - (jake123) - (4)
                             State of the Union - (Silverlock) - (3)
                                 Looks to me like SotU is certainly being - (jake123) - (2)
                                     EEuuww. - (Silverlock)
                                     Re: "Imperial Amreica" - (jb4)
                     Speaking of redefining lying - (tangaroa)
         And you flamed Clinton over the meaning of "is"? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             Brevity Award over Ashcroftian-pallid breast-skin background -NT - (Ashton)
         johnu: The Literal Mind\ufffd___inaction -NT - (Ashton)
         warning old joke in message - (andread)

Last minute panic is my Muse.
64 ms