IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Shrub and Condiment Blame CIA
[link|http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/11/international/worldspecial/11CND-WEAPONS.html?hp|http://www.nytimes.c...D-WEAPONS.html?hp]
-drl
New This is the 2nd time that Bush has done something weird....

``I gave a speech that was cleared by the intelligence services,'' the president said. ``It was a speech that detailed to the American people the dangers posed by the Saddam Hussein regime. And my government took the appropriate response to those dangers.''

Mr. Bush made his comments not long after his national security adviser, Condoleezza Rice, said that the Central Intelligence Agency had ``cleared the speech in his entirety.'
[link|http://www.nytimes.com/2003/07/11/international/worldspecial/11CND-WEAPONS.html?hp| NY Times ]

Okay...I'm not a President and I don't know how their offices work. And maybe it's just the language thing to me....but Why is the CIA "CLEARING" the speech?

The speech shouldn't need CLEARING...it ought to be derived from the CIA intelligence (that is why they're there isn't it?)

You'd only say that the CIA cleared something if you put it in the speech and then had to ask the CIA if it was okay.

(It reminds he of Bush's comments that we didn't know they were going to fly planes into building. It was okay to hijack planes as long as they didn't fly them into building?)
New Cleared != verified
I assume the CIA didn't care if he was lying, as long as he didn't give away any secrets.

----
Sometime you the windshield, sometime you the bug...
     So what's the evidence for Bush lying - (johnu) - (49)
         Couple - (jbrabeck)
         Shrub and Condiment Blame CIA - (deSitter) - (2)
             This is the 2nd time that Bush has done something weird.... - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                 Cleared != verified - (mhuber)
         Here's why there cannot ever be any 'evidence': - (Ashton)
         the evidence for Bush lying - (tangaroa) - (1)
             Missed one - (tangaroa)
         You need to look for evidence? - (ben_tilly)
         Not what I'm looking for - (johnu) - (36)
             Of course it isn't what you are looking for - (ben_tilly) - (35)
                 Just can't redefine lying that way - (johnu) - (34)
                     Re: Just can't redefine lying that way - (deSitter) - (2)
                         It escalates - (deSitter)
                         That bugs me. - (mmoffitt)
                     Who is redefining lying? - (ben_tilly) - (29)
                         Mean.. next you'll remind us of his campaign promise of - (Ashton) - (23)
                             Re: Mean.. next you'll remind us of his campaign promise of - (johnu) - (22)
                                 Define the promise - (jbrabeck)
                                 You would show lack of integrity at least in that scenario - (ben_tilly) - (20)
                                     Re: You would show lack of integrity... - (johnu) - (19)
                                         Intent to deceive? - (Silverlock) - (13)
                                             Intent to deceive - ability to lie without lying... - (Simon_Jester) - (8)
                                                 I'm confused - (Silverlock) - (6)
                                                     In a milieu shouting, Ignorance is Truth!__War is Peace! - (Ashton)
                                                     I'm sorry - I was agreeing with you... - (Simon_Jester) - (4)
                                                         OK - (Silverlock) - (3)
                                                             Nice followup by the Washington Post.... - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                                                 Re: the French - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                                     Not 'hard' if you think like a Neoconman... :( -NT - (Ashton)
                                                 Should point out - (jake123)
                                             That explains a lot - (johnu) - (3)
                                                 Ignore the inconvenient - (Silverlock) - (2)
                                                     I think johnu == krove. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                         Wrong - (Ashton)
                                         Mighty fine gradations of dishonesty there... - (ben_tilly)
                                         Considering the time difference - (jake123) - (3)
                                             Re: Considering the time difference - (deSitter) - (2)
                                                 I don't know if your - (jake123) - (1)
                                                     Thou sayest: exactly so. -NT - (Ashton)
                         Note: - (jake123) - (4)
                             State of the Union - (Silverlock) - (3)
                                 Looks to me like SotU is certainly being - (jake123) - (2)
                                     EEuuww. - (Silverlock)
                                     Re: "Imperial Amreica" - (jb4)
                     Speaking of redefining lying - (tangaroa)
         And you flamed Clinton over the meaning of "is"? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
             Brevity Award over Ashcroftian-pallid breast-skin background -NT - (Ashton)
         johnu: The Literal Mind\ufffd___inaction -NT - (Ashton)
         warning old joke in message - (andread)

I can use his toes to plug my holes.
53 ms