IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Wrong
The permission that you give is blanket and across the board, even though it is presented as just relating to people who use Windows Update. And has been included in quite a few service packs for various products. Some critical patches (particularly for IE) are only available in service packs that include the noxious terms.

Cheers,
Ben
"Career politicians are inherently untrustworthy; if it spends its life buzzing around the outhouse, it\ufffds probably a fly."
- [link|http://www.nationalinterest.org/issues/58/Mead.html|Walter Mead]
New Different sections.
Yes, I know the EULA sucks. Yes, I know that by the terms of the EULA, MS can basically walk into your computer and do lotsa nasty stuff.

I was referring to obtaining the patches themselves - he was complaining that he had to turn down his "security level" in order to retrieve the patches.

Don't worry, I haven't gone soft yet... :P
Gimli's Rules for Surviving in Middle Earth #43: When attempting to destroy an artifact, remember to use somebody else's axe.
     Microsoft and Security - (n3jja) - (51)
         Re: Microsoft and Security - (Yendor) - (50)
             Lean forward and get your bitchslap! ;-) -NT - (n3jja) - (3)
                 It's not even that clear cut. - (inthane-chan) - (2)
                     Wrong - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                         Different sections. - (inthane-chan)
             Re: Microsoft and Security - (andread) - (45)
                 Theoretical Researchers . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 Re: Microsoft and Security - (Yendor) - (41)
                     Sensing Deep Paranoia Here - (andread) - (40)
                         Well, a lot of people, including whole governments . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (39)
                             this relates to Windows Update how? -NT - (andread) - (38)
                                 How the hell do you think they'd distribute it? - (Andrew Grygus) - (37)
                                     Is 98 the last M$-OS for very many, out there? - (Ashton) - (6)
                                         Really? - (andread) - (1)
                                             Really. - (Yendor)
                                         I vote yes....conditionally - (jb4) - (3)
                                             Start with SuSE, sure. - (admin) - (2)
                                                 Thanks for the Knoppix tip - (jb4) - (1)
                                                     Debian is harder to configure, easier to install - (admin)
                                     And you're definition of 'it' is? - (andread) - (10)
                                         See above... - (Yendor)
                                         Home user updates? - (Andrew Grygus) - (8)
                                             Post hoc... - (andread) - (5)
                                                 Bull, most businesses DO NOT have firewalls and admins. - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                                                     good point - (andread)
                                                     E-fscking-GAD! - (jb4) - (2)
                                                         Geezis, where the... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                                             Writing embedded systems, thankyewverymuch... - (jb4)
                                             So that's when it does it! - (static) - (1)
                                                 Very. -NT - (inthane-chan)
                                     Give it up, guys - I done TOLE you Andy is an MS shill. -NT - (CRConrad) - (18)
                                         Well, we know that . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                         at least you didn't call me Andrea this time, 'Charlene' -NT - (andread) - (16)
                                             And at least you didn't try to deny it this time, Andrea. -NT - (CRConrad) - (15)
                                                 Tell you what - (andread) - (14)
                                                     Only shows, some people are stupid enough to whore for free. -NT - (CRConrad) - (13)
                                                         Curiouser and curiouser - (andread) - (11)
                                                             Speaking of 'sides' - (Ashton) - (10)
                                                                 Microsoft's very foundation is theivery. - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
                                                                     Unfortunately, Western Business runs that way. - (static) - (8)
                                                                         It goes a lot deeper than that - (tonytib)
                                                                         Western Business in the news runs that way - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                                                                             Pithy summary; still M$ is different - (Ashton) - (5)
                                                                                 Nestle - (andread) - (4)
                                                                                     Quite right you are.. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                                                         Do I dare post... - (jbrabeck) - (2)
                                                                                             Sorry to hear that... - (jb4)
                                                                                             Of course you do! So, have you sent your protest yet? - (CRConrad)
                                                         Whores are professionals - (kmself)
                 You're lucky - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                     Good points - (andread)

My neurons began.. shrieking, best I can remember.
149 ms