IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Tone and tenor.
I'm not even remotely supporting him as the Rep Majority Leader, because as you are aware he has a tendency to act and then think...and since he's not all that bright...well the problems ensue from there...

However, the furor surrounding this statement and the immediate cry of racism to me are alot more suspect than the statement itself. The hue and cry come from those who use racism for gain. They have no interest in the truth of the statement at all.

At this point, Lott should step down. Whether he meant it as a racist statement or not, the honorable thing to do is walk. But we all know there is no honor inside the beltway.

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Re: the furor surrounding this
An interesting hypothesis for why all of the furor

[link|http://www.buzzflash.com/analysis/2002/12/12_Lott.html|Here] first and then a [link|http://www.buzzflash.com/analysis/2002/12/13_Lott.html|followup].
Why should we ask our military to die for cheap oil when the rest of us aren't even being asked to get better mileage?
-[link|http://www.workingforchange.com/article.cfm?itemid=14107|Molly Ivins]
New Interesting...
I decided to head out to the cofcc's website. (Part of the damnation of Lott is that he made a speech for them and they're supposed to be a fairly rascist organistion.)

The catch is that their website is down. (No surprise there.) It is in google's catch.

But, do some digging. Ignore the "Support Lott" articles on the front page. There's a public forum.

The oldest post is Dec 11, 2002.

hmm... head over to NIC. cofcc was registered 2001 (weird, but okay). Last update, yesterday.

hmmm.
     "discarded policies of the past" Lotts remark - (boxley) - (61)
         My question. - (mmoffitt) - (41)
             I think that a significant difference lies is his 'wishing' - (Ashton) - (39)
                 Re: 2002 Beliefs - (mmoffitt) - (38)
                     Re: 2002 Beliefs - (deSitter) - (37)
                         No, racism is not only a Southern thing. When I lived in NC, - (mmoffitt) - (36)
                             Re: No, racism is not only a Southern thing... - (deSitter)
                             I know a white guy who relocated from Indiana to NC - (boxley)
                             He made no racist statements. - (bepatient) - (33)
                                 "Separate but equal" rings true for you I suppose. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (30)
                                     In 2 words.. - (bepatient) - (29)
                                         Ouch. - (mmoffitt) - (28)
                                             Are you resorting to code words now??? - (bepatient) - (27)
                                                 To paraphrase you... - (mmoffitt) - (26)
                                                     No. Niet. None of the above. - (bepatient) - (25)
                                                         Huh? - (mmoffitt) - (23)
                                                             You are stretching way too far... - (bepatient) - (22)
                                                                 Lack of preparation? - (Silverlock) - (13)
                                                                     So Strom has turned 100 twice? - (bepatient) - (12)
                                                                         What? - (Silverlock) - (11)
                                                                             ROFL! "Medja bias strikes again". :-D -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                                             What are you talking about? - (Simon_Jester) - (8)
                                                                                 Feel Trent's pain - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                                                     Actually Ted Stevens would be a better leader - (boxley)
                                                                                 CCC? - (admin) - (2)
                                                                                     Actually, according to their website - it would be cofcc. - (Simon_Jester) - (1)
                                                                                         Er. Yeah. -NT - (admin)
                                                                                 Tone and tenor. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                     Re: the furor surrounding this - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                                                         Interesting... - (Simon_Jester)
                                                                             Dupe reply. Pls ignore. -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                 Maybe we've reached the nut. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                                                     No, not really. - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                                         Not that again. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                                             2nd - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                                 Wrong - (Silverlock)
                                                                                 No, not__ "22 years to be offended". - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                                                     I didn't skim. - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                         Support? - (Ashton)
                                                         And it's "Nyet" btw ;-) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                 have you seen this column by Rockwell? - (boxley) - (1)
                                     pretty good - thnx -NT - (SpiceWare)
             Re: My question. - (deSitter)
         What is all of this "code phrase" crap. - (bepatient) - (18)
             code phrase was the apology not the original statement - (boxley)
             Uhmm... Bill? - (Silverlock) - (8)
                 Nice background piece - from the Washington Times no less - (Simon_Jester) - (6)
                     He says it right in the piece.... - (bepatient) - (5)
                         I don't believe I said he was a racist. - (Simon_Jester) - (4)
                             Okay, if you don't like racist, how about bigot? ;-) -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                 Chuckle. - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                                     He couldn't decry segregation. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                         Actually, I haven't seen that. - (Simon_Jester)
                 Yes I do. - (bepatient)
             "... we voted for him. We're proud of it." - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                 So... - (bepatient) - (6)
                     So, - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                         did he mention any of these things? - (bepatient) - (3)
                             So, - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                 Dude... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                     Nit corrected, Geesh. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                         ROFL! Image over substance indeed hmmmbjhm -NT - (boxley)

YOU DON'T EVEN RECOGNIZE THE *real* KNOPPIX INTERPRETER
77 ms