IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Thanks a lot
as you may have guessed the trauma from the crap I took from my former employer has left me with half the brainpower that I once had. I am lucky if I can find my car keys and remember what passwords that I use. I am slowly rebuilding my brain while at the same time trying not to get stressed out ove rob issues, and family issues. Back in 1995-1997, before I got married, I used to have the free-time to research this stuff until 3 in the morning when I would pass out, sleep in a bed next to the computer, wake up, and then research some more. Now about every 15 minutes I get interrupted my family, friends, a phone call, something else, and I am lucky if I can figure out if I got a service pack or two installed. If I am lucky I can get a few hours in a day, with only 41 or less interuptions. Mind you I still need time to sleep, talk to my wife, do house chores, play games with my son, eat, and have a social life, things that I did not have time to do when I was single. So married life, while it does have its benefits, is wrecking havok on my computer skills and ability to research things. As you may have guessed when I don't have time to read something, I "skim" it over a few times and get out what I really need without reading the whole thing. Yes, I need to learn how to do that "Speed Reading" or "Photographic Memory" that you guys appear to have. Read the whole "Using Linux" book in 15 seconds, didja? Can quote page number and verse, right? Well I am not [link|http://us.imdb.com/M/title-exact?Rain+Man+(1988)|"Rainman"] and I cannot add up numbers in my head, remember phone books, and know what time "Wheel Of Fortune" comes on. Instead I have to use a calculator or computer to crunch numbers, find that phone book in my closet or where ever my wife left it last, and find that copy of TV Guide or just use the DirectTV pop-up Guide and do a search on "Wheel Of Fortune".

Remember lawyers screwed me over royaly, and I didn't even know what direction I was facing when HR escourted me out the door. They played me such big mind games and kept bombording me with extra work, disinformation, etc that my brain overloaded. I thought I had recovered, but the warning signs are back again. I recently found myself parked in the Sam's parking lot when I was supposed to go to Aldi's, but Sam's sells Milk too, and I was there so might as well go in a buy some milk instead of driving over to the other part of the city, right? Oh the fact that I didn't remember driving to Sam's just keeps me up at night. I'm zoning out here somehow.

Stuff like this bothers me, it is like someone took electrodes and shoved them up my nose into my brain and shocked the hell out of me. My doctor wanted me to go on disability, remember? Unable to do the job, got sick, got stressed out, wash rinse repeat cycle. Ah you get the idea. I am operating on half the sleep I should be getting, driving to the wrong location, and blood is now coming out of my eyes, I warned you guys but you would not listen. Thanks a whole hell of a lot for the help. Now I have to clean the blood off of my keyboard.

[link|http://games.speakeasy.net/data/files/khan.jpg|"Khan!!!" -Kirk]
New Nobody's asking you to be Einstein.
Just to be methodical in your approach. It will help with the stress...really it will...if you have a step by step approach to problem solving already there.

The problems may always be different...but as long as you can back up...breath deep...and work your plan you will be fine (and less stressed).

Recovery takes time...just make sure that you don't fall back into something that you've worked hard to get out of...

The key is to relax...hard to do sometimes yes...but if you feel the stress building...STOP STOP STOP what you are doing...take a walk...warm bath...whatever it takes to settle you..because you will resolve your issue faster (even including the de-stressing time) if you approach it with the right mindset.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Also cut the rants
If you really are as stressed out as you say, then just label me an asshole that you don't have time to worry about and do something else. In the time it took to flame me you could have put on a relaxing piece of music, which would do you more more good than flaming me did.

Please don't respond to this with a flame. Instead take the time that you would have spent typing that, and go to bed that much earlier instead. Do that likewise with Peter and everyone else here who ticks you off.

After you are well and caught up on sleep, we can talk. Time enough to worry about this then.

Cheers,
Ben
"Career politicians are inherently untrustworthy; if it spends its life buzzing around the outhouse, it\ufffds probably a fly."
- [link|http://www.nationalinterest.org/issues/58/Mead.html|Walter Mead]
New So... then... what about...
ME flaming you...

Can... I ... HUH??? Huh, Ben... can I can I Huh? Pleease-o-please... can-I-please...

Ben...Ben...Ben... Can I flame you... HUH? HUH? HUH?

Come_on... say yes.... please... aw man COME ON... It would *ONLY* be this TIME... I promise

I promise to make it QUICK and PAINLESS... Pleease o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please o-please!

feeeeh! Knew you'd say that... geez.. I never get to have any fun around here... I'm telling Dad!

greg - Grand-Master Artist in IT,
curley95@attbi.com -- [link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry/|REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!]

Your friendly Homeland Security Officer reminds:
Hold Thumbprint to Screen for 5 seconds, we'll take the imprint, or
Just continue to type on your keyboard, and we'll just sample your DNA.
New /me cuts off Greg's caffeine supply. Sheesh! ;-)
-----
Steve
New Re: /me cuts off Greg's caffeine supply. Sheesh! ;-)
Oh... come on now... I only drink 8 20oz Diet Mountain Dews and 2 - 64oz Double Gulp Diet Cokes a day...

I don't drink coffee anymore... I find it makes me jittery...

Oh, I've only be needing about 2 hours of sleep a day... lately... I guess I am gonna need to take some strong sleeping pills... it's been pretty hard to goto sleep lately... I wonder why?

No... I usually only drink a max of 60oz of diet soda a day... more than that, I feel like I look... bloated! I drink Milk and water after that... and I get to at least get up every few minutes too... ;)

curley95@attbi.com -- [link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry/|REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!]

New Well...what is your stress level?
"Career politicians are inherently untrustworthy; if it spends its life buzzing around the outhouse, it\ufffds probably a fly."
- [link|http://www.nationalinterest.org/issues/58/Mead.html|Walter Mead]
New NADA... anymore... ;)

Web Server for my brother, part 2 - (orion) - (48)
         "Egads!!!" he exclaims.... - (folkert) - (42)
             "Run Away!!!! Run Away!!!!" -NT - (n3jja)
             He tried Linux - (orion)
             Re: "Egads!!!" he exclaims.... - (deSitter) - (39)
                 I am sheathing my sword.... - (folkert) - (38)
                     Re: I am sheathing my sword.... - (deSitter) - (37)
                         Heh heh heh Windows Vs. Unix Vs. AS/400 - (orion) - (22)
                             Re: Heh heh heh IIS - (pwhysall) - (21)
                                 Well put my dear, dear, Pete... - (folkert)
                                 They way I figure it - (orion) - (19)
                                     Securing W2K Server Without An MCSE - (pwhysall) - (18)
                                         Hah hah, grin. - (orion) - (17)
                                             Trust Peter on this - (ben_tilly)
                                             Re: Hah hah, grin. - (pwhysall) - (15)
                                                 Look here - (orion) - (14)
                                                     Re: Look here - (pwhysall)
                                                     If you are not a newbie... - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                                                         Thanks a lot - (orion) - (7)
                                                             Nobody's asking you to be Einstein. - (bepatient)
                                                             Also cut the rants - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                                                                 So... then... what about... - (folkert) - (4)
                                                                     /me cuts off Greg's caffeine supply. Sheesh! ;-) -NT - (Steve Lowe) - (1)
                                                                         Re: /me cuts off Greg's caffeine supply. Sheesh! ;-) - (folkert)
                                                                     Well...what is your stress level? -NT - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                                         NADA... anymore... ;) -NT - (folkert)
                                                     It's called growing up. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                         But I can't grow up - (orion) - (2)
                                                             Guy, Interrupted - (deSitter) - (1)
                                                                 Thanks a lot - (orion)
                         AS/400? You've got to be kidding. - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                             Er... - (admin)
                             Bullshit. - (imric) - (4)
                                 Hmm, so OS/400-heads should grok TWiki - (drewk)
                                 Heh. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                     Those poor bastards. - (imric) - (1)
                                         Really poor bastards.... - (folkert)
                             To each their own - (orion) - (2)
                                 Wrong comparison - (admin) - (1)
                                     Wrong idea - (orion)
                             Actually.... - (slugbug) - (3)
                                 Re: Actually.... - (deSitter)
                                 I don't see it in the ports - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                     yup, saw that too... - (slugbug)
         Went to GoDaddy - (imric) - (1)
             Re: Went to GoDaddy - (orion)
         RRAS - (deSitter) - (1)
             Winroute sounds like the way to go - (orion)
         DSL modem replaced - (orion)

Our job is to take as much of the beer flavor out of the water as we can without getting a customer revolt.
192 ms