IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yummy cow food?
Then, while you're eating all that yummy cow food, walk for an hour at lunch and another hour after work.

gag

Seriously, vegetarians *do* tend to not be overweight. I've heard that "true" vegans and many vegetarians actually are often hard-put to keep themselves *up* to a healthy weight.

Also, I have read somewhere that a lot cheap starchy "fat-free" foods tend not to help. Vegetables, some starchy foods, some meat maybe two or three times a week. Follow the new "food pyramid". Consult a nutritionist who is actually up on the latest research into the subject.

Walking may make you healthier and feel better (personally, I prefer biking because even gentle walking or jogging and certainly running jars my back too much), and is certainly not a Bad Thing, but it hardly burns off enough calories to count, especially if you're still gobbling America's Favorite Fries or whatever.
New Admit it
You didn't read the article linked in the root node of this thread, did you?

It contains lots of stuff about exactly what you mentioned (the problems with carbohydrates, etc).

Cheers,
Ben
"... I couldn't see how anyone could be educated by this self-propagating system in which people pass exams, teach others to pass exams, but nobody knows anything."
--Richard Feynman
     Atkins and low carbohydrate diets. - (a6l6e6x) - (29)
         Okay.... here goes... - (folkert) - (22)
             Muscle tissue, fat, etc. - (Brandioch) - (21)
                 Sanity check - (ben_tilly) - (11)
                     50 pounds. - (Brandioch) - (10)
                         Ditto here. - (inthane-chan)
                         IIRC... - (ben_tilly) - (8)
                             I expected you to be able to read. - (Brandioch) - (6)
                                 I don't care to have a long debate about it - (ben_tilly) - (5)
                                     Then don't. - (Brandioch) - (4)
                                         Minor point. - (bepatient) - (3)
                                             dont soybeans have b12? I know brewers yeast does - (boxley) - (2)
                                                 Strictly? Probably not. - (Brandioch)
                                                 Yes, soybeans do - (ben_tilly)
                             On your PS - (boxley)
                 OK I dont eat - (boxley) - (3)
                     Weight. It's all about weight. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                         My body should be 6 feet underground :) - (boxley) - (1)
                             Don't fret. You'll get there, eventually. :) - (Brandioch)
                 Yummy cow food? - (wharris2) - (1)
                     Admit it - (ben_tilly)
                 I guess... I should have been a BIT more... explicative - (folkert) - (2)
                     Your poor co-worker... - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                         Yeah... but... - (folkert)
         Fascinating. And a little scary. - (static) - (2)
             Whole grain bread is fine - (admin) - (1)
                 Yep, the key is the glycemic index. - (a6l6e6x)
         This is perfectly timed - (tjsinclair)
         My dad's been doing it for a couple years now - (SpiceWare)
         Not mentioned in the NYT article, but on the Atkins diet... - (a6l6e6x)

Just a little peril?
364 ms