IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Point of logical order?
All you have is them picking on your pet in peacetime versus them going relatively light on the President after the largest act of terrorism in our nation's history...in addition to them realizing that 90% of the population was is support of his actions.
Folie a deux? Again so soon?

So then: you think it "normal journalistic behavior" to poll the vox populii and: report what these wish most to hear? And Not report say, what some might Not wish to hear?

Not even question.. because ~ it might be unPatriotic to question the actions of a Government planning a War on *Something (greatly in need of guidance surely: isn't *every* Government, when making such 'plans' ??)

* or do you really think that a War on Evil is some clear mandate of that Something - sans discussion Biblical or Otherwise?

Y'know, if I were a one susceptible of it - I'd be disappointed in your Rx for proper 'unbiased' journalism (or was that Rx: 'sycophancy via Popularity poll', that you wanted a Patriot-journalist to practice?)

Ashton

Correct 'deux' .. we have Enough dieux running around loose
Collapse Edited by Missing User 70 June 30, 2002, 11:37:27 PM EDT
Point of logical order?
All you have is them picking on your pet in peacetime versus them going relatively light on the President after the largest act of terrorism in our nation's history...in addition to them realizing that 90% of the population was is support of his actions.
Folie a dieux? Again so soon? So then: you think it "normal journalistic behavior" to poll the vox populii and: report what these wish most to hear? And Not report say, what some might Not wish to hear? Not even question.. because ~ it might be unPatriotic to question the actions of a Government planning a War on *Something (greatly in need of guidance surely: isn't *every* Government, when making such 'plans' ??) * or do you really think that a War on Evil is some clear mandate of that Something - sans discussion Biblical or Otherwise? Y'know, if I were a one susceptible of it - I'd be disappointed in your Rx for proper 'unbiased' journalism (or was that Rx: 'sycophancy via Popularity poll', that you wanted a Patriot-journalist to practice?) Ashton
New Maybe you don't notice a bias based on the current issue...
...bear with me..

...but when a percentage gets really big (like 90...Pres approval rating) and you have a population that may be...say..60/40 liberal/conservative...

Would it not be safe to assume that there are a boatload of >liberals< who agreed with the President's handling of the situation.

I know that my statistics are not scientifically accurate to 10-200...but I think the point can be made with really rough estimates like that...and the President's approval rating has been amazingly high.

Now...of course...what is liberal to many might very well be conservative for you...so I guess it all depends on your point of reference.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Stats as of a month ago.
[link|http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/05/21/opinion/polls/main509623.shtml|CBS]

You might want to check out the questions asked, too.
New So your point is???
Since you link to stats that show the majority Republicans, Democrats and Independents feel the President is handling post 9/11 well.

Whcih is what >my< point was.
You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Read the questionaire.
That was my point.
     Media bias - (Silverlock) - (84)
         Wow - (bepatient) - (77)
             Wow - what an exercise in non-commentary on the - (Ashton) - (76)
                 I just had a beer. - (Ashton)
                 Silly. - (bepatient) - (74)
                     Oh...btw... - (bepatient) - (63)
                         Dumb me.. - (Ashton) - (62)
                             Ok...I promise... - (bepatient) - (61)
                                 Bzzzzzttttt! Wrong answer. - (Brandioch) - (60)
                                     You've wasted 3 more... - (bepatient) - (59)
                                         Point of subtle orthogonal inference, please: - (Ashton) - (58)
                                             Instead of induhveejewels... - (bepatient) - (57)
                                                 Target acquired. Commencing SLAM! - (Brandioch) - (3)
                                                     Ah... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                         And you're still trying to weasel out of it. - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                                             Read elsewhere...if you must. -NT - (bepatient)
                                                 Oh... Riiigghhhht.. - (Ashton) - (52)
                                                     Mr. Lehrer is Mr. PBS News not NPR News. - (a6l6e6x) - (5)
                                                         My bad. As to Lehrer: Oh Yes He Can be held accountable - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                             The "sponsor" - COMMISSION ON PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                                                 Expect? Guts, not pandering to a set-up, ovinely. -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                 Hmmm, think "umpire". - (Brandioch)
                                                         Silence == support. Particularly with a reputation. - (Brandioch)
                                                     So its not good enought to just ist their networks... - (bepatient) - (45)
                                                         You thought it would be? - (Brandioch) - (43)
                                                             Ah, - (bepatient) - (42)
                                                                 Learn what "bias" is. - (Brandioch) - (41)
                                                                     So you assert... - (bepatient) - (40)
                                                                         Point of logical order? - (Ashton) - (4)
                                                                             Maybe you don't notice a bias based on the current issue... - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                                                 Stats as of a month ago. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                                                                     So your point is??? - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                         Read the questionaire. - (Brandioch)
                                                                         "Strawman", eh? - (Brandioch) - (32)
                                                                             Nope...nice try though. - (bepatient) - (31)
                                                                                 And that's all the "proof" needed. - (Brandioch) - (5)
                                                                                     Hopeless. - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                                         well you could always change your sig - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                                             chuckle - (bepatient)
                                                                                             The medical term for that is CRIS... - (bbronson)
                                                                                         "liberal bias" "picking on Clinton". - (Brandioch)
                                                                                 Bill, this may be a good starting point for you. - (mmoffitt) - (24)
                                                                                     bzt - (bepatient) - (23)
                                                                                         I suggest you read their site. - (Brandioch) - (13)
                                                                                             Pointing to an alternate site - (bepatient) - (12)
                                                                                                 A different site? - (Brandioch) - (11)
                                                                                                     The >book<...my ever so sensitive friend... - (bepatient) - (10)
                                                                                                         A book on genetics, endorsed by the KKK web site. - (Brandioch) - (9)
                                                                                                             Brain death? - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                                                                                 I will reconstruct the crime. - (Brandioch) - (7)
                                                                                                                     You do whatever you like dear. - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                                                                                         "Bias" is completely unrelated? - (Brandioch) - (4)
                                                                                                                             Like I said... - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                                                                                                 Again, their position on global warming shows their bias. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                                                                                                                     Whatever. -NT - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                                                                         So, your point is that a book store will sell it? - (Brandioch)
                                                                                                                         Refs. be damned than.. So: - (Ashton)
                                                                                         Was any research actually conducted? - (Silverlock) - (8)
                                                                                             Goldberg appears... - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                                                 That's not what I'm saying - (Silverlock) - (3)
                                                                                                     America is bi-polar. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                                                         To the extent that is true.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                                                             Good Point and one I hadn't considered. - (mmoffitt)
                                                                                             Interesting you should post that link... - (screamer) - (2)
                                                                                                 The only one that comes close to as many hits - (screamer) - (1)
                                                                                                     Close enough.. - (Ashton)
                                                                         Oh, puh-LEEEEZE, Bill... - (jb4) - (1)
                                                                             Actually. - (bepatient)
                                                         In defense of Public Broadcasting - (screamer)
                     Actually, it would need a rebuttal. - (Brandioch) - (9)
                         Cool - (bepatient) - (8)
                             Awwww, poor baby. - (Brandioch) - (7)
                                 Me? - (bepatient) - (6)
                                     Yes. You. Stop acting like a child and grow up. - (Brandioch) - (5)
                                         Excuse me? - (bepatient) - (4)
                                             I'm sure there is an excuse for you. - (Brandioch) - (3)
                                                 And yet another... - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                     Nah.. I think it's about the fun of ___Surprise! - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                         But it is no surprise... - (bepatient)
         This can't be of much importance. - (Ashton)
         "Own the press and you own the People" - V.I. Lenin - (mmoffitt) - (4)
             thats why the repos dont want to support NPR :) - (boxley) - (3)
                 Re: Yup: only rich country to SELL most all the airwaves - (Ashton) - (2)
                     Sell? You mean Give dont you? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                         Yes.___WTF was I *thinking!* -NT - (Ashton)

At times I feel uncomfortably sure that I was a sysadmin by trade.
162 ms