IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Any followups on this?
High blood pressure is a big deal. Don't mess around if you have it.

1) Is the tester accurate?

2) Did you rest a few minutes before taking the test? Or did you do it after running up 8 flights of stairs? ;-)

High (or low) blood pressure is a big deal. Get it checked correctly, and if you have it, work on getting it treated. If you can't get it done via lifestyle changes, then medication can help a great deal but it can be hard to find the right drug.

(My mom had hypertension and had trouble for years keeping it under control. Part of it was her not giving up smoking. Part of it was difficulty in finding a drug that was compatible with her physiology. Part of it was her having the money to pay the cost. She ended up having a severe stroke that took her down, over several years...)

Let us know how it goes.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Haven't seen anyone yet
I've been checking it once or twice a day when at work. I'm generally ~135/85, not enough to be scary. I'll be sure to get it checked when I eventually see a doc.
--

Drew
New None of us are getting any younger.
:-)

Do see a doc.

Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
     Anyone got good links on high blood pressure? - (drook) - (25)
         blood work wont tell you a dam thing about high blood pressure - (boxley) - (21)
             Thanks, going to keep looking - (drook) - (20)
                 Tangent - (malraux)
                 also lose the energy drinks and caffeine - (boxley) - (1)
                     I quit caffeine cold turkey when I had a kidney stone -NT - (drook)
                 forgot, niacin can assist in lowering blood pressure and you need that anyway -NT - (boxley) - (13)
                     Will look into it, but like you I prefer to not get on something that'll be forever -NT - (drook) - (11)
                         niacine is needed anyway for your brain to keep current - (boxley)
                         Yup, forever - (crazy) - (5)
                             Or not - (malraux) - (4)
                                 You try imitrex? -NT - (crazy) - (3)
                                     Haven't tried anything yet. - (malraux) - (2)
                                         Understood - (crazy) - (1)
                                             Once I see how this does, for sure. - (malraux)
                         Hawthorn extract is supposed to be effective. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                             Mine's around 140/85 ... Not OMG GET TO A HOSPITAL but I won't tell my nurse mother-in-law -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                 my general understanding is the bottom number is very important - (boxley)
                             just picked some up, will experiment over the weekend - (boxley)
                     Too much niacin is bad. - (Another Scott)
                 One more "natural remedy" you could look into... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                     I haven't gotten enough sleep since I've had children -NT - (drook) - (1)
                         ¡Great Hastur!! you've broken the Codex.. - (Ashton)
         Any followups on this? - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Haven't seen anyone yet - (drook) - (1)
                 None of us are getting any younger. - (Another Scott)

Thank you for making a simple LRPD very happy.
67 ms