IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Will look into it, but like you I prefer to not get on something that'll be forever
--

Drew
New niacine is needed anyway for your brain to keep current
the recommended amounts for blood pressure is ridiculous what I take is a couple of Super B vitamins.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Yup, forever
I am on ever increasing dosage of metoprolol. This both reduces blood pressure and heart rate. If I stop, I go into tachycardia and possibly die.

Remember Beep bash when I lost 1/2 a Scott in 6 months, ie: 1/3 of my body weight? And what was left was pure muscle? Damn I loved that body (gone now).

My BP was 190/100 in those days. Exercise and diet and clean living did not change it in the slightest bit. I went on the meds.
New Or not
One of the ways to reduce stress and anxiety for migraines is to exercise. But I can't exercise because they set off my migraines. It's vicious circle and I need to break it somehow. Once I get the migraines under control and can start exercising again I may be able to taper off the meds.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New You try imitrex?
New Haven't tried anything yet.
She gave me 3 options to research: nortriptyline (antidepressant), topiramate (antiseizure), and propranolol (blood pressure)

Imitrex is for treatment after you know it's coming on. I get them 1-2 times a day and am more suited for a prophylactic than an acute treatment.
Regards,
-scott
Expand Edited by malraux Sept. 19, 2019, 04:23:47 PM EDT
Expand Edited by malraux Sept. 19, 2019, 04:24:05 PM EDT
New Understood
In the old days I'd get a possible aura and pop an ergotamine. Which only worked if caught REALLY early.

Then imitrex injectable came out. Side effects were a roaring fire in your chest for 30 seconds, and migraine got erased. No matter how deep I was into it.

Nowadays they have the tablet, works in about 20 minutes, no side effect.

I suggest you get a script for it to keep handy, for the moment the prophylactic fails.
New Once I see how this does, for sure.
She thinks there's a pretty good chance they just won't happen any more. And the ones I get are typically pretty low-grade: no real headache, minor aura. The problem is that 1-2 a day means I'm in constant postdrome and always exhausted and fuzzy.
Regards,
-scott
New Hawthorn extract is supposed to be effective.
The jars have a warning not to take hawthorn if using blood pressure reducing drugs.

I ordered in a couple of jars but never opened them. Nurse Annie, my dermatologist, had me go through two cycles of internal steroid treatment. (talk about pain!) and my blood pressure measured up to 162/82, but it steadily declined after the treatments, so I never tried them.

Last night I measured 127/62, and this morning it was 127/66. If my right hand starts to tingle, I know it's down around 108, but that rarely happens. On the other hand, I'm only 76. Maybe it will get higher as I get older.
New Mine's around 140/85 ... Not OMG GET TO A HOSPITAL but I won't tell my nurse mother-in-law
--

Drew
New my general understanding is the bottom number is very important
for a while mine was 120/101, not a good thing
New just picked some up, will experiment over the weekend
     Anyone got good links on high blood pressure? - (drook) - (25)
         blood work wont tell you a dam thing about high blood pressure - (boxley) - (21)
             Thanks, going to keep looking - (drook) - (20)
                 Tangent - (malraux)
                 also lose the energy drinks and caffeine - (boxley) - (1)
                     I quit caffeine cold turkey when I had a kidney stone -NT - (drook)
                 forgot, niacin can assist in lowering blood pressure and you need that anyway -NT - (boxley) - (13)
                     Will look into it, but like you I prefer to not get on something that'll be forever -NT - (drook) - (11)
                         niacine is needed anyway for your brain to keep current - (boxley)
                         Yup, forever - (crazy) - (5)
                             Or not - (malraux) - (4)
                                 You try imitrex? -NT - (crazy) - (3)
                                     Haven't tried anything yet. - (malraux) - (2)
                                         Understood - (crazy) - (1)
                                             Once I see how this does, for sure. - (malraux)
                         Hawthorn extract is supposed to be effective. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                             Mine's around 140/85 ... Not OMG GET TO A HOSPITAL but I won't tell my nurse mother-in-law -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                 my general understanding is the bottom number is very important - (boxley)
                             just picked some up, will experiment over the weekend - (boxley)
                     Too much niacin is bad. - (Another Scott)
                 One more "natural remedy" you could look into... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                     I haven't gotten enough sleep since I've had children -NT - (drook) - (1)
                         ¡Great Hastur!! you've broken the Codex.. - (Ashton)
         Any followups on this? - (Another Scott) - (2)
             Haven't seen anyone yet - (drook) - (1)
                 None of us are getting any younger. - (Another Scott)

That's not actually how law works.
138 ms