IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ok.
That means we need people running on something more than ...

Emphasis added.

If Lefty McLeftish isn't running, then it doesn't help to beat up on the party.

If Lefty McLeftish loses the primary, then it doesn't help to beat up on the party.

It's a huge sacrifice to put one's self our there to be an elected office candidate for the first time. Maybe too few Leftys are willing to make the jump because they think they don't have a chance.

Like it or not, our system has parties and those parties (when they have the majority) decide the leadership in the respective various legislatures. And the leadership decides committee assignments, the rules of debate, what gets considered and what doesn't, etc. A President also has to work with parties to get things done, and to fight what they don't want to become law and policy.

If Lefty McLeftish isn't there, then it only makes sense to support the candidate of the better party.

"I told you so" (in so many words) isn't helpful.

My $0.02.

So, who are you supporting for Congress in '018? ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New The House? In Indiana? We don't have a Democratic Party in Indiana.
Recall the 2016 House election featured this guy as the Democratic candidate. Just look at the vote totals for both parties. (BTW, I did vote for Tommy, drunkard that he is).

Most Hoosiers get their news from Fox and Rush Limbaugh and they like it that way. They've never been anywhere (it was up in 2016 to just shy of 3.4% of us having passports, but in the three previous years only 2.8%, 2.6% and 2.5% had passports). The majority of them are among the most racist, xenophobic, ignorant (but I repeat myself) entities you'll ever encounter. They don't want to hear anything anyone else has to say and believe this is the best place in the world to live and don't you dare try telling them otherwise.

I routinely leave 70% of my ballot blank and it's not because no one is Left enough to suit my tastes (one advantage of flight training is that situational awareness is emphasized - so I'm not looking for any Lefty to ever appear on an Indiana ballot), but because in roughly 70% of cases the Republican candidate is running unopposed.

Intellectually, politically, culturally and philosophically this is a hellish, hellish place. There is nothing, I mean absolutely nothing, that this state has to offer that could possibly lure any significant number of sentient beings here. That's why our universities routinely see 60% of their graduates leaving the state never to return within a year of graduation. I began saying this around 1990, but there are only three types of people who live in Indiana:
1. People who were born here.
2. People who are married to people who were born here.
3. The completely incompetent.
There are probably a dozen or so outliers in our population of 6.6 million who do not fall into one of those three categories, but I've only met one in the thirty-one years I've lived here. And he's originally from England, so he hardly counts. ;0)

That, in a nutshell, is why "no Lefties" run for office here. We have met the people. We know who they are. We know they cannot be saved.
bcnu,
Mikem

It's mourning in America again.
New ..and when I recall that, My Gramma™ *wrote the Song!*
Indiana I'm Coming Home (or was it "we're" ??) ... such a triviality and sooo long ago..

Well, I just may be given a pass to say.. (that rarely Permissible presumption, we see)
I Knoze Exactly whatchamean :-/

Y.P.B. !!
New Things don't change until they do...
New Someone needs your help.
New I wish him well, but I doubt he has a chance.
The Republican incumbent down there beat a woman who grew up in NE Indiana, teaches at IU Bloomington, was a former Miss Indiana and runner-up for Miss America who became anorexic, overcame it and worked to help other young women with it and who seemed to be a decent Democrat. She lost by double-digits to the knuckle dragger's pick. Sadly, I can't vote for him. I'm about as far away from that district as you can get. I'm in the third, he's in the ninth. I wish him well, but I have grave doubts about his chances.

My previous comments notwithstanding, there are some very good people here. They're just vastly outnumbered.
bcnu,
Mikem

New cmon now, the person you ran last go round
engendered a clown car full of crazy repos (well maybe jeb and graham were not wearing the big shoes and red noses) and lost. I understand that it was her turn and 20 years of working to begat her presidency so I dont blame you personally for her running but Jaysus find someone as far from that gang as possible for the next turn.

Who knows after trump for a few years run Cornel West with Booker T on the democratic ticket and get a win. I would vote for them.
"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" – Richard Feynman
New Move to strike as non-responsive.
We know you don't like the Clintons and haven't for, what, the last 20-some-odd years?

Who do you support, and do you think they could actually win? Why don't you talk them up rather than continuing to beat on Hillary? She's not running again you know... ;-p

You know that Cornell has no chance. He's not a Democrat, either...

Cheers,
Scott.
New Good $DEITY. Not the "not a Democrat!!!!111ONE!" thing again.
bcnu,
Mikem

New Yes, it again. Why is it not an issue?
New Because ...
I am not a Federalist, because I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever, in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else, where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent. If I could not go to heaven but with a party, I would not go there at all.

Thomas Jefferson
New Things change
On slaves:
For, men, probably of any colour, but of this color we know, brought up from their infancy without necessity for thought or forecast, are by their habits rendered as incapable as children of taking care of themselves, and are extinguished promptly wherever industry is necessary for raising the young. in the mean time they are pests in society by their idleness, and the depredations to which this leads them. their amalgamation with the other colour produces a degradation to which no lover of his country, no lover of excellence in the human character can innocently consent.

Thomas Jefferson
--

Drew
New Love. It. ... ... Just What these two quotes illustrate..
..seems to moi to be ~~

All Generalizations are False
[implicitly: including-This-one, er, cha. cha. cha.]

Hint Language can Nevah be treated as a conveyor of simple-assed/simple-minded Boolean-fucking-Algebra!!
(I wot..)

..have a Nice Drumpf-"Day" ;^>
New ROFL the rent a party winnahs from Arkansaw who hitched a ride to checks and glory
are at the end of their run and you huff and puff that bernie was an outlier (which he was). So who is there in the democratic party that you could get behind?
New (Almost) anyone who wins the primaries.
I like Franken. I've heard lots of people like Kamala Harris but I know almost nothing about her. Gillibrand did good things during the various confirmation hearings and seems to know how to win fairly conservative voters in her state. Kaine is a good guy and can win over conservative voters, too, while pushing for fairly liberal policies.

I have no idea how any of them would do in Iowa and New Hampshire and all the other small states that (unfortunately) seem to determine the "momentum" that determines the nominee.

There are lots of good Democrats. (Almost) any of them would be preferable to any Republican I can think of.

At the moment I'm more worried about the Virginia elections this fall, so I'm not paying a lot of attention to national races yet.

Cheers,
Scott.
New not Kaine, he needs a rubber red nose and fright wig to go with his personality
New Kaine can't win over Conservatives? Support for Right to Work wasn't enough?
Yeah, he's a flaming Liberal all right.

Seriously, Scott. I don't mind you supporting "democrats" like Kaine, but you owe it to yourself to just come out as a Republican if you're going to continue to do so.
bcnu,
Mikem

New Re: Kaine can't win over Conservatives? Support for Right to Work wasn't enough?
New I thought of one for the top of the ticket.
He won't run (or at least I don't think he'll run), but Eric Holder would make an excellent President.
bcnu,
Mikem

New He did good things, but never having held elective office, well...
New Insightful +5. That is:
Absolutely EVERYONE has had-answered for selves the query ~~

Hey.. rilly, Can't just Anyone be Prez? ("after all, s/he can.. WILL! ... hire smarter Help, right?")
The very definition of cha. cha. cha. clogging all the synapses (?)

CCP [er, cubic-closest-packing] fine mimimalist-Take, I wot :-)
New maybe but he is unelectable
selling machine guns to Mexico that were used to gun down Americans

that headline would keep him out
     Here's hoping the Democrats start listening to their elder statesmen. - (mmoffitt) - (63)
         It's not just the lack of ideas for the Dems. - (a6l6e6x) - (62)
             And around here, that's not all. - (Andrew Grygus)
             Linky broke. :0( -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                 Change ".htm" to ".html" HTH. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     спасибо. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Thanks, Alex. I couldn't agree more with this sentiment. - (mmoffitt) - (57)
                 There you go again. Berniebros aren't "the base". (sigh) -NT - (Another Scott) - (56)
                     Berniebros are a myth constructed by the Clinton campaign. You know this. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                         You will recall that de black fohk… - (rcareaga) - (10)
                             {chortle} ..well shut ma mouf - (Ashton)
                             You Clinton apologists have that Big Lie thing down. I'm impressed. - (mmoffitt) - (8)
                                 Hawaii was a caucus. Bernie did well in caucuses. Film at 11. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                 Very big of you, I’m sure - (rcareaga) - (5)
                                     That should be "mighty white of you!" :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                                     You call Cornel West an Uncle Tom, I take it. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                         You're better than that... -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                             And yet, you didn't scold Rand. I was just asking for him to be consistent. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                     And another thing. That's *RICH* coming from you. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                 Ignore; dup - (rcareaga)
                     It is in the nature of 'Democrat-ism' for constituents to be *VARIED* in their views - (Ashton) - (43)
                         Bernie had a good speech. That is all. - (Another Scott) - (42)
                             the folks that ran the whitehouse as an airbnb destination corrupt? really? :-) -NT - (boxley)
                             "Bernie had a good speech. That is all." Heh. You mean like Obama? - (mmoffitt) - (34)
                                 (shakes head slowly). TRUMP is the enemy. It's the Berniebros that won't let it go... -NT - (Another Scott) - (33)
                                     Myopia is a terrible thing not-to-lose. -NT - (Ashton)
                                     You're heading down the very same road to defeat again. Can't you see that? - (mmoffitt) - (31)
                                         TRUMP is the enemy... -NT - (Another Scott) - (30)
                                             And we can't beat him by simply "not being him." -NT - (mmoffitt) - (28)
                                                 You continue to beat up on people who aren't in office and aren't running for office... -NT - (Another Scott) - (27)
                                                     Cannot parse this, nor comprehend the allusions/metaphors which supply no clarity. (often, of late.) - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                         short and to the point -NT - (boxley)
                                                         Ok, I admit that many of my comments in this thread might seem to be non-sequiturs. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                             Well, when you put it that way.. - (Ashton)
                                                     That's NOT what I'm doing. - (mmoffitt) - (22)
                                                         Ok. - (Another Scott) - (21)
                                                             The House? In Indiana? We don't have a Democratic Party in Indiana. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                                 ..and when I recall that, My Gramma™ *wrote the Song!* - (Ashton)
                                                                 Things don't change until they do... -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                 Someone needs your help. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                     I wish him well, but I doubt he has a chance. - (mmoffitt)
                                                             cmon now, the person you ran last go round - (boxley) - (11)
                                                                 Move to strike as non-responsive. - (Another Scott) - (10)
                                                                     Good $DEITY. Not the "not a Democrat!!!!111ONE!" thing again. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                                         Yes, it again. Why is it not an issue? -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                                             Because ... - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                                 Things change - (drook) - (1)
                                                                                     Love. It. ... ... Just What these two quotes illustrate.. - (Ashton)
                                                                     ROFL the rent a party winnahs from Arkansaw who hitched a ride to checks and glory - (boxley) - (4)
                                                                         (Almost) anyone who wins the primaries. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                                             not Kaine, he needs a rubber red nose and fright wig to go with his personality -NT - (boxley)
                                                                             Kaine can't win over Conservatives? Support for Right to Work wasn't enough? - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                                 Re: Kaine can't win over Conservatives? Support for Right to Work wasn't enough? - (Another Scott)
                                                             I thought of one for the top of the ticket. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                 He did good things, but never having held elective office, well... -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                     Insightful +5. That is: - (Ashton)
                                                                 maybe but he is unelectable - (boxley)
                                             how did that work for the repos during obama's second term run? -NT - (boxley)
                             Shall spare us both any line-by-line veto to above - (Ashton) - (5)
                                 We may be talking past each other. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                     I can go with that narrowed-focus-->on disgruntled 'disruptors', then :-) - (Ashton)
                                     Clinton National Committee? - (boxley) - (2)
                                         Nope. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                         A sailor is supposed to be loyal to his ship and her officers. Moran. -NT - (CRConrad)

My line is so beating the heck out of your stupid line. Fear my pink line. You have no chance. I am the undisputed lord of virtual tennis.
115 ms