IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New No, I think they'll run away.
With Kerry and others talking about possible economic sanctions, putting money into Russia (i.e. into Rubles) is risky. Thus that graph goes up - it takes more Rubles to buy a Dollar. Changing from Rubles to Dollars (or Yen or whatever) will get more expensive.

Of course currency speculation is dangerous and nobody knows what will happen from one day to the next (Roughly: "The quickest way to make a small fortune in the currency markets is to start with a large fortune." (though that may have been "commodities" rather than "currency").), but you get the idea.

Cheers,
Scott.
New No, that was airlines.
New That too. :-)
New "Was" is the operative word there.
With the consolidation, they're minting money now.
Alex

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

-- Isaac Asimov
     Interesting - The Ruble is weaker now then during the GrRec. - (Another Scott) - (21)
         dunno, with putin asserting (rightfully) control over the - (boxley) - (20)
             No, I think they'll run away. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 No, that was airlines. -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                     That too. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                     "Was" is the operative word there. - (a6l6e6x)
             Rightfully? - (pwhysall) - (2)
                 So the charge of the lightbrigade was against the tartars? - (boxley) - (1)
                     Sevastopol != Crimea - (pwhysall)
             Rightfully my ass! - (a6l6e6x) - (12)
                 So it was not part of the ukraine at the time of your birth - (boxley) - (11)
                     One hell of a cost in lives . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Check your Wikipedia. - (a6l6e6x) - (9)
                         I thought they already did? -NT - (boxley)
                         What about Turkey? - (static) - (7)
                             You're right! - (a6l6e6x) - (6)
                                 well that is why the Crimean war started inittially - (boxley) - (5)
                                     Russia was in an expansioinst mode. - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                                         they needed a warm water port and cuba was too far back then -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                             But hey, with global warming . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                         When the heck isn't it... -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                             when it is being invaded by the europeans or the turks -NT - (boxley)

They aim to win Wimbledon!
317 ms