IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Interesting
The Judge does appear to have them on a technical point in the CWA that appears to be written to cover navigable waterways. These streams are generally about 1 to 2 feet across...not even big enough for a toy boat.

HOWEVER...if the quote of the author of the article is correct...and the revised rules allow for the dumping of mine waste...then you are correct in saying that this is a very bad thing.

The practice of moving the overburden and then replacing it is the practice that has been going on all along. We have a Judge stretching the CWA to challenge the legality of permitting.

So you contend that its been illegal all along...I contend that it hasn't been...though the Judge would like to think it has been...but can only challenge on a jurisdictional basis...and on the qualifier of fill only being allowed for "constructive purpose".

But...I'll grant you being horrified at the "just dirt" comment in hindsight...as there does seem to be some question of whether it is simply overburden being discussed.

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New Appeasement
An honest difference of opinion? Yeah, I can handle that. You and I disagree on some particulars. That happens more often than not. My "aghast"comment was in regards to your "just dirt" comment while ignoring the legal argument. You cleared that up. I don't agree with you, but how often has that happned?

As much as I disagree with you, I still consider you a friend and respect you for your unflinching defense (mostly cogently) of the republican philosphy. I just find it hard to accept that an itelligent, self-respecting man could follow that philosphy
K-mart. The company that beat Microsoft in customer satisfaction.
New Ouch...
...while I do have some tendencies to "go repo"...I'm much farther gone than that:-)

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     EPA against clean water. - (Silverlock) - (43)
         ..if you'll stop throwing cig-butts in out urinals, - (Ashton)
         You do realize that they're talking about dirt. - (bepatient) - (41)
             May just be dirt - (JayMehaffey) - (4)
                 Well...it depends on what you mean by hazard... - (bepatient) - (2)
                     Beep? - (imric) - (1)
                         Pick pick pick - (bepatient)
                 Kewl, first REVERSE 'due'/'do' error I've seen; intentional? -NT - (CRConrad)
             Uh... Beep. - (imric)
             I am aghast. - (Silverlock) - (34)
                 Don't get me involved. - (Brandioch) - (7)
                     Cool... - (bepatient) - (6)
                         If the shoe fits, wear it. - (Brandioch) - (5)
                             Read the other post... - (bepatient) - (4)
                                 Case is here (.PDF). - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                     Al punte - in second link: - (Ashton) - (2)
                                         Make a buck now and poison land for the future? - (Brandioch) - (1)
                                             Propose: world meeting of Corp CIEIOS and BODs of top 1000 - (Ashton)
                 Shouldn't be... - (bepatient) - (25)
                     Yes I should. - (Silverlock) - (3)
                         Interesting - (bepatient) - (2)
                             Appeasement - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                 Ouch... - (bepatient)
                     Y'know Beep, despite your protests often - (Ashton) - (20)
                         It is hard to be humble... - (bepatient) - (19)
                             Thank you - That I can understand. - (Ashton) - (18)
                                 Zero-sum vs equilibrium - (Brandioch) - (17)
                                     Re: Zero-sum vs equilibrium - (bepatient) - (16)
                                         You make it far too easy. - (Brandioch) - (15)
                                             Sure... - (bepatient) - (14)
                                                 Just establishing criteria. - (Brandioch) - (13)
                                                     Not - (bepatient) - (12)
                                                         Let's take it from the top. - (Brandioch) - (11)
                                                             *Yawn* - (bepatient) - (10)
                                                                 Double *Yawn* - (CRConrad) - (9)
                                                                     Can you keep up? - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                                         With you? Dunno... But I *know* that *you* can keep up. - (CRConrad) - (7)
                                                                             Couple of things. - (bepatient)
                                                                             Inject some science here - (boxley)
                                                                             My observations. - (Brandioch) - (4)
                                                                                 Hmmm. - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                                                     Bill "Strawman" Patient. - (Brandioch) - (2)
                                                                                         Oh... - (bepatient)
                                                                                         there need not be 2 -NT - (bepatient)

They're a cornered rat, and quite frankly, I think they have rabies to boot. I'd rather not get too close to them.
106 ms