IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New If I offended you, I apologize.
I think people will have differing ideas about these topics based upon their own experiences. When I see what is happening in this country, I remember my late father's close friend, Kyril and his years in the Gulag for *what he said*. I remember being followed by KGB agents everywhere. I remember always referring to people we'd met in Soviet Russia as "my friend" and when the person under discussion wasn't clear to the person you were talking to, how you went into the bathroom, turned on every spigot full blast, leaned over into the sink and whispered the name into the ear of the other person. I remember looking for (and often finding) the microphones in every hotel room we stayed in while in the USSR. I remember seeing my classmate and friend Sergei accosted by agents as we were walking along the street and put in the back of a Zil to be interrogated about "What has the American told you?" I remember all of this crap in detail even though it happened more than 40 years ago and in reference to what has been happening in America I think to myself, "I know what the end game of this looks like." So, yeah, I'm guilty of getting a little emotional about this topic and I am vastly more accepting of the views of emoprogs (thanks for the new vocabulary btw) as a consequence. I feel this way and I never suffered anything myself over the kind of treatment millions have received that are the consequence of what we are tolerating right now.
New No offense taken, and none given, I hope.
Thanks.

If you're ever in Budapest, stop by the Terror House. It's an amazing place, and it's good that they've kept it open as a reminder.

http://www.terrorhaza.hu/en/index_2.html

Cheers,
Scott.
New Certainly none taken here, as well.
When Box takes the time to craft complete sentences--incidentally proving to any in doubt, that: he *Can--IMO this constitutes due respect for any sometimes-'opposition' ... nowadays so rarely seen elsewhere.
I deem IWE to be an Aberration in any event.. not merely for its I-net-remarkable longevity (In an ocean of anticipated impermanence) but, aside from a very-occasional flake,
we are that rarity: no dimwits hang-out here.
* Most here, I wot are aware of several instances when he has lapsed into flawless Queen's English, slyly enhancing his Point via the induced Gasps (?) Isn't that Cheating?!11ONE!!

Obviously this thread could not-today resolve the huge Question of ... call it, again maybe: Just How corrupt is America/are Americans.. anyway?
We each/all have duly noticed the paucity of ethical behavior within bizness, the too-often illegal performances of cops, today's literally Criminal behavior in Finance:
from Top to Bottom-feeders, in each category. No need (or space) to list several more groups.
Because there are forces clearly dedicated to maintaining as much chaos as possible (as we have ~~identified here, all along) and whose motives have often been dissected,
methinks we'll be experiencing many more cusps--likely in rapid-succession--before it could become clear, not just How Murica might survive/heal/smarten-up?--but If.

Meanwhile, as we remain in suspense, I trust it shall remain a pleasure to congregate here and try to keep these fuels from carrying-out their planned demolition-beyond-repair.

Hell.. IWE might have to form the First post-Apocalypse Cabinet!--should the ruling plutocrat Junta really screw the pooch, while raiding any scraps still left in the Treasury!.
New Nope, that's actually not the main effect.
Ash:
When Box takes the time to craft complete sentences--incidentally proving to any in doubt, that: he *Can-- [...] slyly enhancing his Point via the induced Gasps (?)
Nope. We knew that already, so the wow-can-he-actually-do-that? effect doesn't work any more; a surprise only works once.

The humongous annoyance of his usual fucking gibberish, though, works every fucking time. And far from being alleviated, it is of course only aggravated by this occasional proof that it IS actually intentional.

So, BOx-fucker: Write like the above all the time, please, or don't write at fucking all. Thank you.
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New It could be a Right- Left- Orthogonal- brain dysfunction,
in which case we might sympathize (or not.)

Still, possessing no (other) direct experience with organisms in which normal cell-division of the [÷2] mitosis-kind somehow became ... [÷3??]
I can't see how possibly I could empathize with some accidental metamorphosis of a discarded urine bag on some nameless asteroid in a belt around Uranus
[presuming that Urea is ~Galaxy-wide.]

Guess we have to be guided by the current Chair of Philosophy of Welcoming Aliens: Ripley.
(No telling what destruction even One--loose amidst the flock--might wreak.)

--premeditated Language-Murder-One, say? {{shudder}} :-0
New Sorry, was that intended only for the BOx?
Sounded like pure BOxlish to me; didn't understand a word.
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
New IF !=a bi-brain like 'us', but has a tri-brain? THEN:
Being alien: a likely explanation for: Mission Communication Impossible.
Just a theory..
     Greenwald's partner detained - (rcareaga) - (71)
         already there, just going to get worse -NT - (boxley)
         Hmm... - (Another Scott) - (54)
             It isn't surprising to anyone. - (mmoffitt) - (43)
                 Of course. Exactly right. <rolls-eyes> -NT - (Another Scott) - (42)
                     Boot lickers galore in that thread - (jake123) - (1)
                         From the inside looking out... - (folkert)
                     What are you roll-eyeing about, exactly? - (CRConrad) - (39)
                         Shades of grey are important. - (Another Scott) - (38)
                             "Potential"?!?Did they just "potentially" detain mr Miranda? - (CRConrad) - (37)
                                 Did they break the law in detaining him? - (Another Scott) - (32)
                                     Come on now, I think he's been pretty clear - (drook) - (3)
                                         Fine. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                             But Scott... - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                                 Thank you for the thoughtful response. I appreciate it. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     Stazi had the law on their side, what they did was legal -NT - (boxley) - (26)
                                         And??? - (Another Scott) - (25)
                                             No one here has claimed that - (rcareaga) - (22)
                                                 Brief answers. - (Another Scott) - (21)
                                                     just following orders - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                                         Dunno. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                             Hokay - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                                                 Bloody Cousin Joe, always stealing all my best lines! - (CRConrad)
                                                     You're scaring me.. - (Ashton) - (16)
                                                         Just my opinions... - (Another Scott) - (15)
                                                             Re: Just my opinions... - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                                                 they werren't lawyers were they? -NT - (boxley)
                                                             naw don't stop - (boxley) - (5)
                                                                 Good lord, boxley - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                                                     The misrepresentation was ... - (mmoffitt)
                                                                     I know that it was meant that their system would bury ours - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                         Agree; it was a collective effort, though.. - (Ashton)
                                                                 Driving While... Black, Indian, Homo? - (CRConrad)
                                                             If I offended you, I apologize. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                                                 No offense taken, and none given, I hope. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                                                     Certainly none taken here, as well. - (Ashton) - (4)
                                                                         Nope, that's actually not the main effect. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                                             It could be a Right- Left- Orthogonal- brain dysfunction, - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                                                 Sorry, was that intended only for the BOx? - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                                                     IF !=a bi-brain like 'us', but has a tri-brain? THEN: - (Ashton)
                                             think you skipped a paragraph - (boxley) - (1)
                                                 And the answer, of course, was provided in Nuremberg. - (CRConrad)
                                     Did I say what the Gestapo and Cheka did was illegal? - (CRConrad)
                                 IRLRPD - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                     ;^> - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         Naah; I think I introduced it here, to this gang... - (CRConrad)
                                     "Du bist Willkommen", as the Germans say. - (CRConrad)
             So, Scott... - (rcareaga) - (9)
                 I understand that appearance. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                     quod erat demonstrandum - (rcareaga) - (7)
                         Perhaps inartfully expressed. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                             My point being... - (rcareaga) - (5)
                                 Amen. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                 Reasonable points, but... - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                     Didja see the Movie - 2 Guns? - (folkert) - (2)
                                         I'll put it on the list. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                             If you watch it soon... - (folkert)
         Blowback already? - (mmoffitt) - (6)
             I'm Shocked, Shocked!!!11 - (Another Scott) - (5)
                 bwahahahaha - (boxley) - (4)
                     I imagine that voter still thinks - (rcareaga) - (3)
                         I think... - (folkert)
                         2008 was a bad year for me. I lost my naivete that year. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                             Don't get disillusioned. - (Another Scott)
         Wonkette's take. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             yes wonkette's preferences are noted in the comments - (boxley) - (1)
                 Was also said in the first paragraph. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         all perfectly legal - (rcareaga) - (1)
             Looks to me like they did an epic job of trolling the UK gov -NT - (jake123)
         Pierce weighs in - (rcareaga) - (2)
             Heh. -NT - (Another Scott)
             having worked around security types in the past - (boxley)

Their business was zero and it was shrinking.
138 ms