IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New naw don't stop
I start with a soviet shoe banging on the table saying they will bury us. They have, freedoms we took for granted are gone. New freedoms have arrived in the form of the civil rights act and others but the freedom to moce freely, associate with others are gone. In it's place is a system of checks usually by petty clerks with badges to see if you are allowed to go somewhere.
Cops have always profiled, always will. DWB DWI DWH are used depending on the jurisdiction you are in.
Too many times I have read or heard or watched cops using their authority to jail, arrest, beat people on a whim. In texas they are giving deep cavity searches to women totally against trooper regulations, texas law and common decency, because they can. I guarranty that higher up the food chain people are being targeted because of "gut instinct".
You didn't admire reagan and his Iran Contra antics did you? Why don't you check and see where Negreponte and Poindexter are up to now adays? From the early days of ther OSS to today our government does bad things to people. Sometimes bad people. A lot of it used to be illegal and a jail sentence was handed out if caught.
Now we have a giant get out of jail free card with the patriot act stapled to the front of it.
When I compare the NSA with the Stazi it is because they are both doing/did the work of the state. Collecting massive amounts of information about it's citizens and diseminating that information to anyone with a government badge on it that wants to use that information for any purpose they wish.
Do I think the average guy who goes to work at fort meade every day wear jackboots? No, The clerks who did the filing in Luybyanka worked hard, went home at the end of their shifts and got used to the screaming in the basement. Part of the job. Do what you are told. Get paid and keep your privileges. Of course the clerks at fort meade dont hear screaming unless its on a piece of information they are scanning
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Good lord, boxley
That was actually coherent. I could parse every sentence. Is it the lithium? BTW, only a couple of 'em were lawyers.

cordially,

Edit: Add this PS: You should be aware that when Khrushchev said* "We will bury you" he was employing an old Russian homily the sense of which was, as any native speaker would have understood, "We will outlive you; we will be present for your funeral." The Sovs never did get long-range planning right. It was misrepresented in the US press, and is still apparently misremembered, as having the sense of "We have Stakhonovite shock troops standing by to heap spadefuls of earth upon your still-living forms as you lie writhing in the trench."

*And he was wearing both shoes when he uttered the line.
Expand Edited by rcareaga Aug. 22, 2013, 10:29:05 AM EDT
New The misrepresentation was ...
both intentional and highly useful to the Military Industrial Complex. We're still paying for that.
New I know that it was meant that their system would bury ours
It has. Everytime someone in a cave in the hills of pahktunland see's a cameraphone vid on youtube of cops jamming their fingers up some lady's cranial cavity because she may have thrown a cigarette but on the highway, he laughs and sez "we did that"

Chaos at an airport. Moo lines of human cattle tickle them immensly.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Agree; it was a collective effort, though..
Khrushchev aside (however an early 'spiritual' antagonist to the US System)--yet unable to achieve a er, 'Red Plenty'-fulness of consumer gadgets amid simultaneous/massive military drain.

Count up the individual-Outrages committed by 'us'/U.S. in too-many nations, locales, times--the total #of people injured doesn't need steenkin numbers: it's staggering.
bin-L's utterly-cheap single (set of) Action!(s) was the Inflection Point though, IMO; add-in all those unfulfilled, persistent, individual feelings of Vengeance-denied:
..and 9/11 was >their< First physical==palpable event of striking-back at the Perpetrator of their loss, their pain and all that festering thirst for Vengeance ... against a (say) rich, bumbling and geographically-insulated bully.
[Pretty simplistic/lots glossed over that was Not-evil, etc. but I'd bet on that simple/unsorted Vengeance-thing as the commonality of n-people.]
bin-Laden may or may not have been prescient re. Murican response--at least to the devastating degree we now see was achieved.
(But he has to be the #1 Champion of max-ROI on any biz deal ever made, no?)

So.. now that we see ~ What we Are/ and have Been: how many of 'us' plan to become authentic humans, next?
Hmm?

Nobody Knoze..

Yet.

Cosmic Humor, perhaps?
New Driving While... Black, Indian, Homo?
And what kind of Indian (if any); "Birdie num-num" or "Paleface follow Tonto"?
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
     Greenwald's partner detained - (rcareaga) - (71)
         already there, just going to get worse -NT - (boxley)
         Hmm... - (Another Scott) - (54)
             It isn't surprising to anyone. - (mmoffitt) - (43)
                 Of course. Exactly right. <rolls-eyes> -NT - (Another Scott) - (42)
                     Boot lickers galore in that thread - (jake123) - (1)
                         From the inside looking out... - (folkert)
                     What are you roll-eyeing about, exactly? - (CRConrad) - (39)
                         Shades of grey are important. - (Another Scott) - (38)
                             "Potential"?!?Did they just "potentially" detain mr Miranda? - (CRConrad) - (37)
                                 Did they break the law in detaining him? - (Another Scott) - (32)
                                     Come on now, I think he's been pretty clear - (drook) - (3)
                                         Fine. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                             But Scott... - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                                 Thank you for the thoughtful response. I appreciate it. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     Stazi had the law on their side, what they did was legal -NT - (boxley) - (26)
                                         And??? - (Another Scott) - (25)
                                             No one here has claimed that - (rcareaga) - (22)
                                                 Brief answers. - (Another Scott) - (21)
                                                     just following orders - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                                         Dunno. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                             Hokay - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                                                 Bloody Cousin Joe, always stealing all my best lines! - (CRConrad)
                                                     You're scaring me.. - (Ashton) - (16)
                                                         Just my opinions... - (Another Scott) - (15)
                                                             Re: Just my opinions... - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                                                 they werren't lawyers were they? -NT - (boxley)
                                                             naw don't stop - (boxley) - (5)
                                                                 Good lord, boxley - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                                                     The misrepresentation was ... - (mmoffitt)
                                                                     I know that it was meant that their system would bury ours - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                         Agree; it was a collective effort, though.. - (Ashton)
                                                                 Driving While... Black, Indian, Homo? - (CRConrad)
                                                             If I offended you, I apologize. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                                                 No offense taken, and none given, I hope. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                                                     Certainly none taken here, as well. - (Ashton) - (4)
                                                                         Nope, that's actually not the main effect. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                                             It could be a Right- Left- Orthogonal- brain dysfunction, - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                                                 Sorry, was that intended only for the BOx? - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                                                     IF !=a bi-brain like 'us', but has a tri-brain? THEN: - (Ashton)
                                             think you skipped a paragraph - (boxley) - (1)
                                                 And the answer, of course, was provided in Nuremberg. - (CRConrad)
                                     Did I say what the Gestapo and Cheka did was illegal? - (CRConrad)
                                 IRLRPD - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                     ;^> - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         Naah; I think I introduced it here, to this gang... - (CRConrad)
                                     "Du bist Willkommen", as the Germans say. - (CRConrad)
             So, Scott... - (rcareaga) - (9)
                 I understand that appearance. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                     quod erat demonstrandum - (rcareaga) - (7)
                         Perhaps inartfully expressed. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                             My point being... - (rcareaga) - (5)
                                 Amen. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                 Reasonable points, but... - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                     Didja see the Movie - 2 Guns? - (folkert) - (2)
                                         I'll put it on the list. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                             If you watch it soon... - (folkert)
         Blowback already? - (mmoffitt) - (6)
             I'm Shocked, Shocked!!!11 - (Another Scott) - (5)
                 bwahahahaha - (boxley) - (4)
                     I imagine that voter still thinks - (rcareaga) - (3)
                         I think... - (folkert)
                         2008 was a bad year for me. I lost my naivete that year. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                             Don't get disillusioned. - (Another Scott)
         Wonkette's take. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             yes wonkette's preferences are noted in the comments - (boxley) - (1)
                 Was also said in the first paragraph. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         all perfectly legal - (rcareaga) - (1)
             Looks to me like they did an epic job of trolling the UK gov -NT - (jake123)
         Pierce weighs in - (rcareaga) - (2)
             Heh. -NT - (Another Scott)
             having worked around security types in the past - (boxley)

I cut down trees, I eat my lunch, I go to the lavatory!
188 ms