IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Blowback already?
Glenn Greenwald, the reporter who broke the news about secret U.S. surveillance programs said the authorities who took his partner into custody at London's Heathrow Airport "are going to regret what they did."

"I am going to write my stories a lot more aggressively now," the Guardian reporter told Brazil's Globo TV on Monday in Rio de Janeiro.

"I am going to publish many more documents now. I am going to publish a lot about England, too, I have a lot of documents about the espionage system in England. Now my focus is going to be that as well."
"If the UK and U.S. governments believe that tactics like this are going to deter or intimidate us in any way from continuing to report aggressively on what these documents reveal, they are beyond deluded," said Greenwald.

"If anything, it will have only the opposite effect: to embolden us even further."

http://www.cnn.com/2...ex.html?hpt=hp_t2
New I'm Shocked, Shocked!!!11
http://narcosphere.n...-writes-the-field from July 2008 (~ 4 months before the election):

That is an extraordinary claim to make -- in your desperate effort to defend Barack Obama in all that He does -- and I simply asked for your basis for the claim. Given how you responded, it doesn't surprise me that you would find a very simple, politely stated request of that kind to be offensive.

Greenwald's dreamed of bringing Obama down since before he was even elected. I'd expect nothing less of him than to throw a tantrum now.

FWIW.

Cheers,
Scott.
New bwahahahaha
from the comments
I'm still voting for Obama for President.
If he gets the center seat he can make changes in FISA (with the help of a Democratic Congress).
Obama gave his explanation; I'm not crazy about it, but I understand it.
Mc Cain won't do anything about FISA.
I wonder what that voter thinks now?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New I imagine that voter still thinks
that he voted for the lesser of two evils in 2008. He's probably unhappy, as I am, at how much less "lesser" he got.

cordially,
New I think...
We got the lesser of two evils in 2012.

But the bar was set MUCH LOWER for both candidates... and the RMoney bar was so low that I doubt an ant could go under it unscathed.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
PGP key 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0 2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
New 2008 was a bad year for me. I lost my naivete that year.
When the Indiana State Board of Elections told me that my vote "would be too difficult to count and wouldn't change the outcome" so they decided to disenfranchise me.
New Don't get disillusioned.
Organize and vote out Connie Lawson and her cohorts. http://www.in.gov/sos/2363.htm

They want you (and everyone else) to be disillusioned. Don't give in.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Greenwald's partner detained - (rcareaga) - (71)
         already there, just going to get worse -NT - (boxley)
         Hmm... - (Another Scott) - (54)
             It isn't surprising to anyone. - (mmoffitt) - (43)
                 Of course. Exactly right. <rolls-eyes> -NT - (Another Scott) - (42)
                     Boot lickers galore in that thread - (jake123) - (1)
                         From the inside looking out... - (folkert)
                     What are you roll-eyeing about, exactly? - (CRConrad) - (39)
                         Shades of grey are important. - (Another Scott) - (38)
                             "Potential"?!?Did they just "potentially" detain mr Miranda? - (CRConrad) - (37)
                                 Did they break the law in detaining him? - (Another Scott) - (32)
                                     Come on now, I think he's been pretty clear - (drook) - (3)
                                         Fine. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                             But Scott... - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                                 Thank you for the thoughtful response. I appreciate it. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     Stazi had the law on their side, what they did was legal -NT - (boxley) - (26)
                                         And??? - (Another Scott) - (25)
                                             No one here has claimed that - (rcareaga) - (22)
                                                 Brief answers. - (Another Scott) - (21)
                                                     just following orders - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                                         Dunno. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                             Hokay - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                                                 Bloody Cousin Joe, always stealing all my best lines! - (CRConrad)
                                                     You're scaring me.. - (Ashton) - (16)
                                                         Just my opinions... - (Another Scott) - (15)
                                                             Re: Just my opinions... - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                                                 they werren't lawyers were they? -NT - (boxley)
                                                             naw don't stop - (boxley) - (5)
                                                                 Good lord, boxley - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                                                     The misrepresentation was ... - (mmoffitt)
                                                                     I know that it was meant that their system would bury ours - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                         Agree; it was a collective effort, though.. - (Ashton)
                                                                 Driving While... Black, Indian, Homo? - (CRConrad)
                                                             If I offended you, I apologize. - (mmoffitt) - (6)
                                                                 No offense taken, and none given, I hope. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                                                     Certainly none taken here, as well. - (Ashton) - (4)
                                                                         Nope, that's actually not the main effect. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                                             It could be a Right- Left- Orthogonal- brain dysfunction, - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                                                 Sorry, was that intended only for the BOx? - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                                                     IF !=a bi-brain like 'us', but has a tri-brain? THEN: - (Ashton)
                                             think you skipped a paragraph - (boxley) - (1)
                                                 And the answer, of course, was provided in Nuremberg. - (CRConrad)
                                     Did I say what the Gestapo and Cheka did was illegal? - (CRConrad)
                                 IRLRPD - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                     ;^> - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         Naah; I think I introduced it here, to this gang... - (CRConrad)
                                     "Du bist Willkommen", as the Germans say. - (CRConrad)
             So, Scott... - (rcareaga) - (9)
                 I understand that appearance. - (Another Scott) - (8)
                     quod erat demonstrandum - (rcareaga) - (7)
                         Perhaps inartfully expressed. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                             My point being... - (rcareaga) - (5)
                                 Amen. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                 Reasonable points, but... - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                     Didja see the Movie - 2 Guns? - (folkert) - (2)
                                         I'll put it on the list. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                             If you watch it soon... - (folkert)
         Blowback already? - (mmoffitt) - (6)
             I'm Shocked, Shocked!!!11 - (Another Scott) - (5)
                 bwahahahaha - (boxley) - (4)
                     I imagine that voter still thinks - (rcareaga) - (3)
                         I think... - (folkert)
                         2008 was a bad year for me. I lost my naivete that year. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                             Don't get disillusioned. - (Another Scott)
         Wonkette's take. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             yes wonkette's preferences are noted in the comments - (boxley) - (1)
                 Was also said in the first paragraph. ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
         all perfectly legal - (rcareaga) - (1)
             Looks to me like they did an epic job of trolling the UK gov -NT - (jake123)
         Pierce weighs in - (rcareaga) - (2)
             Heh. -NT - (Another Scott)
             having worked around security types in the past - (boxley)

Well, as long as you can bottle it up I'm sure that's perfectly healthy.
222 ms