IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New For completeness, one last thing on the Lee story.
http://www.washingto...009_02/017063.php

Jindal has told the same story quite a few times.

Now, the governor bringing up Harry Lee is itself problematic, given the former sheriff's controversial background with racism. But then there's that other issue: did any of this actually happen? Was Lee fighting a bureaucracy in the midst of a crisis? Did Jindal come to his aid? Did "some bureaucrat" interfere with a rescue effort?

We can't ask Lee for his version of events; he died in 2007. But there's ample evidence that Jindal has ... how do I put this gently ... taken some liberties.

Zachary Roth did some digging and found some interesting details. First, for example, Lee later acknowledged that he "didn't find out about the license and registration issue until about seven days after the incident." Second, Jindal couldn't have seen Lee arguing during the crisis, since Jindal wasn't in New Orleans while people were stranded on roofs. Third, as Roth documents, details of Jindal's story have "evolved" over time.

Jindal's anecdote is, to be sure, a great story. It'd be even better if it were true.

(See the WM link for the embedded links.)

Cheers,
Scott.
New sigh. fer grins I will colloude with J
throw you under a rug and let you out in non urbane southern areas with full access to the locals. You will probably survive just a few pounds heavier but with a better appreciation of fun and federalism. heck you may even enjoy it
     Jindal's speech was horrible. - (Another Scott) - (25)
         I'Twas that; dinosaur with effete intro-lilt, then seppuku - (Ashton)
         I didnt watch either speech - (boxley) - (23)
             That sounded fake to me. - (Another Scott) - (22)
                 Jaysus are you that picky in church? - (boxley) - (19)
                     I know what he was trying to do. - (Another Scott) - (17)
                         of course he was spounting the party line, its his party - (boxley) - (16)
                             Republican Context? - (Another Scott) - (13)
                                 wtf? trivializing pregnancy? - (boxley) - (10)
                                     Did he say anything about insurance otherwise? - (Another Scott)
                                     Some more comments... - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                         ?? maybe I missed something - (boxley) - (1)
                                             I'm having trouble parsing that. - (Another Scott)
                                         maybe one more try then I am done (on this thread) - (boxley)
                                         not at all jaded, are you? - (beepster) - (1)
                                             Sometimes yes, sometimes no. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     Rush the Entertainer. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                         Re: Rush the Entertainer. - (malraux) - (1)
                                             Maybe. - (Another Scott)
                                 Republican Context? - I love it - (crazy) - (1)
                                     of course, its their party innit? didnt drl predict this :-) -NT - (boxley)
                             Vox pop: the conscience of a 'conservative' - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 exactly, from yer link - (boxley)
                     Sadly, the problem is that the point - (jake123)
                 For completeness, one last thing on the Lee story. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     sigh. fer grins I will colloude with J - (boxley)

Strong in the elbows but weak in the knees.
277 ms