IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And I'll continue to insist
that it is nowhere near as >easy< a situation as you make it sound. If management and directors know that people are the heart of the enterprise, then it simply cannot be divorced by moving one step up the chain to senior management.

So what you have is the group that is often forced to make the quite difficult decision of people versus the cost of that resource.

The pervasive attitude is that by virtue of being granted title CEO, it automatically means that this decision becomes simple..screw the workers. I reject that as no better or less prejudicial than the blanket assumption that all blacks are better athletes and white men can't jump...etc.

It may hold for some. It is likely NOT the majority..and as I've said...if Drew is lucky enough to build his own little cookbook fiefdom...I think he may change his tune when he becomes CEO of "How to Cook Like Your Grandmother, Inc."
I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
New Red card, player ejected
"I reject that as no better or less prejudicial than the blanket assumption that all blacks are better athletes and white men can't jump...etc."

Becoming CEO is something you work very hard to achieve. Being black/white is something you're born with. You really think it's not reasonable to suspect that a self-selected group of people who have aspired to CEO-dom might share some other personality traits?

Or are you suggesting that being a CEO is just something your born with?
--

Drew
New No, what I'm rejecting
is the blanket generalization.

All CEOs are bad, greedy, etc.

All accountants are boring, nerdy types.

All programmers are shut ins that only drink coke and eat pizza.

IMnsHO, these things are no better, no worse, no less prejudicial in practice than statements based on race, religion, etc.

Doesn't everyone aspire to their own measure of success?

Aren't you doing that right now?
New Ahh, now I get it
I should treat all corporate officers as individuals, ignoring the demonstrated prevalence of certain personality traits and behaviors among that group.

But corporations need only care about employees in the aggregate.

Okay, that makes it very clear where you stand.
--

Drew
New Obviously it doesn't
because you're missing the point entirely and sticking with your prejudice.

Point being that these people are responsible for balancing your survival with the survival of everyone else involved. Your co-workers, your customers, your suppliers, your shareholders.

Your base assumption, based on your prejudice, is that "those people", THEM, the EVIL CEOs, all of them, find the decisions that impact your life easy..in fact, they seem to enjoy your suffering at their hands. And I say to you, when you get to the point, and you may, where you have other's lives in your hands, you may end up realizing what I'm saying and agree.

I did not say that corps only must care about you in aggregate...they must provide for you as an individual and at the same time provide for "YOU" in aggregate and at the same time make decisions that impact both you and YOU.

great, my electric bill is gonna go thru the roof - (boxley) - (58)
         Question - (drook) - (57)
             question does a volume user get discounts? - (boxley) - (6)
                 "Punish" is a loaded word - (drook) - (5)
                     okay, push extra cost on "thing" that provides - (boxley) - (4)
                         Yeah, making manufacturers pay the true costs is so onerous -NT - (drook) - (3)
                             I missed something I think - (boxley) - (2)
                                 I'm not allowed to spew sulfer and ash on my neighbor's yard -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                     thats why I suggested fines and incentives for fixing that - (boxley)
             Excuse me? - (beepster) - (49)
                 Ahh, okay - (drook) - (1)
                     Re: Ahh, okay - (beepster)
                 Wrong. They can - (jake123) - (46)
                     nothing wrong with unions as long as they are a partner -NT - (boxley) - (44)
                         As in partner in the business? - (drook) - (43)
                             do you earn your nut? - (boxley) - (42)
                                 Do *they* earn it? - (drook) - (41)
                                     Some will, some won't - (beepster) - (40)
                                         Then clearly I should be more grateful than I am - (drook) - (39)
                                             no, grateful is the wrong word - (boxley)
                                             Why? - (beepster) - (37)
                                                 Look at the comment that started this branch - (drook) - (36)
                                                     And I will say to that... - (beepster) - (35)
                                                         History does not support your prognosis -NT - (jake123) - (6)
                                                             caw? My old man suffered crippling strikes for the future of - (boxley) - (5)
                                                                 Box - (jake123) - (4)
                                                                     old man was a shop steward for uaw - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                         Re: old man was a shop steward for uaw - (jake123) - (2)
                                                                             no question, back in the 60's - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                 I was thinking more about the tens and twenties - (jake123)
                                                         Corporations are many-headed monsters. - (Another Scott) - (12)
                                                             And I'll continue to insist - (beepster) - (4)
                                                                 Red card, player ejected - (drook) - (3)
                                                                     No, what I'm rejecting - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                         Ahh, now I get it - (drook) - (1)
                                                                             Obviously it doesn't - (beepster)
                                                             how many board level folks have you chatted with? - (boxley) - (6)
                                                                 Then explain ... - (drook) - (5)
                                                                     Thou sayest. -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                     what is the long term effect on their stock price compared. - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                         If it worked the way Adam Smith said, things would be better - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                             Re: If it worked the way Adam Smith said, things would be be - (beepster)
                                                                             thanks for making my point - (boxley)
                                                         Key phrase in there - (drook) - (14)
                                                             Re: Key phrase in there - (beepster) - (13)
                                                                 I see no 'explanation' - (Ashton) - (12)
                                                                     put this in your pipe and smoke it - (boxley) - (11)
                                                                         Private companies are different. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                             aug 2004 isnt that long ago - (boxley)
                                                                         Won't light, must be wet - (drook) - (8)
                                                                             Is he not a CEO? - (beepster) - (7)
                                                                                 So what's your argument now? - (drook) - (6)
                                                                                     Shouldn't I be asking you that? - (beepster) - (5)
                                                                                         Again, look at what started this - (drook) - (4)
                                                                                             Ok - (beepster)
                                                                                             good, back on point - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                                                 I figure unions are like advertising - (drook) - (1)
                                                                                                     ICLRPD -NT - (folkert)
                     Not 100% - (beepster)

Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.
161 ms