IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ahh, okay
So we should never do anything that will cost large corporations more, because it will end up costing poor people the most. I guess that's the other side of trickle down theory?
--

Drew
New Re: Ahh, okay
ah, okay, we should cripple our economy by putting forth a government sponsored ponzi scheme all by ourselves that will have little positive impact because the real growth in CO2 levels will be coming from the other side of the planet.

How about we provide incentives for investment in scrubbers instead of simply tacking on huge amounts of government imposes expense that will be paid by you and I..not the evil corporations you seem to think these fees will somehow change. You cannot flip a switch and replace 60% of the grid by taxing the utilities.

If we actually do create a good scrubbing tech, we could actually SELL it to the far east instead of handing them the global economy on a plate.

I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
     great, my electric bill is gonna go thru the roof - (boxley) - (58)
         Question - (drook) - (57)
             question does a volume user get discounts? - (boxley) - (6)
                 "Punish" is a loaded word - (drook) - (5)
                     okay, push extra cost on "thing" that provides - (boxley) - (4)
                         Yeah, making manufacturers pay the true costs is so onerous -NT - (drook) - (3)
                             I missed something I think - (boxley) - (2)
                                 I'm not allowed to spew sulfer and ash on my neighbor's yard -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                     thats why I suggested fines and incentives for fixing that - (boxley)
             Excuse me? - (beepster) - (49)
                 Ahh, okay - (drook) - (1)
                     Re: Ahh, okay - (beepster)
                 Wrong. They can - (jake123) - (46)
                     nothing wrong with unions as long as they are a partner -NT - (boxley) - (44)
                         As in partner in the business? - (drook) - (43)
                             do you earn your nut? - (boxley) - (42)
                                 Do *they* earn it? - (drook) - (41)
                                     Some will, some won't - (beepster) - (40)
                                         Then clearly I should be more grateful than I am - (drook) - (39)
                                             no, grateful is the wrong word - (boxley)
                                             Why? - (beepster) - (37)
                                                 Look at the comment that started this branch - (drook) - (36)
                                                     And I will say to that... - (beepster) - (35)
                                                         History does not support your prognosis -NT - (jake123) - (6)
                                                             caw? My old man suffered crippling strikes for the future of - (boxley) - (5)
                                                                 Box - (jake123) - (4)
                                                                     old man was a shop steward for uaw - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                         Re: old man was a shop steward for uaw - (jake123) - (2)
                                                                             no question, back in the 60's - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                 I was thinking more about the tens and twenties - (jake123)
                                                         Corporations are many-headed monsters. - (Another Scott) - (12)
                                                             And I'll continue to insist - (beepster) - (4)
                                                                 Red card, player ejected - (drook) - (3)
                                                                     No, what I'm rejecting - (beepster) - (2)
                                                                         Ahh, now I get it - (drook) - (1)
                                                                             Obviously it doesn't - (beepster)
                                                             how many board level folks have you chatted with? - (boxley) - (6)
                                                                 Then explain ... - (drook) - (5)
                                                                     Thou sayest. -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                     what is the long term effect on their stock price compared. - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                         If it worked the way Adam Smith said, things would be better - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                             Re: If it worked the way Adam Smith said, things would be be - (beepster)
                                                                             thanks for making my point - (boxley)
                                                         Key phrase in there - (drook) - (14)
                                                             Re: Key phrase in there - (beepster) - (13)
                                                                 I see no 'explanation' - (Ashton) - (12)
                                                                     put this in your pipe and smoke it - (boxley) - (11)
                                                                         Private companies are different. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                                             aug 2004 isnt that long ago - (boxley)
                                                                         Won't light, must be wet - (drook) - (8)
                                                                             Is he not a CEO? - (beepster) - (7)
                                                                                 So what's your argument now? - (drook) - (6)
                                                                                     Shouldn't I be asking you that? - (beepster) - (5)
                                                                                         Again, look at what started this - (drook) - (4)
                                                                                             Ok - (beepster)
                                                                                             good, back on point - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                                                 I figure unions are like advertising - (drook) - (1)
                                                                                                     ICLRPD -NT - (folkert)
                     Not 100% - (beepster)

* "The futexes are also cursed."
* "But they come in a choice of three flavours!"
136 ms