IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Wow.
FIAT's been the weakest of the western car companies for so long, I'm surprised that you're so enthusiastic about the proposed deal.

It's their quality, and reputation for poor quality, that killed them in the US - not that they were foreign.

Let's hope it works out for the sake of Chrysler's workers, but I'm not optimistic. There's a world-wide glut in auto manufacturing and weaker players are going to lose out during this downturn.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Not so sure about that.
Won COTY for europe last year, have long since dealt with q issues, own 2 high profile sports car brands in Ferrari and Maserati.

My remembrance of their US downfall was more related to them losing share to the Japanese in their small cars with quality at that time that was roughly equal (Datsun and Toyota weren't exactly stellar builders yet..they got better) and the fact that oil got cheap again in late 70s dried up the small car market.

Fond remembrances of my fathers "oldsmobile"...

http://www.design-ca...00px-Fiat_500.jpg

couldn't kill it.

I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
New Ferrari is running the show these days
A couple of years ago, Fiat was in worse shape than Chrysler. It was essentially still run by the Agnelli family. That unravelled for various reasons and the company was half a step away from going broke. Ferrari was the only part that was working properly and their CEO took over management of the whole company.
New Which was a stroke of genius...
To have someone who knows how to build a brand and keep a brnad running smoothly and run a company that way...

whodathunkit.
     Weird Fiat - Chrysler deal - (jay) - (27)
         Not weird. Smart - (beepster) - (4)
             Wow. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 Not so sure about that. - (beepster) - (2)
                     Ferrari is running the show these days - (scoenye) - (1)
                         Which was a stroke of genius... - (folkert)
         The only Fiat owner I knew used to say that the only... - (a6l6e6x) - (21)
             used to own a alfa (cheap sedan) threw fiat parts - (boxley)
             Re: The only Fiat owner I knew used to say that the only... - (beepster)
             These days, in Europe... - (pwhysall) - (18)
                 Also... - (pwhysall) - (13)
                     I'd agree there... barring one. - (folkert)
                     beg to differ - (boxley) - (11)
                         Those are not able to be compared. -NT - (folkert)
                         Ooh, doesn't look like a Matchbox car any more - (drook)
                         Your eyes are broken. -NT - (pwhysall) - (8)
                             no, one looks like a cheap arsed version. - (boxley) - (7)
                                 The viper is many things. - (pwhysall) - (6)
                                     depends on the viewer doesnt it? - (boxley) - (5)
                                         Well, one of 'em is a bit fragile looking . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                                             I'd like to be in between them, too -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                                 either or all 4? -NT - (boxley)
                                             naw, this is brutish, sfw - (boxley) - (1)
                                                 That's Mrs. Conan . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 Good to hear. I hope they bring the 500 here. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     The 500 Abarth looks like a hoot to drive. -NT - (pwhysall)
                 You mean they've finally dumped Magneti Marelli? - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                     Guess I'll have to dredge up sometime, my little visit - (Ashton)

As you wish.
66 ms