IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Such tales through the decades have convinced me that..
"Storage" >in perpetuo< of digital Yes/Noes is largely a Myth.

Unless multiple copies are made, each verified (in a completely separate/dupe system mirroring the Desired One): via actual reload, not once but n-times, and periodically re-verified by the same time-wasting process:

You Ain't {RILLY...} got Shite.
(Just a warm fuzzy that, maybe.. ya gots a few pieces. If ya pays the Recovery Folk for their boat payments needs.)

OH and: even doing above, best lay away (and periodically test, troubleshoot, renew) the 3-5 separate == 'backup' [Readers + s/ware] -- of whatever 'medium' gave you the warm fuzzies when the Marketing guy layed it on ya. That is, if you Really Really 'NEED' those bits.

Have I missed a step? or 12.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
-- H.L. Mencken
New there is only one reliable backup
several hard copies placed in several papers to resurrect the books after failure. Everything else is a crapshoot
     How do I love Linux...let me count the ways! - (beepster) - (25)
         /me has really stopped preaching now... - (folkert) - (24)
             Ar. - (malraux)
             rather backup than raid. - (boxley) - (15)
                 Don't put it off. - (Another Scott) - (14)
                     dont need a bootable backup - (boxley)
                     Bootable? - (beepster) - (12)
                         In my case, it was necessary. - (Another Scott) - (11)
                             The Cosmos is in vengeance mode - - per this thread - (Ashton) - (4)
                                 Try some different writing software. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                     Re: Try some different writing software. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                         I found something called ImgBurn for the same purpose. - (static)
                                 Thanks, tipsters - (Ashton)
                             Well, it was worth a shot, I guess... - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                 Never say die.. say DAMN! - (Ashton) - (4)
                                     Should have looked around a little more... - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                         Woot! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                             :-) No jumpers. It's the standard SATA setup. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                         Nice. Save. - (Ashton)
             Sounds a lot like UPSs. - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                 Re: Sounds a lot like UPSs. - (folkert)
                 Or tape backups. - (static) - (4)
                     I had one client . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                         Hah. - (static) - (2)
                             Such tales through the decades have convinced me that.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 there is only one reliable backup - (boxley)

bash#_
54 ms