1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New May I jump in and ask a question?
How about these two

Bill Gates
Michael Dell

They found their niche while in college. Left and made a lot of money. And so have a large number of other very successful people.

Why does his one "failure" override his achievements? He seems to be setting a very good role for others to follow, imho.

There are thousands who graduate from college and perform great services and wonderful deeds. But they don't get the press, so they cannot be used as a national role model. Right or wrong, athletes get the coverage.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. (Herm Albright)
New Good point
Has anyone read Rich Dad, Poor Dad? It throws the old paradigm of "go to school, make good grades, get a good job" right out the window.

It's obvious that Tiger is educated and that knowledge is important to him. He's probably a voracious reader. Reading is by far the key to anyone being successful...whether in school or business.

If he promoted reading to youngsters, that would be a good thing.
Smile,
Amy
New Re: Good point
HISTORY

Since its inception in 1996 by Tiger Woods and his father Earl, the Tiger Woods Foundation has reached an estimated 10 million young people through various programs including the Tiger Woods Learning Center, the Start Something character development program, the TWF Programmatic Grants and Youth Clinics.

\ufffdThe road to reaching 10 million kids has been an amazing journey, and I\ufffdm extremely proud of what we\ufffdve accomplished,\ufffd Founder Tiger Woods said. \ufffdI\ufffdm so grateful to everyone who has shared our vision for the past decade. We\ufffdve come a long way in 10 years, and this is just the beginning.\ufffd

Programs developed through the Tiger Woods Foundation all share a similar mission of empowering young people to dream big and set specific goals to achieve their dreams.

\ufffdWe wouldn\ufffdt be able to celebrate this milestone without my Dad\ufffds vision\ufffd Woods added. \ufffdHis core values are reflected in everything we do, and the millions of kids we\ufffdve reached are a tremendous legacy to his powerful message of caring and sharing.\ufffd

In addition to positively affecting the lives of an estimated 10 million young people, TWF has also raised and dispersed more than $30 million to communities nationwide through grants, scholarships and the Tiger Woods Learning Center. Fundraising efforts include the Target World Challenge presented by Countrywide, Tiger Jam presented by AT&T, the TWLC Block Party, the TWF Youth Clinics, the TWLC fundraising campaign and various generous corporate and individual donations.

\ufffdThere are many corporations, foundations and individual donors that have done amazing work to help foster TWF\ufffds growth these last 10 years,\ufffd Foundation President Gregory T. McLaughlin said. \ufffdWe are so thankful for their continued vision, support and dedication.\ufffd

Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New there ya go
Thumbs up in my book :)
Smile,
Amy
New Yeah.
I want my kids looking up to Bill Gates.
[image|/forums/images/warning.png|0|This is sarcasm...]
bcnu,
Mikem

Microsoft Vista. The best reason ever to buy a Mac.
     Berry Bonds is the Bush of Baseball - (tablizer) - (42)
         does tiger woods cheat? - (boxley) - (41)
             Yes. - (mmoffitt) - (40)
                 You know not of what you speak. -NT - (bepatient) - (39)
                     Wrong, Bluto. - (mmoffitt) - (38)
                         Oh, I don't think so. - (bepatient) - (37)
                             Fitness my @ss. - (mmoffitt) - (36)
                                 I'll give you... - (bepatient) - (35)
                                     I'll give you... - (mmoffitt) - (34)
                                         He went for 2 years - (bepatient) - (33)
                                             2 years != enrolled Fall 95 and exited Aug 96 - (mmoffitt) - (32)
                                                 Read much? Fall >94< through summer 96. - (bepatient) - (31)
                                                     "Set goals and work hard?" Like finish school? - (mmoffitt) - (30)
                                                         He can always go back to college. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                             Maybe I am too harsh on him. - (mmoffitt)
                                                         You didn't answer the fundamental question. - (bepatient) - (27)
                                                             You can't answer for me. - (mmoffitt) - (26)
                                                                 I know the names of the Challenger astronauts. - (bepatient) - (23)
                                                                     In a nutshell. Our difference is this. - (mmoffitt) - (22)
                                                                         Not even close. - (bepatient) - (14)
                                                                             Miss the ;0)? - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                                                                 No I didn't. - (bepatient) - (12)
                                                                                     I don't feel sorry for Tiger. - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                                                                                         That much is obvious - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                                                             You have a point. Sort of. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                                                                                 Which school - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                                                                     Saying I'm wrong doesn't make it so. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                                                         We're getting nowhere so might as well stop. -NT - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                                             Amen. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                                                                 Isn't an underlying assumption in all of this... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                                                     Finishing school wouldn't have changed his appeal at all. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                                                         Sadly, there are only a vanishing-few examples of This - (Ashton)
                                                                                         why are you insulting asians? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                             I'm not. - (mmoffitt)
                                                                         Whataprick - (crazy) - (1)
                                                                             naw, he's just pissed that he finished school - (boxley)
                                                                         May I jump in and ask a question? - (jbrabeck) - (4)
                                                                             Good point - (imqwerky) - (2)
                                                                                 Re: Good point - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                     there ya go - (imqwerky)
                                                                             Yeah. - (mmoffitt)
                                                                 I have been to colleges to lecture and demonstrate - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                     I guess I was in the 4% then. Thanks. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)

You just don't see sideburns like that anymore!
91 ms