IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Which school
because, again, your projection is assuming that all these kids will have access to college. They won't.

For those that won't, having someone successful tell them that the path to that success means working hard to achieve is something to be promoted.

You have him lumped in with folks that are on record saying "practice? practice?" and a bunch of others who don't work hard, tell everyone they don't work hard and are openly combative with the very organizations that allowed them their success. (or worse, in the case of vick, jones, et al).

We're not talking about an absolute criteria. If we had our choice of who these kids looked up to, I am with you that my first choice would NOT be from athletics. We don't get that choice...and given a choice of ANY athlete of color to put in front of these kids I'm likely to pick Tiger. He's extremely talented YET he still works harder than anyone with half his game and he promotes a high calibre message to kids about goal setting.

Your stated position that he's no better than any other black athlete is simply wrong.

Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Saying I'm wrong doesn't make it so.
The message of his example is just as bad as any other athlete's. Of course, I'm projecting again. That's only true if you believe that staying in school is a good idea.
bcnu,
Mikem

Microsoft Vista. The best reason ever to buy a Mac.
New We're getting nowhere so might as well stop.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Amen.
bcnu,
Mikem

Microsoft Vista. The best reason ever to buy a Mac.
     Berry Bonds is the Bush of Baseball - (tablizer) - (42)
         does tiger woods cheat? - (boxley) - (41)
             Yes. - (mmoffitt) - (40)
                 You know not of what you speak. -NT - (bepatient) - (39)
                     Wrong, Bluto. - (mmoffitt) - (38)
                         Oh, I don't think so. - (bepatient) - (37)
                             Fitness my @ss. - (mmoffitt) - (36)
                                 I'll give you... - (bepatient) - (35)
                                     I'll give you... - (mmoffitt) - (34)
                                         He went for 2 years - (bepatient) - (33)
                                             2 years != enrolled Fall 95 and exited Aug 96 - (mmoffitt) - (32)
                                                 Read much? Fall >94< through summer 96. - (bepatient) - (31)
                                                     "Set goals and work hard?" Like finish school? - (mmoffitt) - (30)
                                                         He can always go back to college. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                             Maybe I am too harsh on him. - (mmoffitt)
                                                         You didn't answer the fundamental question. - (bepatient) - (27)
                                                             You can't answer for me. - (mmoffitt) - (26)
                                                                 I know the names of the Challenger astronauts. - (bepatient) - (23)
                                                                     In a nutshell. Our difference is this. - (mmoffitt) - (22)
                                                                         Not even close. - (bepatient) - (14)
                                                                             Miss the ;0)? - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                                                                                 No I didn't. - (bepatient) - (12)
                                                                                     I don't feel sorry for Tiger. - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                                                                                         That much is obvious - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                                                             You have a point. Sort of. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                                                                                 Which school - (bepatient) - (3)
                                                                                                     Saying I'm wrong doesn't make it so. - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                                                                         We're getting nowhere so might as well stop. -NT - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                                             Amen. -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                                                                 Isn't an underlying assumption in all of this... - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                                                     Finishing school wouldn't have changed his appeal at all. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                                                                                                         Sadly, there are only a vanishing-few examples of This - (Ashton)
                                                                                         why are you insulting asians? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                             I'm not. - (mmoffitt)
                                                                         Whataprick - (crazy) - (1)
                                                                             naw, he's just pissed that he finished school - (boxley)
                                                                         May I jump in and ask a question? - (jbrabeck) - (4)
                                                                             Good point - (imqwerky) - (2)
                                                                                 Re: Good point - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                     there ya go - (imqwerky)
                                                                             Yeah. - (mmoffitt)
                                                                 I have been to colleges to lecture and demonstrate - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                     I guess I was in the 4% then. Thanks. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)

Like when you're stuck in a traffic jam for an hour only to learn that the root cause was somebody on the roadside losing a piece of their McGriddle between their plump thighs.
84 ms