IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New They drive like maniacs near me
I am afraid to drive on the highways. It seems the repeat offenders hardly ever get caught. I've often wondered how they ever got their license driving like that, my Uncle told me that they must have had a brother or sister or someone that looked like them take the driving test and written test for them.

I had a web site up at Tripos on St. Louis Driving rules, but Tripos seems to be having a permissions problem after Lycos bought them out?

Here it is, unless the HTML gets mangled up somehow:

1. A right lane construction closure is just a game to see how many people can cut in line by passing you on the right as you sit in the left lane waiting for the same jerks to squeeze their way back in before hitting the orange construction barrels.

2. Turn signals are clues as to your next move. A real St. Louis driver never uses them.

3. Under no circumstances should you leave a safe distance between you and the car in front of you or the space will be filled in by somebody else putting you in an even more dangerous situation.

4. Crossing two or more lanes in a single lane change is considered "going with the flow."

5. The faster you drive through a red light, the smaller the chance you have of getting hit.

6. Never get in the way of a older car that needs extensive body work. Missouri is a no-fault insurance state and the other guy doesn't have anything to lose.

7. Braking is to be done as hard and late as possible to ensure that your ABS kicks in giving a nice relaxing foot massage as the brake pedal pulsates. For those of you without ABS, it's a chance to stretch your legs.

8. Construction signs tell you about road closures immediately after you pass the last exit before the traffic begins to back up.

9. The new electronic traffic warning system signs are not there to provide useful information. They are only there to make St. Louis look high-tech and to distract you from seeing the St Louis County police car parked in the median.

10. Never pass on the left when you can pass on the right. It's a good way to
scare people entering the highway.

11. Speed limits are arbitrary figures, given only as suggestions and apparently not enforceable in the metro area during rush hour.

12. Just because you're in the left lane and have no room to speed up or move over doesn't mean that a St Louis driver flashing his high beams behind you doesn't think he can go faster in your spot.

13. Please remember that there is no such thing as a shortcut during rush-hour traffic in St Louis.

14. Always slow down and be a lookee-loo when you see an accident or even someone changing a tire.

15. Throwing litter on the roads adds variety to the landscape, keeps the existing litter from getting lonely and gives Adopt-a-highway crews something to clean up.

16. Everybody thinks their vehicle is better than yours, (especially pickup truck drivers with stickers of Calvin peeing on a Ford, Dodge or Chevy logo.)

17. Learn to swerve abruptly. St Louis is the home of high-speed slalom driving thanks to MoDOT (Missouri Dept. of Transportation), which puts potholes in key locations to test drivers'; reflexes and keep them on their toes.

18. It is traditional in St Louis to honk your horn at cars that don't move the
instant the light changes.

19. Seeking eye contact with another driver revokes your right of way.

20. Never take a green light at face value. Always look right and left before
proceeding.

21. Heavy snow, ice, fog, and rain are no reasons to change any of the previously listed rules. These weather conditions are God's way of ensuring a natural selection process for body shops, junkyards, and new vehicle sales. After all, we do have our priorities.

22. Remember that the goal of every St Louis driver is to get there first, by whatever means necessary.

23. Real St. Louis women drivers can put on pantyhose and apply eye makeup at 75 miles per hour in bumper-to-bumper traffic. Real St. Louis men drivers can remove pantyhose and a bra at 75 miles per hour in bumper-to-bumper traffic.

----------------Ladies & Gentlemen.....START YOUR ENGINES!!!

"Will code Visual BASIC for cash."
New The difference between St. Louis & Chicago
would be most apparent in the following modification (in italics of iterm #11:

11. Speed limits are arbitrary figures, given only as suggestions and apparently not approachable in the metro area during rush hour.
jb4
(Resistance is not futile...)
New Heh, a lot refers to Sydney as well :)
Well, after swapping left and right around, anyway.

Red-light cameras have pretty much put a stop to #5, thankfully.

#6 works! I've borrowed my Dads old Kingswood sometimes, and it's like parting the red sea or something.

#14 is my primary annoyance on the roads.

#20, however, is more like "The Green light isn't there to regulate the flow of traffic, it's there just so you can floor it, be the first, and show all the other drivers you're compensating for a very small willy." Guess it ties in with #22.

Sydney needs a #24, something like "Remember, it is your obligation to be talking on your mobile phone at all times. It takes priority over sundry activities like indicating, or looking where you're going. The only looking you should do is for police cars, so you don't get booked"

John, who shouts "Get off the phone, ya dickhead!" more often than is probably advisable.
New Re: Sydney drivers r pretty good these days - tis the K1W1s

that are a bloody menace to life & limb.

New Zealand drivers are pathetic (I know cos I wos one) - funny thing is that each time I visit NZ I revert to the aggressive mad driving style so common there yet when I get back to Sydney I am happy to be polite & wait (except I do get realllllyyyy pissed at those bastards who drive in a T2 or T3 lane in Sydney during peak hours, with only one person in the car - I am guilty of giving intense British 2-fingered salutes to them.

(T2 & T3 lanes mandate that during peak hours there must be 2 (T2) or 3 (T3) passengers in a vehicle using that lane. Purpose is to encourage vehicle sharing. 'cept some Aussies are just rude drivers & ignore the signs (not enough police to enforce them).

Cheers

Doug (now in HK where I don't know what a car is :-)
New In Thailand it is much worse
they have a lot of "agressive" drivers. Even the Tuk Tuks cars/carts.

"Will code Visual BASIC for cash."
     $103,000 speeding ticket for 46 mph in a 31 mph zone - (SpiceWare) - (39)
         Sounds reasonable to me - (pwhysall) - (21)
             Oh, I dunno - (jb4)
             you dont drive do you. :) -NT - (boxley) - (19)
                 No. - (pwhysall) - (18)
                     Doesn't alter the fact. - (Meerkat) - (1)
                         How do you think the Police make their money? - (nking)
                     They drive like maniacs near me - (nking) - (4)
                         The difference between St. Louis & Chicago - (jb4)
                         Heh, a lot refers to Sydney as well :) - (Meerkat) - (2)
                             Re: Sydney drivers r pretty good these days - tis the K1W1s - (dmarker2) - (1)
                                 In Thailand it is much worse - (nking)
                     Speed Limits - (Ric Locke) - (3)
                         Geeks on speed - (kmself) - (2)
                             Houston is in its own little world - (bconnors) - (1)
                                 here's something - (SpiceWare)
                     Pretty simplistic dismissal - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Needless distinction - (drewk)
                     First you make an annoying assumption that Americans - (boxley) - (4)
                         tire chirpers? - (wharris2) - (1)
                             Whenever I hear one o' those chirps - (Ashton)
                         Aha! - (Ric Locke) - (1)
                             naw got a right wrist problem - (boxley)
         But was it a "real" 31 mph zone? - (wharris2) - (16)
             It was in Finland, and based on his income in 1999 - (nking) - (15)
                 Re: It was in Finland, and based on his income in 1999 - (wharris2) - (14)
                     Is that like income-based income tax? :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                     That's bullshit, Will. - (CRConrad) - (12)
                         Re: Gotta agree on this 'un - (dmarker2)
                         Bullshit my ass - (wharris2) - (10)
                             Re: It really is relative - (dmarker2)
                             Yes, your ass, then - 'cos it is. - (CRConrad) - (8)
                                 perhaps a loss of driving privileges would serve as well? - (boxley) - (7)
                                     Yes, but then again, it wasn't all *that* bad; only speeding - (CRConrad) - (6)
                                         However eminently sensible is this sliding scale.. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                             Licence Demerit Points. - (Meerkat) - (2)
                                                 Yes, CA has that too - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                     mind your L's and P's - (Meerkat)
                                         On the sliding scale - (wharris2) - (1)
                                             OK! -NT - (CRConrad)

Only if you're a philistinic illiterate colonial baboon like yourself.
70 ms