IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Doesn't alter the fact.
But if you were to drive the same boring road day after day you might at least get an understanding of why some people do go over the speed limit.

It's just that "I don't drive but I know you're doing the wrong thing" tweaks me. Despite the fact that yes, you're quite right.

The use of speed cameras as revenue raisers rather than safety enhancers annoys me. (ie they always seem to be placed on long straight flat roads rather than twisty, hazardous roads). It sometimes feels like more money goes into catching speeding drivers than goes into making the roads safer.

I am not defending speeding. Yes, it kills people. No, I don't speed. But the recent blanket reduction of speed limits in suburbs, from 60 to 50 kmh, is a pain. Judging by the number of cars that sit right on my tail as I drive along at 50, I'm not alone in that thought. It doesn't make me right, but similarly it doesn't fill my heart with joy. Especially when there are rumblings of reducing it to 40.

Better qualify all this by saying I'm not a bitter old man who has had too many speeding tickets in the past. Haven't had any. (he said, thereby jinxing himself :) )
On and on and on and on,
and on and on and on goes John.
New How do you think the Police make their money?
Besides taxing us, they also collect a lot of money for speeding and traffic tickets. They have a quota to meet. Funny, they don't get a quota of bad guys to catch in a day, just for traffic tickets? Leave the crack houses alone, and go pester them citizens that go 5 MPH over the limit or forget to turn on their blinkers.

"Will code Visual BASIC for cash."
     $103,000 speeding ticket for 46 mph in a 31 mph zone - (SpiceWare) - (39)
         Sounds reasonable to me - (pwhysall) - (21)
             Oh, I dunno - (jb4)
             you dont drive do you. :) -NT - (boxley) - (19)
                 No. - (pwhysall) - (18)
                     Doesn't alter the fact. - (Meerkat) - (1)
                         How do you think the Police make their money? - (nking)
                     They drive like maniacs near me - (nking) - (4)
                         The difference between St. Louis & Chicago - (jb4)
                         Heh, a lot refers to Sydney as well :) - (Meerkat) - (2)
                             Re: Sydney drivers r pretty good these days - tis the K1W1s - (dmarker2) - (1)
                                 In Thailand it is much worse - (nking)
                     Speed Limits - (Ric Locke) - (3)
                         Geeks on speed - (kmself) - (2)
                             Houston is in its own little world - (bconnors) - (1)
                                 here's something - (SpiceWare)
                     Pretty simplistic dismissal - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Needless distinction - (drewk)
                     First you make an annoying assumption that Americans - (boxley) - (4)
                         tire chirpers? - (wharris2) - (1)
                             Whenever I hear one o' those chirps - (Ashton)
                         Aha! - (Ric Locke) - (1)
                             naw got a right wrist problem - (boxley)
         But was it a "real" 31 mph zone? - (wharris2) - (16)
             It was in Finland, and based on his income in 1999 - (nking) - (15)
                 Re: It was in Finland, and based on his income in 1999 - (wharris2) - (14)
                     Is that like income-based income tax? :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
                     That's bullshit, Will. - (CRConrad) - (12)
                         Re: Gotta agree on this 'un - (dmarker2)
                         Bullshit my ass - (wharris2) - (10)
                             Re: It really is relative - (dmarker2)
                             Yes, your ass, then - 'cos it is. - (CRConrad) - (8)
                                 perhaps a loss of driving privileges would serve as well? - (boxley) - (7)
                                     Yes, but then again, it wasn't all *that* bad; only speeding - (CRConrad) - (6)
                                         However eminently sensible is this sliding scale.. - (Ashton) - (3)
                                             Licence Demerit Points. - (Meerkat) - (2)
                                                 Yes, CA has that too - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                     mind your L's and P's - (Meerkat)
                                         On the sliding scale - (wharris2) - (1)
                                             OK! -NT - (CRConrad)

It didn’t ruin my childhood, but it did aggressively strip-mine several shallow deposits of nostalgia.
56 ms