IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yes, and how many middle class wage-paying jobs...
..have those "haves" created in the last, say, 5 years? I mean for American workers, not those in Ecuador or Paraguay?
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New Dunno about wage level
but over a million since the bottom of the cycle. And unemployment is still pretty low on average.

Oh, sorry, they must all be fry cooks. I know my opportunities have all been in the fast food sector.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New A million manufacturing jobs created? Who YOU crappin'?
jb4
shrub●bish (Am., from shrub + rubbish, after the derisive name for America's 43 president; 2003) n. 1. a form of nonsensical political doubletalk wherein the speaker attempts to defend the indefensible by lying, obfuscation, or otherwise misstating the facts; GIBBERISH. 2. any of a collection of utterances from America's putative 43rd president. cf. BULLSHIT

New actually
was non-farm payroll. Didn't hammer through BLS stats to get exact counts.

and if you would keep up everywhere this subject seems to have popped up...you would notice that there are other things necessary to ensure mfg jobs stay at home or are created here.

All discussions here are vastly oversimplistic, mine included.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

New Don't go there, Bill. It's out of line.
Insist that everything is peachy all you want. The available jobs SUCK. Just because you aren't having trouble everything is all right?

I know too many skilled people that have been forced to take low-end jobs. The middle-class jobs aren't there. Perhaps they can't get jobs because they aren't educated though, right? It must be their fault somehow, right?

I had to work as a stock-boy, damnit. And I'm skilled in a field that supposedly has a shortage of workers that's so bad they 'need' to export more jobs overseas... To get a job that was even CAPABLE of paying bills (and it still pays below average), I had to leave my friends and family behind and migrate to a locale I DON'T particularly like.

Don't simply vomit out the Neocon party line, just because you disagree with the lefties here. "If ya ain't fer 'us, yer agin' us' is not a strategy or tactic, IT'S HORSESHIT, no matter who uses it. The 'recovery' isn't. It's about as real as 'Mission Accomplished' in Iraq.
[link|http://www.runningworks.com|
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New Yabut he's Our pet troglodyte.
And while many of his posts are transparent trollin fer Fresh Meat (Hey, that's Entertainment!), we must respect his religion too - Obscurantism-by-selected statistics is, why.. as Murican as the Teapot Dome.
(or the Astodome; the other circuses to keep the masses barefoot but Entertained, so as not to cluster together and ask Too-pointedly: Wassup, motherfucker?)

Besides, the studying of mouldering Econ texts of another era may be less harmful than a number of other popular methodologies of comfy Denial (and a lot cheaper than Bolivian Blue-flake, to boot.)

(When my neighbor down the hollow is dancin around and sacrificin another goat - to buck-up his chances of gettin Raptured-outtahere: I sympathize a tad with his 'reasoning' about 'here' - and am thankful that, so far -- it's just defenseless goats he's a sacrificin. This week, anyway..)

New Actually
you could do worse than to pay attention to what he says as opposed to what you want him to mean. I don't always agree with him, true - to say he's living in a cave, out of touch with modern life is a too much.

As to 'his religion' - I've seen too much left-worship and right-hate in here - to take any attempt to cast him in the role you want him to play seriously.

Ash - no offence meant, but YOU are far more extremist in your views - and less amenable to logic - than Beep is.
]
Imric's Tips for Living
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

New Re: Actually
Had no such perception of BeeP - he Couldn't be as outta touch as his troll bait always loves to imply. Yathink maybe I be dense er somethin? How many years has it been.. lessee..

When a one repeatedly drops one-liners and rises to 'clarification' only well-after they misfire horribly - what do ya call That?

As for my being 'Left'; now who is picking the handiest giant-LABEL to save looking at a pattern. I Don't Know What a Murican 'means' by that once-perhaps-useful idea.

I Am "Left" politically, as are a huge chunk of this cant-besotted country in now perpetual exremis: only insofar as anyone with a balanced view of give/take, actual respect for the Constitution, putting aside temporarily one's self-aggrandizement in order to Serve ... all are so far away from the current Right-pole's *performance*: It MUST be "left".
('Moderate' vanished long ago - and is now an epithet, being also so-far-away from Rightism)

[All this, IF you believe in silly straight lines with numbered marks on them - to describe Anyone's jelloware, experience and acumen. Shall we do IQ next?]

This so-called 'Right' is not even that! - as it is so obviously raiding the treasury for now unto 3 generations, while curtailing liberties and starting invasions by Pure Deception, destroying our earned partial-respect in the civilized World == destroying the REAL 'National Security' wholesale and at a dead-run.
(Want the First-100 List of Atrocities, too?)

This 'Right' is Reactionary-in-appearance, as camouflage for the creation (recreation?) of a corporate state of Haves/Nots as was popular just after the Weimar republic was assassinated. The shiny black boots are.. just a Commissary item, distributed after the Fall. With the epaulets and German Shepherds for patrol.

I Am orthogonal to the specious labels you would wish to attach; I do not credit *blab* words with more than a shrug. Read Me In My Posts - oh, wait - the words are too long. Never mind.

tyops
Expand Edited by Ashton Sept. 6, 2005, 07:04:42 PM EDT
New HIS troll bait?
You can be a riot sometimes, Ash!
]
Imric's Tips for Living

New ;=)
mais oui!

New Troll 'bait' can be switched: works OK on you.
These threads are all repetitive anyway. Since we pretty much know where most folks stand on the Bigger stuff.. it's kinda a weekday NY Times crossword, needing only the occasional 'syzygy' to solve.

Conversion ain't gonna happen after jelloware sets.
(Well, maybe on Discworld)

New Hook sometimes taken...sometimes grazes the side.

New I don't
Somewhere in the center the truth doth lie.

Living paycheck to paycheck made leaving impossible. - (Another Scott) - (111)
         Wonder how many folks like these - (Ashton) - (109)
             78% Kerry - (altmann) - (108)
                 Oooh good source - thanks. - (Ashton) - (107)
                     Go ahead. - (bepatient) - (106)
                         Yeah, they said that about Strom Thrurmond too - (Ashton) - (5)
                             Sure. - (bepatient) - (4)
                                 Well, Strom did plenty of obfuscating . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                     So this justifies West's racism how, exactly? -NT - (bepatient) - (2)
                                         Side comment only - justifies nothing. -NT - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                             Sorry, the type of behavior demonstrated by the young man - (bepatient)
                         No, that's not what he said - (jake123) - (99)
                             Is it? - (bepatient) - (98)
                                 I just checked - (jake123) - (97)
                                     And that statement is less racist, how? - (bepatient) - (39)
                                         Emphatic disagreement - (ben_tilly) - (38)
                                             Exactly - (jake123)
                                             Disagree all you like - (bepatient) - (36)
                                                 He's most definitely not a cracker - (jake123)
                                                 I'll point to something specific - (ben_tilly) - (23)
                                                     Interesting counterpoint to... - (bepatient) - (22)
                                                         Point missed again: it's the Poor Ones as fly well under his - (Ashton)
                                                         BeeP calculus: - (jb4) - (17)
                                                             Methinks you've lost count. - (bepatient) - (16)
                                                                 There is no education cabinet minister - (ben_tilly) - (15)
                                                                     No, there's a Dept of Education - (bepatient) - (14)
                                                                         There seems to be a miscommunication or three - (ben_tilly) - (13)
                                                                             Yes, was looking for ~ those words; especially re 'sane'. -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                             Ummmmmm . . . . . can you point me to . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                                             Ok - (bepatient) - (10)
                                                                                 Can not let This sleeping-dog er.. Lie: - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                                                     Difference? - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                                         Vying for Mr. Objective Morality #2, here? with marlowe.. -NT - (Ashton)
                                                                                 Feel free... - (ben_tilly) - (6)
                                                                                     couple of swings at the choice point ball if you please - (boxley) - (2)
                                                                                         Well said. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                         If you want... - (ben_tilly)
                                                                                     You can be open minded. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                         Let's go back to that comment then, shall we? - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                                                                             And so all is forigiven. - (bepatient)
                                                         Go back a couple of posts - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                             So you think that West... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                 I don't think that West thought this through - (ben_tilly)
                                                 "The haves and the have-mores." - (mmoffitt) - (2)
                                                     His "base"? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                         That'll be 1,000 points for Peter. ;0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
                                                 It's OK, Bill...You can still like the Berk if you want. - (jb4) - (7)
                                                     How easy it is... - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                         NO, it seems that the only thing that DOES float with you... - (jb4) - (5)
                                                             I see. - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                 Your assertion has been inspected, dissected and - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                                     I see you are suffering greatly... - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                                         Ah, desperation: the PTA exchange Red-Herring - (Ashton)
                                                                 I learn from a Master ... :-\ufffd -NT - (jb4)
                                     Naw, george doesnt care about poor people - (boxley) - (56)
                                         You got that right. - (imqwerky) - (55)
                                             I love naivite. - (bepatient) - (54)
                                                 Nah - ya likes to toss out simplistic digital slogans - (Ashton) - (6)
                                                     Not that I expected differently. - (bepatient) - (5)
                                                         GAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
                                                             its always trickle down, donja recognise the amonia smell? -NT - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                 Ah, the 'tinkle-down' yellow stuff: THAT ammonia. Parfait. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                                     It's water-, not cream-based - I'd think that'd be a sorbet. -NT - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                                         :-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
                                                 only if the haves leave their stuff behind - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     Interesting case in point, I suppose. - (bepatient)
                                                 Naive my arse! - (imqwerky) - (44)
                                                     The only way to revive - (bepatient) - (43)
                                                         Your only form of exercise: jumping to conclusions. - (imqwerky) - (5)
                                                             Re: Your only form of exercise: jumping to conclusions. - (bepatient) - (4)
                                                                 The Red Staters got what they wanted - (imqwerky) - (3)
                                                                     Nope... - (bepatient)
                                                                     Aside from_____All__That__Relocation - - - - - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                         ooooh, what a cut, calling beep a microbowb -NT - (boxley)
                                                         OTOH - (jake123)
                                                         Methinks you have way too blind an eye to that last \ufffd - (Ashton)
                                                         ... - (imric)
                                                         You seem rather naive - (Andrew Grygus) - (10)
                                                             And so... - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                                 Against all odds. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                                     Re: Against all odds. - (bepatient)
                                                                 And thus you demonstrate, One More Time - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                     *nudge* - (imric)
                                                                 Bah. - (imric) - (1)
                                                                     Then we'd have to face inherited Empires - (Ashton)
                                                                 perhaps a few ideas - (boxley)
                                                                 <Sigh> (new thread) - (Another Scott)
                                                             Zope mucked the new addy in Econ - gotta alter header. -NT - (Ashton)
                                                         What you remind me of... - (ben_tilly) - (9)
                                                             Thats all well and good - (bepatient) - (8)
                                                                 The 'middle class' does not require massive manufacturing. - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
                                                                     Trade and Commerce - (bepatient) - (5)
                                                                         Sure they do - (drewk) - (2)
                                                                             I forgot that part. - (bepatient)
                                                                             I suspect that a monomolecular coat of Superglue keeps the - (Ashton)
                                                                         Trade and Commerce in todays world - (boxley)
                                                                         No, the trade that built the middle class . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                                     Dupe -NT - (bepatient)
                                                         Yes, and how many middle class wage-paying jobs... - (jb4) - (12)
                                                             Dunno about wage level - (bepatient) - (11)
                                                                 A million manufacturing jobs created? Who YOU crappin'? -NT - (jb4) - (1)
                                                                     actually - (bepatient)
                                                                 Don't go there, Bill. It's out of line. - (imric) - (8)
                                                                     Yabut he's Our pet troglodyte. - (Ashton) - (6)
                                                                         Actually - (imric) - (5)
                                                                             Re: Actually - (Ashton) - (4)
                                                                                 HIS troll bait? - (imric) - (3)
                                                                                     ;=) - (bepatient)
                                                                                     Troll 'bait' can be switched: works OK on you. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                                         Hook sometimes taken...sometimes grazes the side. -NT - (bepatient)
                                                                     I don't - (bepatient)
         Never any doubt. - (bepatient)

Caveat emptor.
129 ms