IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Is she still under an IEP?
If yes, the school is under obligation to help. Pull together a meeting with her team to discuss solutions. If not, you might want to have her retested to see if something new hasnt popped up. She might need to be recertified. She may have a math disability that didnt show before. Her math is more complicated now- maybe her processing skills arent developed enough. If you request testing, the school district has to comply- in Michigan they have 30 days. Dont know what the law is in MN.

I'd have her tested just to be sure. It will let you know where she stands. Her frustration level is a red flag for me. It tells me she's motivated and wants to understand but something is preventing her from doing so.

Have you talked to her math teacher yet? Maybe he/she has some insight into the problem.

Regarding tutoring- do you have Sylvan Learning in your area? They are pretty good, but pricey. You might also want to check your local library- they often know about good tutoring programs.

Lastly- how is her vision? Has she seen an optometrist lately? Kids with math and reading problems often have visual processing disorders. You might want to get that checked out. More info on this here:

[link|http://www.visionandlearning.org/index.htm|http://www.visionand...ing.org/index.htm]

Just some thoughts. My son has numerous disabilities and processing disorders. I deal with this stuff on a daily basis. HTH.
Laura

New Glasses and IEP
Glasses - won't wear them.

IEP dropped at end of last year since she was doing "so well".

Thanks for advice. Will contact school.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail ... but, a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
New One thing I've learned..
Is that even though the school promotes itself as being an advocate for my child, they arent. They are slow to identify problems, and when they do, little is done about it. I'm in constant communication with my son's teacher and educational team. I'm sure the principal hates me. He always has a "special" look on his face when he see's me. A look that says "OMFG, what does *SHE* want now?" I've really had to learn to be a hard ass. It's not fun.

Hope things work out for you.
New You're the adults; you TELL her to use 'em if she needs 'em.
New Says the newbie parent
If it were only as easy at that................:-)
New Been on the recieving end of it. Called child-rearing, AFAIK
New Naive.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Bah. "Give 'em a good beating if they don't obey, say I.
I've had a lot of beatings, and it hasn't hu-- hasn't hu-- hasn't hu-- hasn't hurt me at all."

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New Ahhhh- That explains a lot! ;-)
New Eh, you *did* see the quotation marks, I hope? :-)
I can't even claim the joke as an original; I adapted it from an old Swedish comedy skit (about professional boxing, not child-rearing).

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Your lies are of Microsoftian Scale and boring to boot. Your 'depression' may be the closest you ever come to recognizing truth: you have no 'inferiority complex', you are inferior - and something inside you recognizes this. - [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=71575|Ashton Brown]
New Yes ;-)
     Need suggestion - (jbrabeck) - (29)
         Suggestion your wife may not agree with - (ben_tilly) - (2)
             I would be nervous about this approach. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Depends on the kid and family - (ben_tilly)
         I agree with Ben - (tuberculosis)
         Nothing first hand. - (Another Scott)
         How old? - (gdaustin) - (6)
             Re: How old? - (Nightowl) - (5)
                 The brother who sent cash for an E-Bay purchase? -NT - (broomberg) - (4)
                     Yep - (Nightowl) - (2)
                         And he's the smart one? -NT - (broomberg) - (1)
                             Re: And he's the smart one? - (Nightowl)
                     My mater, in '20s:____Oh.. you Kid! :-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
         Re: Need suggestion - (Ashton)
         Is she receptive to carrot/stick? - (pwhysall)
         Check local college for tutors - (Silverlock)
         Added information to help with advice - (jbrabeck) - (13)
             Is she still under an IEP? - (bionerd) - (10)
                 Glasses and IEP - (jbrabeck) - (9)
                     One thing I've learned.. - (bionerd)
                     You're the adults; you TELL her to use 'em if she needs 'em. -NT - (CRConrad) - (7)
                         Says the newbie parent - (bionerd) - (6)
                             Been on the recieving end of it. Called child-rearing, AFAIK -NT - (CRConrad) - (5)
                                 Naive. -NT - (admin) - (4)
                                     Bah. "Give 'em a good beating if they don't obey, say I. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                         Ahhhh- That explains a lot! ;-) -NT - (bionerd) - (2)
                                             Eh, you *did* see the quotation marks, I hope? :-) - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                 Yes ;-) -NT - (bionerd)
             Get a tutor. Do not try to do it yourself. - (ben_tilly)
             They should help each other, but need a pro. - (Another Scott)

Taxes.
226 ms