IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Not a bad summary
fer a Texan without a motorcycle \ufffd

Matters have probably gone too far (and our particular forays du jour gone too serendipitously - as NoOne could have predicted just weeks ago..) for us to even play much at bein Mr. NiceGuy - Hey! wanna buy our stuff? Huh? Huh?

I don't know (either) how you de-program thousands (?) of wannabe ex-virgins enroute ---> to an only slightly less-absurd Reward than er Xian Heaven-with-harps. (And our own theological nostruns intermixed with Govt. - demonstrate that we can't even de-program ourselves.)

Maybe.. just maybe the sight of heaped dead burnt bodies in wholesale lots, will deliver such a conscious shock (can't be no steenkin Martyr.. if'n They gets You! afore You gets Yerself! - no?) -- that there will be some er widespread epiphanies amongst the holy sheep.

Maybe.. but it'll be the First time IMho. People are fond of dyin for shibboleths and fantasies; especially when they're livin amidst trash and Puritan-variant secret police already. What's to lose, if'n ya never Had.. a good day since you were weaned?

Muricans know *nothing* of how the rest of the world actually lives day-day - and care less. And certainly aren't seriously into sharing. (except platitudes about Workin Hard\ufffd and you too.. can be the 1% fat local cat)

Then there's Arbeit Macht Frei to kick around - try that one on permanent inmates of the Jordanian/Syrian Resettlement Camps?

It's gonna be an interestin Crap Shoot, methinks.

Ashton
New Deprogramming.
You must have missed the 60 Minutes follow-up piece of a "peace camp" for Israeli and Palestinian teenagers in Vermont or New Hampshire. Lot's of heated accusatory exchanges between the kids at the beginning. By the end of the program, they understood although not accepted each others point of view. Each saw the humanity of the other and could cooperate on mixed teams and share victories in the various competitions. Hugging each other no less. In the follow-up interviews after a couple of years of all being at home, it was back to square one. Each thought the other side was inhumane and of whom no one could be trusted.

Deprogramming is required for both!

It's a pity you don't see the symmetry.
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New I guess you missed
I don't know (either) how you de-program thousands (?) of wannabe
ex-virgins enroute ---> to an only slightly less-absurd Reward than er
Xian Heaven-with-harps. (And our own theological nostruns
intermixed with Govt. - demonstrate that we can't even de-program
ourselves.)
At least, I have an ideal of details of the local programming - mostly hearsay (and some first-hand) re the overseas variant. I see no 'solution' to any of the variants - until sufficient maturity occurs, that folk all over:

stop attributing their fav personal characteristics to.. the Mystery that existence is. The personal/customized-God stuff is a festering boil on the ass of humanity, and guarantees replay of all this stupid stuff. Indefinitely.

All the rest is: bandaids and BS, spun to a new tune periodically (and always - sanctimoniously).

A.
New So, we should focus only on the guys that push the button
to blow themselves up in populated places and ignore the IDF guys who taunt and then pick off kids with rocks? I choose to look at both.

Do not look behind the curtain, there is no relation between such events.

It's all about hatred, my friend. And it's intense and it's on both sides.
Alex

Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. -- Blaise Pascal (1623-1662)
New Not implicit in what I said.
Rock-throwing is illegal about everywhere - how you stop individual events is part of the local laws. There are non-lethal approaches, apparently rarely employed. (Why do cops everywhere run First to projectile weapons? Habit. Slothful thought. Testosterone.)

I prefer *radical surgery to pharm-chem happy pills. The root of the problem is ~ the child abuse of inculcating wildly asocial principles in tiny minds; then keeping those minds tiny via Draconian 10th century superstition. ie and even simpler, always and Everywhere -

Ignorance Kills. Intentionally brainwashing malleable minds IS a Crime - we just lack the subtlety to uncover any means of enforcing sanctions against such kinds of Crimes. (Will leave Language-murder for another thread).

* as in radix==root-cause.

We use force so often because:

A) as a species we are mentally lazy, mostly.
B) Men (indeed) 'Love War'. Genetic cock-up (pun intended)
C) It's EZiest! - for those who ever choose the instant result - as in: bizness' first-quarter results mindset: ~ the way we run the world.
D) Add your fav other homo-sap stupidity here ____

A.
     2 Suicide Bombers Wreak Carnage in Jerusalem - (bluke) - (54)
         16 dead in Haifa suicide bus bombing - (bluke) - (2)
             How did a bomb get on a buss? - (tablizer) - (1)
                 It's called a suicide bomber -NT - (bluke)
         Yes, the death spiral continues. - (a6l6e6x) - (41)
             I don't credit any of the simplistic extremes - (Ashton)
             one hamas=10 dead 130 wounded not prejuidiced are we? - (boxley) - (2)
                 Re: one hamas=10 dead 130 wounded not prejuidiced are we? - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     the ratio of PAL to JEWS is 10 to 1 in the immediate area - (boxley)
             Very simple question for you - (bluke) - (4)
                 Re: Very simple answer - (dmarker2) - (1)
                     The media in the West contribute greatly to this perception - (bluke)
                 No. Never 25 innocent people. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                     Very big difference - (bluke)
             how do you discuss this? - (boxley) - (31)
                 Re: how do you discuss this? - (a6l6e6x) - (30)
                     You spout such propaganda - (bluke) - (28)
                         Re: You spout such propaganda - (pwhysall) - (2)
                             point missed? -NT - (boxley)
                             What kind of clue? -NT - (bluke)
                         "No one is Israel has ever said ..." - (a6l6e6x) - (24)
                             Deeds - (bluke) - (23)
                                 Re: Deeds - (a6l6e6x) - (22)
                                     Warped view of Israel - (bluke) - (21)
                                         Re: Warped view of Israel - (a6l6e6x) - (20)
                                             Good Idea! I say: give em Utah.__Save Us / Save Them. QED -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                 It works for me, Ash. - (a6l6e6x)
                                             More answers for you - (bluke) - (1)
                                                 Re: More answers for you - (a6l6e6x)
                                             Re: Warped view of Israel - (bluke) - (4)
                                                 Re: Warped view of Israel - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                                                     Empty words by you as usual - (bluke) - (2)
                                                         Re: Empty words by you as usual - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                                             And you have refuted none of it -NT - (bluke)
                                             I wasnt sure but your point is Jews do not belong there - (boxley) - (8)
                                                 Yes, a cigarette smoke Nazi! :) - (a6l6e6x) - (7)
                                                     so losing a liquor licence in CA - (boxley) - (6)
                                                         Re: so losing a liquor licence in CA - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                                                             going I75 to TN then 40 to Asheville, to the coast 95 south - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                 Super! I have sent you email. - (a6l6e6x)
                                                         I-75 - (wharris2) - (2)
                                                             sofla to atlanta then over to Pigion Forge -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                 LRPD: Do you, in fact, have any cheese here at all?_____:-\ufffd -NT - (Ashton)
                                             On that "american"... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                                 Heard a discussion of it - (wharris2)
                     Hamas is not a fringe group just like Al Queida is not - (bluke)
         Arafat under pressure from Egypt, Saudi Arabia and Jordan - (Another Scott) - (8)
             One can only hope it has some effect. - (wharris2) - (7)
                 Been having an effect for some time - (Ric Locke) - (6)
                     Not a bad summary - (Ashton) - (4)
                         Deprogramming. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                             I guess you missed - (Ashton) - (2)
                                 So, we should focus only on the guys that push the button - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                                     Not implicit in what I said. - (Ashton)
                     I still like Pournelle's solution - (wharris2)

Doh! Wrong button, Scott!
74 ms