It's partially that I don't feel the need to think about where it came from (as discussed above), and partially that I just don't want to go there due to the potentially distasteful aspects. ("If you're squeemish about organ meat, why aren't you a Vegan? How can you be a Vegan and support extinction for domesticated animals? Soy will turn you into a girly man. Humans are natural omnivores - eating only vegetables will give you gas and cause problems down the road. Soy hotdogs only taste good because they pump them full of artificial flavors. Etc.") I generally regard food as something I appreciate, and I enjoy the very occassional extravagent meal, but food generally isn't a big deal for me.

Even at Thanksgiving, I don't "revel" in food too much. It seems over-the-top and wasteful these days.

[link|http://en.thinkexist.com/quotation/moderation-which_consists_in_an_indifference/218322.html|Plato]:

"Moderation, which consists in an indifference about little things, and in a prudent and well-proportioned zeal about things of importance, can proceed from nothing but true knowledge, which has its foundation in self-acquaintance."

Plato quotes (Ancient Greek philosopher. 428 BC-348 BC)

YMMV. ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.