IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hang around here and IT WILL HAVE TO BECOME YOUR STYLE!
bcnu,
Mikem

The soul and substance of what customarily ranks as patriotism is moral cowardice and always has been...We have thrown away the most valuable asset we had-- the individual's right to oppose both flag and country when he (just he, by himself) believed them to be in the wrong. We have thrown it away; and with it all that was really respectable about that grotesque and laughable word, Patriotism.

- Mark Twain, "Monarchical and Republican Patriotism"
New Re: Hang around here and IT WILL HAVE TO BECOME YOUR STYLE!
Here being Iwethey, or here being Flame Quarantine? ;)

I can't do what I can't do, and being mean isn't in my blood. :)

Nightowl >8#
"Only dead fish swim with the stream."
Linda Ellerbee
New Think of it as a second language...
This would be the place to practice... Who's going to get upset?
New Re: Think of it as a second language...
This would be the place to practice... Who's going to get upset?

I dunno, but people already get upset at me without my flaming or cussing at them, so I'd probably manage it. ;)

I'm just not an advocate of cussing and putting people down, not really. I say my piece, defend myself, but I do it with tact and civility. :)

Nightowl >8#
Linda Ellerbee
New But what do people get upset at you about?
They want you to be more damned assertive.

Tell a couple of your critics to butt out and see what happens. I guarantee that no injury will be caused (unless a couple of geeks falling out of their chairs in surprise). I'll bet that several people will react very well.

If you think that I'm off base, just tell me off and see what happens!

Ben
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
New Re: But what do people get upset at you about?
It just isn't in her personality to flame someone.

Use to be in my personality but I am working on getting it out, I'm trying to show mercy to people now.

Hope you aren't still mad at me for the last time I cussed you out. I was out of line and I am sorry about it.

"I wonder how much of this BS Corporations will continue to shallow before they start looking into alternatives to Microsoft software?" -[link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=106839|Orion]
It just isn't in her personality to flame someone.

Well stated, Norman. :)

Use to be in my personality but I am working on getting it out, I'm trying to show mercy to people now.

Hope you aren't still mad at me for the last time I cussed you out. I was out of line and I am sorry about it.

If you are referring to me, I'm not still mad. I know you were going through some things then. Besides, you're an example of how assertive I was being. You are probably the first person I ever took a strong stand against in my group, as in put you on moderate and started regulating you at the time. It was a hard decision, but I felt I had to.

Most recently though, I did that with someone else, and he is the person that is creating all the problems. He didn't handle it well, he quit my groups, told me to go away, and then started screaming when I did. I feel guilty about not giving him another chance, but honestly, I gave him a lot of chances and I'm really tired of his BS. So I've been standing my ground with him, which is pissing him off big time.

Sometimes I wish I'd never heard of the SWFC, but then I wouldn't have my coolest friend on the internet, Ginny from the Philippines. :) Guess you take the good with the bad.

Nightowl >8#
Linda Ellerbee
New I'm not mad about your cussing me out
But your making up problems to get attention ticked me off, and you are someone whose complaints go directly to /dev/null.

Ben
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
New Would somebody fucking FLAME SOMEONE already?
Christ, what the hell forum is this, anyway?

We now return you to your regularly scheduled program.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New ?
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Of course not, asshole
It is hard to flame wet dishrags. It is unfair to flame people without a decent supply of guts.

Which makes you a prime target...

Ben
New I forgot, you're Canadian
You believe in "fair fights" and all that happy horseshit. No wonder we beat you in the Revolutionary War.
===

New Some victory
You proved yourself more of a bother to govern than you were worth. Which is why you were allowed to remain a country after the war of 1812.

Of course proud marines like you remember a little selectively. You just try to forget those painful facts..put them in a box along with memories of being drunk under the table by a bunch of 70 year old women. (How much of that gig in an RV park do you remember..and admit to?)

Cheers,
Ben
New Remember it? Hell I've got *pictures*
No, not those kind of pictures.
===

New I hope someone got good blackmail money for them :-P
They want you to be more damned assertive.

Nah, actually they want me to look the other way and pretend they aren't doing things they are doing like lying about me, sneaking around and hurting people.

Tell a couple of your critics to butt out and see what happens. I guarantee that no injury will be caused (unless a couple of geeks falling out of their chairs in surprise). I'll bet that several people will react very well.

Well I started being more assertive recently, as of about a year ago, and it shook some people up, trust me. Some people reacted well, as in, hey, it's about time you stood up for yourself. Others, well they were furious that I changed.

If you think that I'm off base, just tell me off and see what happens!

I don't think you're off base completely, but I don't think it's about being assertive, more like being honest. They can't stand me when I catch them doing something wrong, or when I uphold my morals it seems.

Nightowl >8#
Linda Ellerbee
New I was talking about people around here
I have NFC how people on other forums feel. But we tend to like to see people do something more than just complain about their lives.

Ben
New Re: I was talking about people around here
I have NFC how people on other forums feel. But we tend to like to see people do something more than just complain about their lives.

Ah, I'm sorry, I misunderstood you then. Well, the person in question pretty much does just that, 24-7, complains about his life. And honestly, I got sick of it, although that isn't what made me cut him out of my life.

I have tried to change my life, I used to be someone who complained about my life all the time, was depressed, leaned on everyone, and now I've been trying to change that for years, and feel I've been fairly successful.

If you feel I was complaining here, I apologize, I mostly was addressing the concept of flaming and applying it to my life. :)

Nightowl >8#

Linda Ellerbee
New No need to apologize about talking past each other
In fact I would suggest that the next thing for you to work on could be stopping apologizing about things that aren't your fault.

Reminds me of a joke about Canadians. (I can tell those because I am one. As opposed to Americans who can tell them because they don't care. I'm one of those as well...)

Q: How do you get a Canadian to apologize?
A: Step on his foot!

To which I add.

Q: How do you get Nightowl to apologize?
A: Get her to talk!

Are you familiar with the song, [link|http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/SongUnid/C782DE0092CBA28E48256960001006A4|I am what I am]? Get it, listen to it a few times, and take it to heart.

Cheers,
Ben
New Re: No need to apologize about talking past each other
Hmmm what is "talking past each other? Not understanding one another? Just confused, I never heard of that phrase.

In fact I would suggest that the next thing for you to work on could be stopping apologizing about things that aren't your fault.

Yeah, I know, I take the guilt for a lot of things I shouldn't. ;) I'm trying hard to learn not to, but when you've been a doormat for so long it's not an easy thing to learn right off the bat. :)

Reminds me of a joke about Canadians. (I can tell those because I am one. As opposed to Americans who can tell them because they don't care. I'm one of those as well...)

Q: How do you get a Canadian to apologize?

A: Step on his foot!

To which I add.

Q: How do you get Nightowl to apologize?

A: Get her to talk!

Hehehe, that's funny, but usually true. :) Just make her wonder, and she'll apologize!!!

Are you familiar with the song, [link|http://www.sing365.com/music/lyric.nsf/SongUnid/C782DE0092CBA28E48256960001006A4|I am what I am]? Get it, listen to it a few times, and take it to heart.

Never heard of it, I'll have to figure out what it is and find it somehow, I don't play MP3s or anything like that on my computer. :)

Nightowl >8#
Linda Ellerbee
New I Am What I am ( was Re: No need to apologize)
Peeked at the lyrics though, very good song. :)

Nightowl >8#
Linda Ellerbee
New After some thought, Ben... (new thread)
Created as new thread #110888 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=110888|After some thought, Ben...]
"I learned to be the door, instead of the mat!"

Comment by Nightowl
     It FUCKING WELL WASN'T "in response to [your] post"... - (CRConrad) - (35)
         My, we are a grumpy bastard. - (bepatient) - (34)
             Re: My, we are a grumpy bastard. - (Nightowl) - (33)
                 Stop being fluffy... - (pwhysall) - (32)
                     Re: Stop being fluffy... - (Nightowl) - (31)
                         Hang around here and IT WILL HAVE TO BECOME YOUR STYLE! -NT - (mmoffitt) - (21)
                             Re: Hang around here and IT WILL HAVE TO BECOME YOUR STYLE! - (Nightowl) - (20)
                                 Think of it as a second language... - (hnick) - (19)
                                     Re: Think of it as a second language... - (Nightowl) - (18)
                                         But what do people get upset at you about? - (ben_tilly) - (17)
                                             Re: But what do people get upset at you about? - (orion) - (9)
                                                 Re: But what do people get upset at you about? - (Nightowl)
                                                 I'm not mad about your cussing me out - (ben_tilly) - (7)
                                                     Would somebody fucking FLAME SOMEONE already? - (drewk) - (6)
                                                         ? -NT - (admin)
                                                         Of course not, asshole - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                                             I forgot, you're Canadian - (drewk) - (3)
                                                                 Some victory - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                                     Remember it? Hell I've got *pictures* - (drewk) - (1)
                                                                         I hope someone got good blackmail money for them :-P -NT - (ben_tilly)
                                             Re: But what do people get upset at you about? - (Nightowl) - (5)
                                                 I was talking about people around here - (ben_tilly) - (4)
                                                     Re: I was talking about people around here - (Nightowl) - (3)
                                                         No need to apologize about talking past each other - (ben_tilly) - (2)
                                                             Re: No need to apologize about talking past each other - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                                                 I Am What I am ( was Re: No need to apologize) - (Nightowl)
                                             After some thought, Ben... (new thread) - (Nightowl)
                         Gosh.. I missed a whole Fluffy Purple Dinosaur Flamewar :( - (Ashton) - (8)
                             dont you be fucking raggin my shoes!!! :-) - (boxley) - (1)
                                 OK. We now return you to our regularly scheduled -NT - (Ashton)
                             No idea what you mean ( was Re: Gosh.. I missed a ...) - (Nightowl) - (5)
                                 Neither does anyone else. I wouldn't worry about it. -NT - (bepatient)
                                 OK. I failed. No big deal. Change to owls. - (Ashton)
                                 "talking past each other" - (static) - (2)
                                     Exactly - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                                         Re: Exactly - (Nightowl)

Sine qua non.
178 ms