IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Your point is clear & reasonable

You are quite rightly asking people, when Germany gets mentioned, to take into account the deeds exposed during and later in WW2.

I support the argument that says US plans for Iraqi people are far more benevolent than what 3rd Reich had in store for its subjugated peoples (a case when deeds speak clearly louder than words).

I also understand what is being said when others bring up the spectre of proxy killings & mayhem that are occuring in areas of conflict that US is involved in. I firmly believe that US participants did know what those Northern commanders were doing to Taliban prisoners (esp imported foreigners) when they were loaded into shipping containers & sent on long one way journeys.

What I have observed from US friends (to name a *tiny* few) Ferdinand Marcos, Gen Suharto, and on to Nicaragua's (Ollie North's murderous S-of-F) Contras, is that we have perfected the art of proxy murder & mayhem to new heights & can freely wash our hands of it in the eyes of the moral majority that support us.

To be quite fair, the Ruskies practised proxy warring esp through Cuba.

By 1939, the Nazi Germans had perfected new levels of propagandising the masses to accept what they wanted them to. Gobbels has gone down in history as a master of propaganda. At the time, few would have made an issue of his skills because at the time we didn't fully comprehend what he was achieving. History is wonderful at simplifying how the past happened. The Nazis had improved quite dramatically over earlier eras where propaganda was practised as a means to win the hearts & minds of citizenry.

I have read credible assesments of how to this day we speak of the Spanish Inquisitors as bestial torturers when combined evidence tends to show it as a propaganda campaign against the Spanish Catholic throne at a time when Spain dominated Europe and ruled much of the new world (Spanish Main) and also when printing presses were a new means of spreading words to masses of people by way of posters (not all could read them but it only took one who could). Dominant evidence shows that so called 'heritics' were more brutally tortured & murdered in Germany, France & UK at the time the Spanish were conducting comparitively civilised imprisonment & trials of similar peoples.

Point I ma wanting to make is that some people here are arguing that US has perfected propaganda to even more sophisticated heights than the Nazis achieved & that proxy mayhem allows us to continue to believe that 'we' are behaving civilly
when others aren't.

This is an issue we need to understand & deal with.

Thanks

Doug

Spectres from our past: Beware the future when your children & theirs come after you for what you may have been willing to condone today - dsm 2003

Motivational: When performing activities, ask yourself if the person you most want to be would do, or say, it - dsm 2003
New And again...
...you mention deeds found out during and after WW2.

Hitler's tactics were brutal and dictatorial from the 1920's...a point that seems to be missed by everyone who mentions the US in the same breath as Nazi Germany. Conentration camps existed long before the jews were interned in them. They were..at that time..populated will political dissenters...not jews...Germans...of all creeds...that dared question Hitler.

So when do we get our chance to put Susan Sarandon and Sean Penn into forced labor camps???

At no time is this saying that the US has behaved >perfectly< in all of these situations. Be that as it may, even had we >known< what was going to occur in some of the situations that were mentioned...did the troops on the ground have the ways and measn at there disposal to handle the situation differently? What were their orders? Most likely to contain the situation and allow the locals to handle it once the objective was attained. War is not always pretty, you know.

Sen Kerry would have been EXECUTED for the statements he made...well before WW2.

So...rationalise away...talk about the evils of the "US regime"...but to compare it to Hitler's Germany >AT ANY POINT IN ITS HISTORY< is ridiculous.

If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New eh? auto de fe was a brit term?
Dominant evidence shows that so called 'heritics' were more brutally tortured & murdered in Germany, France & UK at the time the Spanish were conducting comparitively civilised imprisonment & trials of similar peoples.

will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

Carpe Dieu
     Hey Beep, you'll hate this. - (mmoffitt) - (44)
         More power to them. - (bepatient) - (43)
             I know, "just wait..." - (mmoffitt) - (42)
                 So... - (bepatient) - (41)
                     Re: So... - (rcareaga) - (40)
                         I do pay attention. - (bepatient) - (39)
                             Huge difference - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                                 Understood - (bepatient)
                             Re: I do pay attention. - (rcareaga) - (36)
                                 and 46 years later... - (bepatient) - (35)
                                     Re: and 46 years later... - (rcareaga) - (5)
                                         My bad...math skills decline when hurrying... - (bepatient) - (4)
                                             and the nation behaves... - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                                 yes another believing that communism is taking over America! - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     Do not wake the youngish.. Zzzzzz___all in good time. -NT - (Ashton)
                                                 No I don't take them for granted. - (bepatient)
                                     Your point is clear & reasonable - (dmarker) - (2)
                                         And again... - (bepatient)
                                         eh? auto de fe was a brit term? - (boxley)
                                     Ah well then, I see the level which must be reached before.. - (Ashton) - (25)
                                         Patience is indeed indicated. Don't sneeze. - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                             Axis of Glee LLC, Discorporate Div. - (Ashton)
                                         Ah yes.... - (bepatient) - (22)
                                             You missed one thing Beep - (Silverlock) - (21)
                                                 Nope... - (bepatient) - (20)
                                                     I don't get you - (Silverlock) - (19)
                                                         Lets state it simply. - (bepatient) - (15)
                                                             Again with the ridicule - (Silverlock)
                                                             Hostile? - (bepatient)
                                                             Re: Lets state it simply. - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                                                 What is it with this crew? - (bepatient)
                                                                 well having batted about from souk to shantytown - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                     No real estate complaints - we got it really cheap, at first -NT - (Ashton)
                                                             Your projection may, of course prove correct. - (Ashton)
                                                             You said that twice, and I just don't smoke that much crack. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                                                 Maybe you should start then. - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                                     Maybe you should learn to read then. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                                         My German expatriot is better than yours, nyah. -NT - (admin) - (4)
                                                                             No, mine's better. Yours worked in the camps. ;-p -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                                 Whatever you say, my friend. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                     The price is vigilence. - (mmoffitt)
                                                                                     Nobody ever expects___THE SPANISH INQUISITION__[!] -NT - (Ashton)
                                                         We sit in a boat in New York harbor. - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                                                             Cute - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                                 Could you pick a more realistic destination, then? -NT - (Arkadiy)

Tasteful, translucent, understated...it was the most charming, pleasant system crash I've ever experienced.
114 ms