IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: and 46 years later...
...there are poeple here saying exactly the same thing....so if it hasn't happened in the past 46 years...why on earth would anyone think it now

Perhaps one of my more jaundiced relatives (that would likely be on the maternal side, the Irish Catholics) looked at me 46 years ago (actually, buckaroo, it's going on 56 years since Mann wrote the cited passage, but let that go) and said, "He's so young and vigorous, and actually toilet trained these past couple of years, which makes him a lot more fun at parties: it's such a pity he has to die one day." And yet, I'm a hale and only moderately less vigorous fifty now, haven't died yet--so by your reasoning I must be immortal, hey? Why would anyone think otherwise?

death-and-totalitarian-proof,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New My bad...math skills decline when hurrying...
...to post so I can put the kiddies to rest for the evening;-)

I would hope..though...that you are beyond >just< being toilet-trained...

And if you were still >acting< the spritely 2...>looking< the spritely 2 (you know...3 feet tall, no gray hair..etc...you might actually have people >believing< in your immortality.

But lo...your behavior has probably >drastically< changed along with those years...so I don't think anyone in your family...no matter how jaundiced...would accuse you of wearing pull-ups...just in case. (that will come in another few years...then you'll have gone full-circle ;-)

So...the logic might seem sound...but it doesn't quite work here.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New and the nation behaves...
in such a way as to depress the confidence of those who have observed it for any length of time and have formerly believed it immune to the impulses of bloodthirsty imperialism that have so reliably brought other national entities to grief over recorded history.

I'm guessing that you were born between 1964 and 1972. I'm telling you that had your parents, the year you were born, been given a description of American civic life as it exists today--the surveillance cameras in public places, the random urinalyses in the workplace as a condition of retaining employment, the credit checks for the purpose of renting a house (believe me, I can well remember when this was done on a handshake)--they would have regarded these elements as components of an Orwellian hell. You take them for granted, and regard further depredations upon our former liberties with phlegmatic equanimity, because you aren't old enough to know better. I'd say that you deserve the oppression that you receive were it not that our lives unfortunately overlap.

cordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New yes another believing that communism is taking over America!
The aims of Kruschev at his famous shoe banging, it is interesting that he predicted how regime like we would be after a few years of trade. Dulles salivated at what we take for granted today. Truman would hate it and Nixon would be in his element.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]

Carpe Dieu
New Do not wake the youngish.. Zzzzzz___all in good time.
New No I don't take them for granted.
But I'm generally really nice to people who think I'm younger than actual.

You were off by one on the low side.

And there are great examples of the simple degeneration of this society...not all our government's doing, either.

Handshake deals went away with the rise of spurious lawsuits. Government can't act against this without being accused of infringing on >more< rights...the debate around medical malpractice and tort reform is a shining example.

Yes I do wish for the time when I could trust my neighbor with my child's life...instead of living in fear that my neighbor would spirit them away and kill them like happened not too long ago in sunny CA. Is that lack of faith in mankind the government's fault?

A doctor afraid to lend help in a roadside accident for fear of litigation...the American desire to be good semaritan held hostage by the freedom to sue anyone for ridiculous sums of money.

Shining examples of our loss of liberty brought on by >ourselves<...not by our government. What do you expect from a society conditioning itself to believe that >NOTHING< is ever our fault. Perhaps you saw HBO last night...Inside Sports I think is the name of the program...where lawsuits were filed against >high school< coaches and refs because "my Johnny is BETTER than the others...and since you lost the game...my boy didn't get that huge pro deal".

No...nothing is ever our fault...nothing is ever "life"...shit doesn't happen anymore.

That is not government's doing. That is the "me" generation coming firmly into adulthood.
If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. Fudd's First Law of Opposition

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
     Hey Beep, you'll hate this. - (mmoffitt) - (44)
         More power to them. - (bepatient) - (43)
             I know, "just wait..." - (mmoffitt) - (42)
                 So... - (bepatient) - (41)
                     Re: So... - (rcareaga) - (40)
                         I do pay attention. - (bepatient) - (39)
                             Huge difference - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                                 Understood - (bepatient)
                             Re: I do pay attention. - (rcareaga) - (36)
                                 and 46 years later... - (bepatient) - (35)
                                     Re: and 46 years later... - (rcareaga) - (5)
                                         My bad...math skills decline when hurrying... - (bepatient) - (4)
                                             and the nation behaves... - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                                 yes another believing that communism is taking over America! - (boxley) - (1)
                                                     Do not wake the youngish.. Zzzzzz___all in good time. -NT - (Ashton)
                                                 No I don't take them for granted. - (bepatient)
                                     Your point is clear & reasonable - (dmarker) - (2)
                                         And again... - (bepatient)
                                         eh? auto de fe was a brit term? - (boxley)
                                     Ah well then, I see the level which must be reached before.. - (Ashton) - (25)
                                         Patience is indeed indicated. Don't sneeze. - (rcareaga) - (1)
                                             Axis of Glee LLC, Discorporate Div. - (Ashton)
                                         Ah yes.... - (bepatient) - (22)
                                             You missed one thing Beep - (Silverlock) - (21)
                                                 Nope... - (bepatient) - (20)
                                                     I don't get you - (Silverlock) - (19)
                                                         Lets state it simply. - (bepatient) - (15)
                                                             Again with the ridicule - (Silverlock)
                                                             Hostile? - (bepatient)
                                                             Re: Lets state it simply. - (rcareaga) - (3)
                                                                 What is it with this crew? - (bepatient)
                                                                 well having batted about from souk to shantytown - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                     No real estate complaints - we got it really cheap, at first -NT - (Ashton)
                                                             Your projection may, of course prove correct. - (Ashton)
                                                             You said that twice, and I just don't smoke that much crack. - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                                                                 Maybe you should start then. - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                                     Maybe you should learn to read then. - (mmoffitt) - (5)
                                                                         My German expatriot is better than yours, nyah. -NT - (admin) - (4)
                                                                             No, mine's better. Yours worked in the camps. ;-p -NT - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                                                                                 Whatever you say, my friend. - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                                                     The price is vigilence. - (mmoffitt)
                                                                                     Nobody ever expects___THE SPANISH INQUISITION__[!] -NT - (Ashton)
                                                         We sit in a boat in New York harbor. - (Arkadiy) - (2)
                                                             Cute - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                                                 Could you pick a more realistic destination, then? -NT - (Arkadiy)

I just want to... sing!
60 ms