IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 2 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Something's off
In that photo, no way does the dozer run her down. Either the driver turned and she couldn't run faster than it moved (or she tripped), or she ran in front of it while it was moving. Also, she doesn't appear to be moving in that photo. So I question the characterization of "moments before impact."
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
New Well, according to CNN and the Globe and Mail
She's standing on a pile of dirt and brush. The bulldozer started to push it, and she fell while trying to get off the pile. The bulldozer partially buried her, then ran her over, and then backed up and ran her over a second time.

Also, one member of her protest team quoted her as saying "my back is broken" when they ran up to her after the bulldozer was finished. That last detail was on the CNN site.
--\n-------------------------------------------------------------------\n* Jack Troughton                            jake at consultron.ca *\n* [link|http://consultron.ca|http://consultron.ca]                   [link|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca|irc://irc.ecomstation.ca] *\n* Kingston Ontario Canada               [link|news://news.consultron.ca|news://news.consultron.ca] *\n-------------------------------------------------------------------
New Supports the "accident" conclusion IMO
That sounds plausible. It also means the driver would have seen her start heading out of the way. I would bet she was not the only person he was keeping an eye on, so once he saw her start moving he looked somewhere else.
===

Implicitly condoning stupidity since 2001.
     In memoriam: Rachel Corrie - (marlowe) - (54)
         Well that pretty much says everything - (jake123) - (1)
             Re: Well that pretty much says everything - (deSitter)
         even forrest gump would have had the sense to stay - (boxley) - (8)
             I guess she figured that the IDF's bulldozer drivers - (jake123) - (6)
                 The dozer from pictures I have seen are the size of a d8 - (boxley) - (4)
                     Re: The dozer from pictures I have seen are the size of a d8 - (rcareaga) - (3)
                         I am somewhat pragmatic - (boxley) - (2)
                             Ego-BS about "tactics" and other absurdities. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                 Well it may or may not have been - (boxley)
                 You gotta admit.... - (Simon_Jester)
             A dreamers rude awakening? - (Silverlock)
         Predictably maudlin response from the puerile machine-mind. -NT - (Ashton)
         More info and the picture just before impact - (boxley) - (41)
             Intriguing.... - (Simon_Jester) - (4)
                 thats called a south african accident - (boxley)
                 Something's off - (drewk) - (2)
                     Well, according to CNN and the Globe and Mail - (jake123) - (1)
                         Supports the "accident" conclusion IMO - (drewk)
             We shall hear in a few days - how invisible was this Day-Glo - (Ashton)
             More pictures - (JayMehaffey) - (32)
                 For 2 hours they played with the bulldozers - (boxley) - (31)
                     yup, it was all *their* fault - (rcareaga) - (30)
                         Oh they're definitely at fault.... - (bepatient)
                         wrong, Israel is definately at fault - (boxley) - (28)
                             Re: wrong, Israel is definately at fault - (rcareaga) - (27)
                                 what would happen to a yemeni who snuck into - (boxley) - (26)
                                     Better question - (JayMehaffey) - (25)
                                         change that to forign activists and go ahead and cut -NT - (boxley) - (24)
                                             Re: change that to forign activists and go ahead and cut - (rcareaga) - (23)
                                                 yup. either do something effective or get the fsck out of - (boxley) - (22)
                                                     incoherent -NT - (rcareaga) - (21)
                                                         why pray tell, will those ideas not work - (boxley) - (20)
                                                             Who was the most successful protester of this type in - (jake123) - (19)
                                                                 as far as the ghandi tactics go it would work - (boxley) - (14)
                                                                     That's what I mean - (jake123) - (13)
                                                                         what occupied territories? - (boxley) - (12)
                                                                             Well, I went looking for some maps - (jake123) - (11)
                                                                                 ROFL, Ive got some good farmland in Verdun to sell to you - (boxley) - (10)
                                                                                     Sauce for the goose, Box - (jake123) - (9)
                                                                                         okies (edit added URL) - (boxley) - (8)
                                                                                             Once again, sauce for the goose. - (jake123) - (7)
                                                                                                 when did I ever say it was right? - (boxley) - (6)
                                                                                                     Well, I think we can agree on one thing - (jake123) - (5)
                                                                                                         some form of radiation that effects everyones brain there -NT - (boxley) - (4)
                                                                                                             Necromatic radiation, maybe? - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                                                                                                                 Whaddya mean? - (jake123)
                                                                                                                 which one :-) romans were nailin em up right and left - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                                                                     Eh, time is bull. - (inthane-chan)
                                                                 Non-violence. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                                                                     This is Galactic-Center for *Irony* - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                                         on impeachment Conyers "sadly" opted out :( -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                                             RATS !! ___penguins flapping wings on ice-cliff. -NT - (Ashton)
             Re: More info and the picture just before impact - (deSitter) - (1)
                 Calendar Update: It is now "When Wrong is Right" -NT - (mmoffitt)

No. Just no. Not a potential no, a solid diamond-hard no. Like, seriously Chuck Norris testicles-hard no.
509 ms