IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: AUUUUUUGH! the original problem seems to be back!
You're an idiot. You've glommed onto this phrase "memory leak" as a talisman for your ignorance. Hint - memory leaks originate in compilers. Windows has not had a serious problem with leaks since the days of early NT 4.0 and the bad C development tools that were contemporaneous.

Coincidentally, Norm is always having non-issues like this, with the associated qwetsching and hair-pulling over imaginary problems. Hmmmm...

Why don't you, Husband, leave and take Wife with.
-drl
New leave wife and establish own ID
Does a reboot clear the memory issues?
examine config and autoexec
disconnect from the internet and see if the same problem occurs.
If you know any nubile female AIX admins give the De's email addy.
thanx
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]</br>

"If you want to meet a group of people who have a profound distrust of, and hostility toward, our legal system, don't waste your time on political radicals; interview a random selection of crime victims, and you will probably find that they make the former group look like utopian idealists by comparison." Dave Robicheaux
New Memory Issues ( was Re: leave wife and establish own ID)
Does a reboot clear the memory issues?

A reboot does not always clear the memory issues. Sometimes it does, and sometimes the memory is still approximately 50m down from the usual usage left over after the OS is booted up. It appears to be intermittent.

examine config and autoexec

I'll tell him that one.

disconnect from the internet and see if the same problem occurs.

I'll try that one.

If you know any nubile female AIX admins give the De's email addy.

I don't understand this part. But if your subject title is saying John needs to make his own ID in here, it won't work because we can't log me out and him in quickly, and he has to use my computer for this site. So we aren't able to interchangeably use this site in any easy fashion. He'll only post here to help me explain computer issues that are over my head to explain to you all... hopefully that won't be a problem.

Thanks, Boxley.

Nightowl >8#
"Only dead fish swim with the stream."
Linda Ellerbee
Expand Edited by Nightowl March 13, 2003, 11:11:01 PM EST
New sigh if you log out of winders and he logs in new login time
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]</br>

"If you want to meet a group of people who have a profound distrust of, and hostility toward, our legal system, don't waste your time on political radicals; interview a random selection of crime victims, and you will probably find that they make the former group look like utopian idealists by comparison." Dave Robicheaux
New Re: sigh if you log out of winders and he logs...
Huh? Log out of windows? What do you mean, do you mean reboot????

Yikes, if we had to reboot every time he had to help me out here, I'd never get anything taken care of.

Scott, is it a problem that John is posting here for me sometimes? If so, I'll start letting him tell ME what to type. ;)

Nightowl >8#
Linda Ellerbee
New Are you using winblow 95 or above
If you are you can set "defferent" user id's without powering down the box.
thanx,
bill

New FSCKING IDIOT!
GO SOMEWHERE ON YOUR OWN LEVEL.

WHOEVER THE FUCK YOU ARE.
-drl
New Chill dude.
You don't think the question is up to your level of intellectual acumen then don't answer it. Go away. Calm down. Get a clue.

Clinton, Clinton, Clinton. Is that all you guys ever think about? Do you see him hiding around every corner? Does he haunt your dreams? I dunno, if I was you I'd probably WANT to forget about the great William Jefferson Clinton. Unlike the current president, he managed peace, prosperity, balanced budgets, lower poverty and child poverty rates, 21 million new jobs, 50,000 new teachers, 100,000 new cops, the lowest crime rate in 25 years, greater worker protections, the highest home ownership rate in history, the protection of Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security... Mind you, he did also have a penis, the evil bastard.
--[link|http://www.democraticunderground.com/|Democratic Underground]
New It's not so bad.
DeSitter gets crabby - that's just the way he is. Don't take his complaints personally.

Boxley can be terse and often leaves out punctuation. It takes a while to get used to his posting style. :-)

Boxley was suggesting that DeSitter would be happier and less crabby if he found a job as an AIX admin with an attractive co-worker. He was asking if you could forward DeSitter's e-mail address if you know of such a position. :-)

Now, ...

Huh? Log out of windows? What do you mean, do you mean reboot????

Go to the "Start" button and under the "Shut Down" option you should see something like "Logout and Login as a new user", depending on which version of Windows you're running. It'll close (most?) all your apps and then you should be able to login in Opera in IWeThey as a different user.

Scott (the other one) may be able to suggest another way that you can both easily use the same PC to talk to us here with different logins. (You could, for example, use different browsers.)

But you really don't need to do that. There's no way for us to get confused on who's using the account as long as you sign your messages - as you always do. So don't worry about it. :-)

My $0.02.

Cheers,
Scott.
Expand Edited by Another Scott March 13, 2003, 11:27:33 PM EST
New Don't worry about it, Brenda.
Ignore Ross. He's been using his automatic 6-D-battery self-flagellation and knob-growing whoopie rod a bit too much lately, I think. Sometimes he's as unstable as Norm, just in spetacularly different ways. ;-)

If John wants to use the forums a lot, it's probably easier if he uses his own account. But if it's just an occasional thing, don't worry about it.
Regards,

-scott anderson

"Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson..."
New Re: Don't worry about it, Brenda.
Ignore Ross. He's been using his automatic 6-D-battery self-flagellation and knob-growing whoopie rod a bit too much lately, I think. Sometimes he's as unstable as Norm, just in spetacularly different ways. ;-)

Thanks Scott. And I'm sorry we can't meet with him at this point, but it just doesn't seem like a good judgment call after all this stuff.

If John wants to use the forums a lot, it's probably easier if he uses his own account. But if it's just an occasional thing, don't worry about it.

Thanks and he won't be using it much, I assure you. He's not interested in becoming part of this group, just solving the computer problem we've had for months now.

I'm doing my best not to incite people in here or do anything wrong, and I follow the rules, so if I'm breaking one here at any point, please tell me.

Meanwhile, I'm also trying to find a way to link a photo to here so you can see me and John and my car.. but I haven't sorted out how yet. John said something about having to have the photo on a site.. and we don't have one other than one with our personal info, which isn't an option here.

But I'm on it.

Nightowl >8#
Linda Ellerbee
New Has everybody just abandoned good judgment?
These people are frauds.

If they are not, then they will agree to meet me in person.

This is something that fucking sicko deadbeat Norm has concocted to jack himself off with.
-drl
New Re: Has everybody just abandoned good judgment?
These people are frauds.

If they are not, then they will agree to meet me in person.

We did agree to meet you in person remember? We were talking about meeting. Where would you want to meet? I assure you, John and I are not frauds.

This is something that fucking sicko deadbeat Norm has concocted to jack himself off with.

And this is simply not true.

I posted in here to call on all of your expertise, because I needed help with a technical problem, and still do, and I feel like you all have a vast amount of technical expertise. If you don't want to help me and John out, feel free to say so, and I'll search for another site for help.

And I'll verify my existence to anyone who asks in any "reasonable" way they would like, including by phone or person.

Nightowl >8#

Linda Ellerbee
New I don't believe you, get it?
-drl
New Put up or shut up.
Go meet them. Until you do, you're just being an asshole. Very, very tiresome, Ross. Stop it. Now.
Regards,

-scott anderson

New Re: Has everybody just abandoned good judgment?
Nightowl's husband again. I have no desire to meet deSitter, and I really don't care if anyone believes I'm real or not. I could be Norm, Nightowl, Scott, Linda Ellerbee, Bill Gates, and everybody else. I just want to know if someone has a suggestion on what to do with disappearing Windows 98 memory.

(Nightowl wasn't aware that it wasn't an option to meet with deSitter anymore. I had decided on that a long time ago, and hadn't told her. We had already solved the problem with the video card, and it doesn't look like he's going to provide any more help.)

JohnF
(no separate ID, by the way, as I don't intend to establish a permanent presence here)

Linda Ellerbee
New naw, convinced they are the lost tribe of Orion
and have been not exposed to the outer whirls, a little like the cargo cult folks, well meaning but slow.
thanx,
bill

New Re: naw, convinced they are the lost tribe of Orion
and have been not exposed to the outer whirls, a little like the cargo cult folks, well meaning but slow.

Hehehe, not sure what you mean exactly, but maybe you mean I'm not that computer-smart, and you would be correct. However, John is, he's a programmer, hence the reason I have him explain things he tries or does because he'll make more sense than me.

I have limited internet knowledge, almost NO html knowledge, (although he bought me a book and I'm checking into it), and some software knowledge that's close to
expert on some programs, and clueless on others. ;)

And if I don't understand something, I admit it, look it up, or ask. :)

Nightowl >8#
Linda Ellerbee
New Believe me, even I couldn't have invented a story like this
or characters like Brenda and John. Much as I'd like to take credit for it, they are not me. Real people, real problems. Not as technically savvy as most of the people here, but still no reason to insult them.

Nice opinion you have of me deSitter, are we still friends?

Can't take the Admin's word for it? Still think it is me? I hope that you do finaly meet them and have to eat crow for being wrong. Or maybe they can get an online picture. Brenda, do you have a Yahoo Geocities account? Upload a picture of you and John there and then point a URL to it in a post. This will at least show them what you look like. If not, visit [link|http://www.geocities.com/|http://www.geocities.com/] and create one. You cannot link directly to the picture from the forum here, but you can place it in a web page or something.

[link|http://pub75.ezboard.com/bantiiwethey|
New and improved, Chicken Delvits!]
New Re: Believe me, even I couldn't have invented a story...
or characters like Brenda and John. Much as I'd like to take credit for it, they are not me. Real people, real problems. Not as technically savvy as most of the people here, but still no reason to insult them.

Nice opinion you have of me deSitter, are we still friends?

Can't take the Admin's word for it? Still think it is me? I hope that you do finaly meet them and have to eat crow for being wrong. Or maybe they can get an online picture. Brenda, do you have a Yahoo Geocities account? Upload a picture of you and John there and then point a URL to it in a post. This will at least show them what you look like. If not, visit [link|http://www.geocities.com/|http://www.geocities.com/] and create one. You cannot link directly to the picture from the forum here, but you can place it in a web page or something.

Yep, actually I just posted about that in the tips forum. I've got a friend who told me to email her the 2 pictures. I just have to figure out how to link it here.

John detests geocities hehee! But I'm on the problem. Just figuring it out.

Nightowl >8#

Linda Ellerbee
New Re: Believe me, even I couldn't have invented a story...
Just post the URL address in the body of the message and it will autolink for you after you've posted it.

New Re: Believe me, even I couldn't have invented a story
You never even bothered to apologize to THIS crowd for your lies and manipulations - then mystery people show up connected to you - what is someone supposed to believe? This is what happens when you stomp on someone's trust.
-drl
New Then I apologize
for my actions and misdeeds to this crowd for what I have done in the past. I am doing what I can so that there will be no more repeats of said behavior.

Just for the record, I am/was right about not being Nightowl. Now there is proof about it. I have done what I can to control myself to not repeat past events.

"Bill gates cannot guarantee Windows, so how are you going to guarantee my safety?"
-John Crichton to the Emperor of the Scarrans on [link|http://www.farscape.com|FarScape]
New Re: Then I apologize
Good for you, Norman! I'm proud of you! Being sorry for something and admitting it is always the first step, and then you live and learn from it. And I think you are doing just that.

And hey, don't get too upset if everyone doesn't accept it right off. It might take time. Be patient. :)

Nightowl >8#
Linda Ellerbee
New Can you create a profile in Opera?
I don't use Opera, but Mozilla allows the use of profiles. You can exit the browser and sign in with a different profile so that multiple users can use the browser.

Either that or have John use a different browser like IE to post.

New Re: Can you create a profile in Opera?
I don't use Opera, but Mozilla allows the use of profiles. You can exit the browser and sign in with a different profile so that multiple users can use the browser.

I have no idea what Opera does on that front. Clueless owl! hehee!

Either that or have John use a different browser like IE to post.

It's ok, Scott said he doesn't have to make an ID, since he's only helping me post about Andrei, and really isn't interested in being on here otherwise.

I also offered to have him tell me what to write, and I can sign them too.

I think we're fine. :)

Nightowl >8#

Linda Ellerbee
New Ha! :-)
New ROSS: Cut. It. Out. (new thread)
Created as new thread #88217 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=88217|ROSS: Cut. It. Out.]
Regards,

-scott anderson

New Speaking of ignorance..
You're an idiot. You've glommed onto this phrase "memory leak" as a talisman for your ignorance. Hint - memory leaks originate in compilers. Windows has not had a serious problem with leaks since the days of early NT 4.0 and the bad C development tools that were contemporaneous.

And here I was with this silly impression that it was perfectly possible for a human to create a memory leak with bad coding practices. Which, in fact, happens rather more than said humans would like.

As for the rest of it, well Ross, it isn't only Norm that makes us wonder what is in the water in St. Louis...

Cheers,
Ben
"good ideas and bad code build communities, the other three combinations do not"
- [link|http://archives.real-time.com/pipermail/cocoon-devel/2000-October/003023.html|Stefano Mazzocchi]
     AUUUUUUGH! the original problem seems to be back! - (Nightowl) - (46)
         Process of elimination. - (admin) - (2)
             Re: Process of elimination. - (Nightowl)
             Questions about the Process of elimination. (new thread) - (Nightowl)
         Consider running Spybot Search and Destroy - (Another Scott)
         Re: AUUUUUUGH! the original problem seems to be back! - (Nightowl) - (35)
             Re: AUUUUUUGH! the original problem seems to be back! - (deSitter) - (28)
                 leave wife and establish own ID - (boxley) - (25)
                     Memory Issues ( was Re: leave wife and establish own ID) - (Nightowl) - (23)
                         sigh if you log out of winders and he logs in new login time -NT - (boxley) - (20)
                             Re: sigh if you log out of winders and he logs... - (Nightowl) - (6)
                                 Are you using winblow 95 or above - (boxley)
                                 FSCKING IDIOT! - (deSitter) - (1)
                                     Chill dude. - (Silverlock)
                                 It's not so bad. - (Another Scott)
                                 Don't worry about it, Brenda. - (admin) - (1)
                                     Re: Don't worry about it, Brenda. - (Nightowl)
                             Has everybody just abandoned good judgment? - (deSitter) - (12)
                                 Re: Has everybody just abandoned good judgment? - (Nightowl) - (3)
                                     I don't believe you, get it? -NT - (deSitter) - (1)
                                         Put up or shut up. - (admin)
                                     Re: Has everybody just abandoned good judgment? - (Nightowl)
                                 naw, convinced they are the lost tribe of Orion - (boxley) - (1)
                                     Re: naw, convinced they are the lost tribe of Orion - (Nightowl)
                                 Believe me, even I couldn't have invented a story like this - (orion) - (5)
                                     Re: Believe me, even I couldn't have invented a story... - (Nightowl) - (1)
                                         Re: Believe me, even I couldn't have invented a story... - (orion)
                                     Re: Believe me, even I couldn't have invented a story - (deSitter) - (2)
                                         Then I apologize - (orion) - (1)
                                             Re: Then I apologize - (Nightowl)
                         Can you create a profile in Opera? - (orion) - (1)
                             Re: Can you create a profile in Opera? - (Nightowl)
                     Ha! :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                 ROSS: Cut. It. Out. (new thread) - (admin)
                 Speaking of ignorance.. - (ben_tilly)
             Spybot program. - (ChrisR) - (1)
                 Spybots are notoriously bad. - (inthane-chan)
             You know, this might simply be normal behaviour. - (jake123) - (3)
                 Re: You know, this might simply be normal behaviour. - (Nightowl) - (2)
                     You may have some rogue processes in startup. - (Silverlock)
                     ATTN: late post here. Bad memory ??? - (Ashton)
         You shouldn't have a loss of memory like that - (orion) - (5)
             Re: You shouldn't have a loss of memory like that - (Nightowl) - (4)
                 Re: You shouldn't have a loss of memory like that - (Nightowl) - (3)
                     Update on Andrei (was Re: You shouldn't have a...) - (Nightowl) - (2)
                         atdem? - (ben_tilly) - (1)
                             I figured out what Atdem is! ( was Re: atdem?) - (Nightowl)

It's a wet cheese, left out in the cold.
211 ms