IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: You sifted that whole thing to grasp one limp straw?
Your bias is already beyond absurd

As against you, Marlowe--clear-eyed, unbiased (lesser men have prejudices but you have convictions), generous of spirit. It is to laugh.

cordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New Convictions ?? Nay -
Thou hath perhaps elided the central imaginary core -

Our very-own sock puppet hath made the Faustian Trade\ufffd:
In exchange for soft cooings We Shall Anoint thee with Certainty, Grasshopper.. Our Chickie has abandoned the arduous path of the seeking of Reason about the contradictions within persons and humanity. Has settled instead, for the simplistic: that mere 'logic' via which he indulges the daily perversion of manipulating a bunch of Yes/No concepts for fun, profit and a life of digital-think, the most shallow of all puzzle-games. (Why, mainly - that's about bizness or war. Is there any difference, except in degree?)

Verily I say unto thee, I Have Seen the Signs! before.. in my Gramma's rheumy eyes, while indulging in hate-speak about them nigras and especially about: *Them

* Them Commies == Them what don't see the world through My shit-coloured glasses and Jesus is on my side and and Not Theirs! and and So There..! and and

Freedom! Truth! Liberty! *Us*
-They- Suck.
EZ as pie.

Convictions? (aren't those about just desserts after crime?) Heavier:
Possession of The Truth is the pure endorphin-spewing brain-distillate of bein Sure yer an inside-partner with God, workin on an LBO of Evil Empires everywhere - no scuzzy human rulez need apply; just Swing that Scimitar and Enjoy! Why.. You Gots God-Given Morality! as amnesty from your crimes!

How fortunate are we, to have such a speciment to study in vitro ! :-\ufffd

(Alas too, and about the Joys of Swinging Scimitars; some have 'read' the Gita, empathised with Arjuna - as Siva [in human guise] counsels him to massacre relatives, women & children - as are only parts of the maya, too. Thus we see the dangers of such allegory being 'read' by the simplistic literal digital mind!)

Once more into the breach, dear friends - the Possessed are ever amidst us and are the lawful prey of the Dispossessed. It's The Law in the World of Duality!

After all, the poverty of one's psyche - begins from being carefully taught trite homilies by a shallow parent within a banal culture. And Walking Tall with that burden.
New Re: Convictions ?? Nay -
Your late Grammy must have been a piece of work. Mine (1899-1993) was a devout and bigoted Irish Catholic who referred to the Prots at least once in my hearing as "Filthy Orangemen." I think she went to her grave without ever knowing that her daughter, edging away from the Mother Church, had her second child baptized Episcopalian late in 1952 (I myself did not learn this until almost sixteen years later, to give you an idea of the rigor of my own religious education).

cordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New Heh.. Let him who is without sine
Go off on a tangent.

The Patriarch who owned the military academy I resided in (and a string of other inconsequential places - though 'ours' was fully accredited for shipments to West Point yada & yada and the scholastics prove to have been 'Good') was an Evangelical type.

Would periodically show up for 'chapel' [march in. march out.] with his fav Accordion Player Guy! [nope, not making this up]. and {cackle}. Fortunately my roomies, before I got the rank to be left alone (!) were at worst, non-theologically oriented and at best.. budding anti-theologicians.

Anyway and overall - it was a Gas. And there was a lot of freedom, if you learned how to seize it. A few years ago I had the distinct pleasure of finding my old chem/physics teacher and comparing notes. The trust he had offered, in giving me the key to the chem shack (that, and music!) certainly saved me from committing homicide or other distractions. Ah.. Providence.

And our Engl. prof had us read A Doll's House -with comprehension-. I was ready for de-chatteling of females, long before I had the words. So I bear no ill-will towards what might be too easily caricatured as 'provincial'; I got to see the beneficent side of Corp Religion through later-on accidental acquaintance with a (Episcopal?) priest - surely among the wisest of folks yet met.

(I played some Purcell in his small SF church, occasionally. Trumpet is enhanced when an *organ* accompanies; the long reverb-time also stirs Psyche. Recommended therapy, but: practice practice. And find an accompanist who can transpose.. a high-D can kill ya)

So I gather we both have encountered the usual mix of sublime/ridiculous, enough to eschew any of the pop-labels, even if it's fun to skewer the sanctimonious At All Times [?]

Ashton
Pace pace O Mio Dio!
Opera teaches us that the best way to Do War is to sing about it.
Instead.
New I think what we all benefitted from was a mentor
I had several, one who was convinced I would die of an overdose at a young age. No matter how long between visits he was always gracious enough to invite me in for coffee, manatee cigarettes and updates. On one quick visit from the frozen north he explained he had lung cancer. All the local busybodies insisted it was aids due to his sexual orientation. A gentle man lived in quiet dignity surrounded by peckerwoods always waiting for mistep to form a lynching.
Another although we were not close was instrumental in teaching me gentleness. An Anglican Pastor him and his wife enjoyed long discourses about the nature of man, religion and his library of classics was always open.
One more was the kind cocktail waitress/hooker who looked the other way when I was sixteen and inhabiting the bar. She had a great collecton of blues and jazz that she could play because she was the owners daughter. Many told her to shut it off but she would shrug her ample shoulders mutter in Ukranian and turn it up. Cops never bothered them because she was the only action in town.
The best was a german survivor of Stalingrad who taught me humor is available for all occasions especially when the shit hits the fan and never sweat little stuff like death, bankrupcy or poverty because the spirit will overcome.
thanx,
bill
will work for cash and other incentives [link|http://home.tampabay.rr.com/boxley/resume/Resume.html|skill set]

questions, help? [link|mailto:pappas@catholic.org|email pappas at catholic.org]</br>

"If you want to meet a group of people who have a profound distrust of, and hostility toward, our legal system, don't waste your time on political radicals; interview a random selection of crime victims, and you will probably find that they make the former group look like utopian idealists by comparison." Dave Robicheaux
New Never had one
I have no one to blame for all my faults.

I did have a cultured, old world friend who allowed me to know that such people existed.
-drl
New More impotent rage from the peanut gallery!
Ad hominem and bile. That's all you've got. Get over your stupid leftist ideology. It's so four decades ago.
The future is leaving the station, the US is at the throttle, and the Left isn't on board.
No oil for TotalFinaElf!
CHICKENHAWK! Scourge of clucking hens everywhere!
Victory is the answer. There are no alternatives.
[link|http://www.angelfire.com/ca3/marlowe/index.html|http://www.angelfire...arlowe/index.html]
New When you can't attack the message...
...attack the messenger.

First rule of debate. I see you're well briefed in it, Marlow. :)
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
     A. de Tocqueville, Democracy in America, about 1830 - (deSitter) - (19)
         What a sobering dialogue - Hmmmm, this caught my attn - (dmarker)
         You sifted that whole thing to grasp one limp straw? - (marlowe) - (13)
             Wow, completely ahistorical - (jake123) - (2)
                 THAT was the whole point - (deSitter) - (1)
                     Well, the good things he said are still as true. - (marlowe)
             I don't hate America - (cwbrenn) - (1)
                 Not even them - (deSitter)
             Re: You sifted that whole thing to grasp one limp straw? - (rcareaga) - (7)
                 Convictions ?? Nay - - (Ashton) - (4)
                     Re: Convictions ?? Nay - - (rcareaga) - (3)
                         Heh.. Let him who is without sine - (Ashton) - (2)
                             I think what we all benefitted from was a mentor - (boxley) - (1)
                                 Never had one - (deSitter)
                 More impotent rage from the peanut gallery! - (marlowe) - (1)
                     When you can't attack the message... - (inthane-chan)
         A neat thing about de T - (Ashton) - (3)
             Re: A neat thing about de T - (rcareaga) - (2)
                 :) -NT - (boxley)
                 Of all sad words of tongue or pen - (Ashton)

Write that down!
54 ms