IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Ah yes, McPhee
Have you noticed, incidentally, that McPhee can make a book-length tome about damn near anything a ripping good read (although some would rather he'd get off his decades-long geology tear)? I mean, if I learned that his 2003 title was to be "Lint," I'd at least spend some time at Cody's or Moe's perusing it--and might very well take it home.

cordially,
"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New Well.. Rhodes ain't too shabby in that department, either.
Hmmm Cody's. Migawd ... Berkeley. You might even know what a Bevatron is (was)! Did I miss you among the other 24,999 in that Vietnam march to-deliver-a clue-by-4? (or a newbie to the scene?)

Yes, if you see a copy of Lint - the Real Story - I'll likely spring for it too. There are so few decent writers who also can add and know what an element might be. Turning scientists into writers seems to need a transposition of the Right-brain over to the Left- side.

(Except that's wrong too - Feynman! and then there's M. Crichton: though I rarely consider an 'MD' a scientist, after watching a few try to play one - with real particles.)

Ashton
New Rhodes not shabby at all
Indeed he ain't. I thought The Making of the Atomic Bomb was dazzling; the follow-up on the H-bomb a bit less so but still impressive. Nearly as good in its way as TMotAB is R.K. Massie's Dreadnought, published in 1991, an account of the Anglo-German naval rivalry from about 1870 to 1914.

cordially,

"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
     Shanghai miracle - (rcareaga) - (62)
         did you get to Shanghai? - (boxley) - (6)
             Re: did you get to Shanghai? - (rcareaga)
             "Chairman Mao it aint" - (rcareaga) - (4)
                 I nominate Marlowe as ambassador to China <grin> - (dmarker) - (3)
                     Zooooom - - - (Ashton)
                     Just noticed "Marlowe" is an anagram of "War Mole" -NT - (deSitter) - (1)
                         I'm 100% satisfied Marlowe is our new Merlin <grin> ... - (dmarker)
         The "Shanghai miracle" - (Silverlock) - (9)
             Re: The "Shanghai miracle" - (dmarker)
             China appears ready to put man in space ... - (dmarker) - (7)
                 ...and on the moon - (rcareaga) - (1)
                     Now that tops my news <grin>. Where will this end ? - (dmarker)
                 Pics fine [and er.. deja vu] in Moz 1.01 -NT - (Ashton)
                 Laundry and take-out for ISS :) -NT - (deSitter)
                 Do you suppose they had some help... - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                     Re: Do you suppose they had some help... - (deSitter) - (1)
                         So China can help N. Korea and the Pakistanis build ICBMs? - (a6l6e6x)
         An antidote for irrational exuberance - (marlowe) - (44)
             Fucking amazing - it 1st revises its facts ... - (dmarker) - (4)
                 Crash & burn #1 - 'Marlowe' Where in your quoted link here - (dmarker)
                 Crash & Burn #2 - Where in this quoted link is there any .. - (dmarker)
                 Crash & Burn #3 - Your quoted link #3 actually argues in - (dmarker)
                 Crash & Burn #4 - This link is not 'facts' it is subjective - (dmarker)
             take all of your facts and convert them to truth - (boxley) - (2)
                 No, not all that different. - (marlowe) - (1)
                     SO THATS IT !!! - Marlowe is a Falun Gonger ! -NT - (dmarker)
             Re: An antidote for irrational exuberance - (rcareaga) - (35)
                 Chuckle....sometimes it's hard for us to remember - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                     Had that 'Energia' not suffered a Murican-style blow-up - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Merlin/Marlowe/Whoever - brings to mind 'Cool Hand Luke' - (dmarker)
                 Re: An antidote for irrational exuberance - (deSitter) - (31)
                     rocket science - (rcareaga) - (30)
                         Russians were desparate to show the US up. - (static) - (26)
                             Russians messed up by allowing politics to override tech - (dmarker) - (25)
                                 Let us hope, then... - (rcareaga) - (5)
                                     Ah yes, McPhee - - and the decline of US amateur electronics - (Ashton) - (3)
                                         Re: Ah yes, McPhee - (rcareaga) - (2)
                                             Well.. Rhodes ain't too shabby in that department, either. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                 Rhodes not shabby at all - (rcareaga)
                                     You mean like Timothy McVeigh :-) - (dmarker)
                                 But we are losing it.. - (Ashton) - (9)
                                     The world is no longer electronic - (Arkadiy) - (8)
                                         The world! is analog(ue). - (Ashton) - (7)
                                             Yes, alas, digitial does not actually exist . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                 What matters is the precision necessary and possible - (Arkadiy)
                                             Be careful saying "never". - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                 Methinks that "0 resistance" - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                     Electrical resistance and *c* are different issues. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                         Well... DC resistivity does seem bulletproof - (Ashton)
                                                         A/C for runing a super conductor - (dmarker)
                                 Re: Russians messed up by allowing politics to override tech - (rcareaga) - (8)
                                     Yes - very good point. My interest is homebuilt h/c and ... - (dmarker) - (7)
                                         Re: Yes - very good point. My interest is homebuilt h/c and - (rcareaga) - (6)
                                             OOOooooo that was below the belt <grin> - (dmarker) - (5)
                                                 Kinda OT: Insert tasteless joke here... - (Meerkat) - (4)
                                                     Re: Kinda OT: Insert tasteless joke here... - (rcareaga) - (2)
                                                         Don't know of her - was she somone who wouldn't let go - (dmarker) - (1)
                                                             sic transit gloria mundi! - (rcareaga)
                                                     Then there's Rod McKuen - for complete masslessness: - (Ashton)
                         Re: rocket science - (deSitter)
                         Russia has alway been good - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                             Re: Russia has alway been good - (deSitter)

Why, that looks so dangerous - I'm sure I'll learn something wonderful!
211 ms