IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New ...and on the moon
[link|http://www.astronautix.com/craft/chirbase.htm|http://www.astronaut...raft/chirbase.htm]

And wouldn't that, my auditors, be a telling metaphor for rising and descending powers?

cordially,

"Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist."
New Now that tops my news <grin>. Where will this end ?

Who knows what 1.5 billion hardworking (don't lets debate the efficiency) people can achieve.

But I have to say that in the 13 years I have been visiting the place it has transformed from a quaint communist backwater to a staggering powerhouse.

I am inclined to repet the PM of Singapore's words "China's advancement in recent years is scary".

In 1980 in Japan, a senior exec from Mitsubishi who I had met, had said thet the Japanese had a high regard for Hong Kong Chinese, followed closely by the Taiwanese but they regarded the mainlanders as unable to relate the the modern world of business. But in just 2 decades - the tables have turned. The Japs have the problem.

Cheers

Doug Marker
     Shanghai miracle - (rcareaga) - (62)
         did you get to Shanghai? - (boxley) - (6)
             Re: did you get to Shanghai? - (rcareaga)
             "Chairman Mao it aint" - (rcareaga) - (4)
                 I nominate Marlowe as ambassador to China <grin> - (dmarker) - (3)
                     Zooooom - - - (Ashton)
                     Just noticed "Marlowe" is an anagram of "War Mole" -NT - (deSitter) - (1)
                         I'm 100% satisfied Marlowe is our new Merlin <grin> ... - (dmarker)
         The "Shanghai miracle" - (Silverlock) - (9)
             Re: The "Shanghai miracle" - (dmarker)
             China appears ready to put man in space ... - (dmarker) - (7)
                 ...and on the moon - (rcareaga) - (1)
                     Now that tops my news <grin>. Where will this end ? - (dmarker)
                 Pics fine [and er.. deja vu] in Moz 1.01 -NT - (Ashton)
                 Laundry and take-out for ISS :) -NT - (deSitter)
                 Do you suppose they had some help... - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                     Re: Do you suppose they had some help... - (deSitter) - (1)
                         So China can help N. Korea and the Pakistanis build ICBMs? - (a6l6e6x)
         An antidote for irrational exuberance - (marlowe) - (44)
             Fucking amazing - it 1st revises its facts ... - (dmarker) - (4)
                 Crash & burn #1 - 'Marlowe' Where in your quoted link here - (dmarker)
                 Crash & Burn #2 - Where in this quoted link is there any .. - (dmarker)
                 Crash & Burn #3 - Your quoted link #3 actually argues in - (dmarker)
                 Crash & Burn #4 - This link is not 'facts' it is subjective - (dmarker)
             take all of your facts and convert them to truth - (boxley) - (2)
                 No, not all that different. - (marlowe) - (1)
                     SO THATS IT !!! - Marlowe is a Falun Gonger ! -NT - (dmarker)
             Re: An antidote for irrational exuberance - (rcareaga) - (35)
                 Chuckle....sometimes it's hard for us to remember - (Simon_Jester) - (2)
                     Had that 'Energia' not suffered a Murican-style blow-up - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Merlin/Marlowe/Whoever - brings to mind 'Cool Hand Luke' - (dmarker)
                 Re: An antidote for irrational exuberance - (deSitter) - (31)
                     rocket science - (rcareaga) - (30)
                         Russians were desparate to show the US up. - (static) - (26)
                             Russians messed up by allowing politics to override tech - (dmarker) - (25)
                                 Let us hope, then... - (rcareaga) - (5)
                                     Ah yes, McPhee - - and the decline of US amateur electronics - (Ashton) - (3)
                                         Re: Ah yes, McPhee - (rcareaga) - (2)
                                             Well.. Rhodes ain't too shabby in that department, either. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                 Rhodes not shabby at all - (rcareaga)
                                     You mean like Timothy McVeigh :-) - (dmarker)
                                 But we are losing it.. - (Ashton) - (9)
                                     The world is no longer electronic - (Arkadiy) - (8)
                                         The world! is analog(ue). - (Ashton) - (7)
                                             Yes, alas, digitial does not actually exist . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                 What matters is the precision necessary and possible - (Arkadiy)
                                             Be careful saying "never". - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                 Methinks that "0 resistance" - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                     Electrical resistance and *c* are different issues. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                         Well... DC resistivity does seem bulletproof - (Ashton)
                                                         A/C for runing a super conductor - (dmarker)
                                 Re: Russians messed up by allowing politics to override tech - (rcareaga) - (8)
                                     Yes - very good point. My interest is homebuilt h/c and ... - (dmarker) - (7)
                                         Re: Yes - very good point. My interest is homebuilt h/c and - (rcareaga) - (6)
                                             OOOooooo that was below the belt <grin> - (dmarker) - (5)
                                                 Kinda OT: Insert tasteless joke here... - (Meerkat) - (4)
                                                     Re: Kinda OT: Insert tasteless joke here... - (rcareaga) - (2)
                                                         Don't know of her - was she somone who wouldn't let go - (dmarker) - (1)
                                                             sic transit gloria mundi! - (rcareaga)
                                                     Then there's Rod McKuen - for complete masslessness: - (Ashton)
                         Re: rocket science - (deSitter)
                         Russia has alway been good - (Arkadiy) - (1)
                             Re: Russia has alway been good - (deSitter)

That exact plan? GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!
93 ms